are tics spasms disturbing my sleep?

[ti...]

hello everyone. i just want to know if anyone here has experienced this. when im about to sleep or when im at rest, i would have tics thats really very annoying and such a nuisance. my jaw, hand, elbow, hip, shoulder, foot would tick. btw i was on benzo and a drug that was an anti-psychotic drug wc i cant recall now. i feel like this is the reason why i can't fall asleep right away cz when im about to sleep, id have these tics.

has anyone have this same experience? can you please share your experience and let me know if these tics would get better.

thank you.

I don't know how long you've been off the benzo's?  Are you able to create a signature?  I have whole body jerks some nights when I'm trying to fall asleep.  I don't know what it is. 

Iive been off 4 a lil over 3 months. Im not able to create a signature cz Ive forgotten some of d meds I took way back then.

I guess what u meant by whole body jerk is the hypnic jerk wherein when youre about to doze off, it would seem like youre about to fall off hence your body would jerk. 

can anyone tell me what's going on with me? is there anyone out there experiencing the same? it seems like I am the only one who has this symptom. pls.

thank you.

I am experiencing something similar. I created a post too but did not receive replies so I thought I might be alone.  I'm not sure if it is eactly the same. While I'm awake I feel various muscles spasm and sometimes feels like little bubbles popping under my skin. I rarely jerk during the day. At night while I'm trying to lay still my body feels even more like a live wire. Everytime I'm trying to fall asleep I jerk awake. My neurologist called them hypnogognic jerks. Are yours not jerking you awake? are you able to sleep? I'm jerking awake all night to the point I haven't slept in 3 nights. My neurologist says it's anxiety. I'm getting very desperate.

I do hear alot on this board that during withdrawal that muscle spasms and jerks are pretty common So hopefully it will pass soon.

I have had these to just as I am fallen asleep...I all of a sudden have a leg jerk that scares the crap out of me...almost Like someone has pushed the bottom of my foot up hard....I have a wtf moment and eventually fall back alseep....its creepy

hi wanttobebetter. i did have that hypnogognic jerks at the start of my taper but its gone now. when it happens, just tell yourself that it's nothing to be scared of. sometimes our subconscious plays a big part on how we react to situations that happen to us. our mind thru our subconscious mind has been programmed to react nervously when we have that jerks (since its new, "abnormal" and unexplainable experience, we react nervously the first time it happens). so everytime you jerk, just consciously and constantly tell yourself that its nothing to be scared of and nobody will die because of it. by doing so, your subconscious mind will catch up to what you are telling yourself consciously and you will stop reacting nervously to the jerks. before you know it, the jerks will stop.

Thank you. Mine started before I took benzos so I know it's not withdrawal. The spasm started after 4 days on xanax and never stopped. I have the jerks literally every single time I start fall asleep. Without meds up up literally all night. I made a mistake on googling the jerks and of course found forums where people said it was their first symptoms of MS and other forums where people were suffering this for yrs. I've spent so much time terrified that this is permanent that I can't function. I hope your right and it's just anxiety. My neurologist has me on a ton of meds now.

hi wanttobebetter. i had these tics and spasms months after i started taking benzo however it got worse during my withdrawal but right now it's getting better. what i'm trying to say is that these jerks you're experiencing don't necessarily have to happen during withdrawal. while taking the meds, we are already experiencing the side effects of it.