hypothyroidism and panic disorder???

[mi...]

My doctor was talking to me about the high number of women who have hypothyroidism also may have panic/anxiety disorder...I have been reading a lot of articles about this and have found tons of info to support this...I have had hypothyroidism since I was six years old and suffered panic attacks as a child into the present...this has also stunted my growth also....was wondering if anyone else who has panic disorder if they to have hypothyroidism???

I'm hypo and I didn't have panic attacks but did have a lot of fear and depression. I heard there are diets that help with thyroid dysfunction but I did not get into it yet

I am Hyper....no anxiety. The endo got me in range within a few weeks while my regular doc worked on it for four years and that resulted in nothing. Remind me to never see him again.

:smitten:

Bets

Interesting to see that so many have it though...

I have to wonder if this is benzo induced? I never had it before benzos.....

Interesting to see that so many have it though...

I have to wonder if this is benzo induced? I never had it before benzos.....

I wonder this too...my mom used a form of benzos her whole life and all of us have it....I guess back then they called benzos mamas lil helpers....kinda interesting

I have hyperthyroidism, currently in remission. I never had a real panic attack until after I was prescribed Klonopin and Lexapro as a 'treatment plan' by my endocrinologist.

I know my thyroid symptoms will most likely flare during w/d, but I can't allow that fear to stop me. This w/d is moving forward, whether I live or die. I need to know I tried to do absolutely everything I could before I check out of this pain body.