I know I can do this. (I think...) Clonazepam Taper

[...]

This is only the end of day three of my taper off of K. I found the abrupt jump from 3mg/day to 2 mg/day not bad at all. However, this morning I thought instead of taking 1 in the morning and 1 at night, I'd try just 0.5 in the morning and see what happens. By mid afternoon my body was telling me I was going off way too fast. I was just plain numb...no feelings good or bad about anything. I couldn't concentrate, felt dizzy and almost had an auto accident. So I took that other 0.5 mg of K and things leveled out pretty well. Maybe it's because I'm so early into this program, but I just get mad at myself...2nd guessing how I ever let myself get to this point. Does anyone else get these self-deprecating thoughts? >:(

I know it is not healthy, but I get those thoughts a lot. I remember to tell myself stuff like "it is what it is" "you can't unring the bell" then I tell my brain to "move on". I wish you great success on your journey.  Cross

This is only the end of day three of my taper off of K. I found the abrupt jump from 3mg/day to 2 mg/day not bad at all. However, this morning I thought instead of taking 1 in the morning and 1 at night, I'd try just 0.5 in the morning and see what happens. By mid afternoon my body was telling me I was going off way too fast. I was just plain numb...no feelings good or bad about anything. I couldn't concentrate, felt dizzy and almost had an auto accident. So I took that other 0.5 mg of K and things leveled out pretty well. Maybe it's because I'm so early into this program, but I just get mad at myself...2nd guessing how I ever let myself get to this point. Does anyone else get these self-deprecating thoughts? >:(

Wow. Only on the taper for 4 days and my body is really changing. I had no idea that the Clonazepam was fogging my mind so much. I am so "hyper" today I can't believe it, and it's not a good hyper. I fidget, pace, shaking a little and I'm just hoping the 1 mg I take tonight will settle things down so I can sleep. Sometimes my mind is crystal clear and other times I'm in the fog. The upside to this "hyper" is that I seem to be able to get more done and I'm not so tired or want to nap as in the past. I had one tense business call today and my normal reaction would have been to pop 1 mg but I was able to resist. Maybe I have been taking more K on certain days and didn't realize it. One day at a time...I have to keep that in my mind and not expect this taper to be easy.

Yes, Klonopin (Clonazepam) is a very powerful benzo.  One of the strongest, I think, along with Xanax.

I can sure believe that you would feel that one big cut that you made.

Hang-in there. You can do this, but I wouldn't recommend cutting too fast.

Day four of my taper from 3mg K to 2 mg K. Today was different but I'd say better than yesterday. I really had trouble getting to sleep, but I ended up sleeping from 2 a.m until 8 a.m plus a 30 minute nap before supper. No hyperactivity today. Just tired and my arms shake a little bit which could be from the Prednisone and Symbicort / Albuterol I'm taking for Asthma. My next cut is on Friday when I go to 1.5mg K  per day. I attended an Addiction Recovery group meeting tonight which does not allow any cross-talk, just a statement about yourself and your own problems. It helps having support from others...on this forum or in a group...any way you can manage.

Day five of my taper from 3mg K to 2 mg K. Today was about the same as yesterday. Again though, I really had trouble getting to sleep, but I ended up sleeping from 1 a.m until 5 a.m. It's really unusual for me to wake up early, so that is definitely something new. After reading for two hours I was able to sleep from 7 until 9, plus a 90 minute  nap before supper. I've really been a slug the past two days, but I'm just following what my body tells me to do. I'm grateful I have the luxury to sleep when I need to. My small business almost runs itself because I have a great technician working for me. No hyperactivity today. My arm shaking really bothers me. I had to sign some forms at the eye doctor yesterday and my signature was almost illegible.  To add to my stress, I found out I have cataracts in both eyes that can use surgery. The guideline the eye doctor gave me is: don't bother to get new glasses because my eye prescription has not changed in two years, and as a guide to WHEN I should have cataract surgery is determined when I no longer can tolerate the blurriness. (For  information...PREDNISONE exacerbates the progress of cataracts...and that is not good news for someone with asthma.)  My next cut is on Friday when I go to 1.5mg K  per day.

In reference to my cut to 1.75 K/day: Last night I began this new dosage and for some reason I was able to get to sleep faster than I have in months. I take 1 mg K in the morning and .75 mg in the evening. My side effects are headache like a band is being tightened around my forehead. It's tolerable, but I'm constantly aware that it's there. My other SX is the irritating shaking. The shaking when I started my taper was mainly in my arms, but now I'm beginning to feel it even in my shoulders. I tried pouring some cough medicine from big bottle into a small bottle for a trip I took. WHAT A JOKE. I absolutely could not do it without spilling 1/2 of the liquid. I finally had to find a small funnel in the kitchen. WILL THE SHAKING EVER END???? (Or is it something I'll have to live with even after I jump?) >:(