Atium to Valium First Week Not Going Well

[ma...]

Fourth night of c/o. thought this was the easy week. switching 6A to 5.5A + 5v. Havent slept  3 of 4 nights. finally got up at midnight and took the other .5A so I could get a few hours. My 6A was just for sleep  so I dose just at night. Is V no good for sleep or does it just need more time? I figured I should be able to sleep just with 5.5A while the v caught up. Depressing to think I cant even get thru week one without sleeping 3 out of 4 nights how am i going to get thru 36 weeks? am going slower than ashton even recommends. seems impossible right now.

Fourth night of c/o. thought this was the easy week. switching 6A to 5.5A + 5v. Havent slept  3 of 4 nights. finally got up at midnight and took the other .5A so I could get a few hours. My 6A was just for sleep  so I dose just at night. Is V no good for sleep or does it just need more time? I figured I should be able to sleep just with 5.5A while the v caught up. Depressing to think I cant even get thru week one without sleeping 3 out of 4 nights how am i going to get thru 36 weeks? am going slower than ashton even recommends. seems impossible right now.

Hiya magster.  Sleeping tablets can be troublesome because if you become dependent then they will very likely cause interdose withdrawal.  Irrespective of your cross over difficulties, if you get symptoms from regular sleeping tablets then it is often a good idea to divide the dose throughout the 24-hour day.  I know this seems counter intuitive when what you want is to sleep at night.  However if your CNS is going in and out of withdrawal within a day then your CNS may not be sufficiently recovered to allow you to get good sleep at night.

A lot of people find Valium to be sedating especially at first, so it should be helpful to you.

Maybe you would find it easier to cross over in smaller steps switching only .25mg Ativan for 2.5 Valium. 

I agree with both suggestions.  If the drug is not already spread out I'd do that and go to perhaps three or four even doses.  And also going to smaller steps should be a help.

I had to cross from 2.5 mg. A to V and found once the V built up in my system I felt better. I also had to do very small cuts and crosses.  Some times I only did 1/8 of a pill, .125 mg of A for 1.25 mg. of V.  It took me over 4 months but I am finally off the A as of last week.  Symptoms come and go.  I did well the first few days off the A but at day 5 had stomach pain again and had it last night also.  I also have the tongue burning but am happy to report it seems to be lessening some.  You will have to go really slowly.  Valium can take up to a month to build up enough to cover the symptoms but it probably won't cover them all.  You should be somewhat comfortable though, not have to put up with untolerable symptoms.  Cutting .5 mg. of A might be way too much.  try half that or a quarter of that like I did.  Once the V builds it should cover the worst w/d and maybe you can get used to it.  Good luck and hope you can find some relief.