• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I’m grateful for this thread ☺️. This site has been a life saver for me however many of them posts can focus on negative things, it’s great to have a thread to focus on the positive!

I am grateful for my yoga studio and practice. Yoga and exercise have probably been the biggest saving grace for me through this crazy crazy journey. That yoga mat has carried me through the hardest time of my life and continues to do so. I will literally never get rid of that mat.

I am grateful for my resilient body (who would have thought the human body can endure so much pain and suffering and yet keep going!). I’ve learned that my body is my temple and I will never poison it again with the poison that are Benzos.

I am grateful for my family. I would literally not be on this planet today without their love and support.  support. Living alone through this has been extremely hard, and without the few family that I have that have came to spend the night with me, call me, text me messages of encouragement of support, opened their homes to me, helped me with my son, I promise you, I would not be alive today.

And I am SO GRATEFUL for all of you and this forum. While I’m so sad that anyone has to go through this hell, and would not wish it on anyone, I find peace and comfort in knowing there are others who have gone through this and made it out the other side!

I am grateful for the people posting on this thread...the ones who cling to hope and positivity, and who try to spread those qualities - no matter how hard things get.

I am grateful for my husband, who has saved my life by always believing in me, and by providing me with the love, space, and resources to heal. I am grateful for our babies, who shower me with cuddles and acceptance and hope for a better future.

I am grateful to Source for guiding me this far, to have a second chance at life, and to be off all medication.

Grateful for all the people who have supported me and loved me through this past year here at BB. Grateful for them tolerating me and lifting me up. Grateful for those who stuck by me and never judged me as a person, and for those who didn't stick by me for whatever their reasons I wish them well and good health.

Trish💞💞

• 2 weeks later...
I am grateful that I was able to sleep last night and that I was able to enjoy my first vacation with my son. Im having a really terrible horrible day today. but I jhave had a lot of good days since I jumped as well, so Im thankful for that too! It can always be better but it can definitely always be worse. Im alive!

• 4 weeks later...
I am so grateful for everyday that I wake up, whether good or bad. Also grateful for this awesome forum. I feel Blessed that I have a wonderful husband and son who are supportive of me. Grateful for the beautiful wildlife that surrounds me, and being out in the country. The beautiful sunsets, the rivers near me and just creation in general.

I am Grateful I found BB four years ago. The wonderful Friends I have made here, the laughs we have had amongst the tears, and ongoing support we give each other. I am Grateful that I decided to try a third taper and that I decided that I had to do it my way, long before I came to BB I knew that I would do this third and last one differently, I would not depend on a Doctor that rushed me and caused me to go down the rabbit hole twice...I have stayed my course and will be walking off in the near future.

I am Grateful for all that I have, even if it is little compared to most, I am Grateful that each day I wake up I am able to find one little thing to be Grateful for...the wind, the sun...I see wonder in everything. I see clearly that I made the best decisions concerning how I wanted to get off and have been Grateful....even when things were blippy. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

I am grateful I was able to spend time with all my kids this weekend. Grateful for the beautiful weather. Grateful we were able to go pick blueberries:)

• 2 months later...

I am grateful for my amazingly wonderful husband and daughter.  I am grateful for our beautiful houme in the middle of nature.  I am grateful for some recent excellent days of fun and activity. I now know in my heart of hearts that I will get off these benzos and be myself again! 

Grateful for all of you who inspire.

I am thankful for my husband who dragged me to the hospital cause he could see how badly I needed help. He has become my main caregiver and this whole experience has brought us closer than I ever thought we could be!  He is my best friend and encourager when I feel like I can't take another step! I am thankful for the team of doctors I see every week as well as a counselor there, to guide me and support me each week.  I am thankful for my other family members and friends who support me, listen to me, and who continue to try to put a smile on my face or to laugh again.  I am also so grateful for my dog, who I call Nurse Kylie.  When I am all alone during the day, she reminds me that I am not!  Coming to me for snuggles or an ear rub, forcing me some days to go outside to get fresh air when I just feel like curling up into a ball. I also really appreciate all the people here on BB who know what it is like to go through this!  I am thankful for their help, suggestions, ears when I need to vent and support when I need it!  Knowing I'm not alone in this very hard journey makes me want to continue to fight, because we all are!  Thank you everyone! ❤

• 1 year later...

Wanted to bring this thread back to the table again... made me smile to read through the posts. So much of tapering is peppered with strife, but gratitude always pulls me from a dark spot.

I am grateful for days where I can see glimmers of myself again, for my incredibly patient husband and a community of loyal and faithful friends who have allowed me to be real about my suffering and fears.

What are you grateful for? Let’s try to work on rebuilding these neuro pathways... where the mind goes, the body follows.... 💗

• 2 weeks later...
[18...]
I am grateful for my husband for still being here for me after going through the hell with me. Grateful for my family and friends that prays for me.  Also grateful that our bodies are made to heal from these poisons. Grateful that I am able to get rest and sleep while my brain continues to heal. Grateful for getting another chance even when I didn't think I would make it. I look back many months ago and see I've came a long way. Grateful that the waves don't last too long and that eventually my windows will open wide and let me through to the very end of this journey.

• 4 weeks later...

I am very grateful to be here, where I can read other humans re-learning to live!! Where I can feel supported and believe in my own healing as I read of others.

Overall I am grateful for my family and friends and pets. I am grateful for the relearning and rewiring of my brain that I am doing.

I am very grateful for my cozy beautiful home and my private peaceful yard.

Sending hugs out today.  :smitten:

I am greatful that even tho some days my symptoms are overwhelming that I can walk, go out in the community, care for my family. I know many buddies are unable to do these things so I am greatful I can.

I am greatful for my family, that they believe me even tho so many medical drs do not. To have their validation of what I am going through helps me stay strong.

And to have some of my health, and the possibility I may heal someday soon. I am greatful I have a chance at being well again. There are so many people with terminal illnesses that would give anything to have another chance at getting well. I must be greatful for the health I do have.

I am greatful to everyone here on the forum. For feeling apart of a community of people going thru the same things as me helps so much. Thanku

I am grateful that millimeter by millimeter, folks gain ground on benzo wd and find their way back to health. I'm grateful that most of the time I don't even think about it anymore.

During the whole covid-19 mess I've become very grateful for a computer, video calls, and friends who are willing to walk and hike in most kinds of weather (but heat, heat sux).

I'm grateful for each of you who are choosing to look for what you can be grateful for even though you're struggling :smitten: :smitten:

Congrats on beating covid.  :smitten: :smitten:

I'm grateful that the sun came partially out and I got in my car and drove my dog and I out to a remote park along the river to walk and BE in nature.