Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

I am grateful to our creator for giving me a helping hand to get out and walk thought the woods again today, I really thought my butt was going to have stayed put today as my sxs are heightening couldn't have done without help from unseen love. Thank you Amen!!!  :)

And I am also grateful I am able to food shop on line otherwise I would die as I can't go shopping or carry the bags, and I am grateful that today the delivery guy took over the unpacking when he could see it was too much for me to keep trying to do it :D  And I am also grateful to you MTfan for starting this thread :hug:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Nova. I'm grateful for all of you coming here and posting. Isn't on-line ordering a blessing?! I'd be screwed without it.

I probably say this a lot but I'm profoundly thankful to not be going through this nightmare alone. It's so baffling, maddening and isolating that having others share their experience and pierce the isolation is like the sun breaking through dark clouds. It may still rain, even thunder and lighting, but it's not all dark :smitten: :smitten:

I gotta jump in here.  I have so much to be grateful for - but it's a hard day.  I saw this thread and hope I can chip in and feel better myself and make something positive out of this before I log off.

I've made lots of progress but when I still feel bad, I've got to remember that I'm just happy to be alive and be here.  I was lucky.  I'm also very happy for this group to be able to log on and read and post so I don't feel alone.  It's a huge benefit and I'm very thankful for everyone.    :smitten:

One year, welcome. This is a good place.

Nova, I'm with you. There's been a whole lot lately of being thankful for getting through...another work day, another night, another day...and so on. Survival, in wd, is a huge blessing and accomplishment.

What a nice idea for a thread.  Good relief from anxiety and battle fatigue.

....I am so grateful for.....

....My daughter who I fortunate to see almost every day..♡

....My adorable grandsons who fill my heart with love

.....My amazing BB friends over on the 12-18 thread who get me through one more day...every day

...Wishing every one big sunbreaks.....cooperten

It seems for many of us being grateful for each day we get through is a big thing. We are fighters and survivors so every hour, afternoon, day, week, and so on we muddle through is a victory. I'm so thankful we don't have to do this alone. I did it alone my first time and it was awful.

I'm grateful I wasn't so sick today. I was able to enjoy parts of the day. I went to sunday school and was able to get some exercise. Now I'm trying to settle in for some relaxing TV then reading. It's a night I don't expect to sleep so I try to save enjoyable things to do so that night time is still a peaceful time even without sleep. I'm grateful for every minute I get of sleep...and that each of you get.

I am grateful I got out for a walk this morning and saw the darling Ducklings take their first swim on the local lake and that I have eaten really good healthy food, and that I'm able to type this post as typing is the pits when we're in pain  :D And now I'm going to get of my butt away from this PC and do something else to be grateful for :laugh:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Great things to be thankful for Vasilisa and gardener. Our brains are pretty amazing to be healing. A mindfulness group is a wonderful idea. Sounds like a cool psychiatrist.

I'm thankful for the time I'm getting with my very dear college friend (we've been friends for over 30 years but live in different states) and some days off of work for the visit.

Thanks, Gardener. It feels like we pick up right where we left and like we could talk for weeks on end. I have all males in my family so it's nice to be around some female energy with her and her daughters. I'm so thankful that I'm well enough to be here. I don't feel real great but it's not as bad as it's been.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. There is beauty, stillness, meaning and joy even in the midst of our wd storm. As it says in the Desiderata, "For all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world." If we look for it we can add to the beauty.

I like marking 3 things a day that I feel grateful to as well, Gardener:

-I'm thankful I was able to go see Tomorrowland with my friend yesterday.

-I'm thankful I don't have a headache today.

-I'm thankful that even though I didn't get any sleep last night I mostly feel OK.

Keep looking for those blessings!

Looking good, MT!

My three today are:

1. Sunshine for the Art Fair today! My daughter is taking me and can drop me at the entrance so I don't have to walk so far.

2. My very old washer and dryer are still working and have loads of sheets and clothes in them right now. No trips to the laundromat for me!

3. This cool weather gives me chance to enjoy my beloved ginger tea with honey one more time before the summer heat sets in. It's sitting on my mug warmer so I can sip it all day.

:)

P.S. There goes my timer to remind me it's time for a dose of Xanax and I feel much less awful than I did yesterday at dose time.

Hooray, Gardener. I'm glad you feel less awful today. I'm feeling pretty rotten and miserable today but I'm thankful that I have no responsibilities for the next couple of days.

I'm thankful that the weather in Atlanta hasn't been terribly hot--it usually is this time of year and heat just wipes me out. I'm also incredibly thankful that my friend can be understanding and supportive with all of this crud I'm going through.

1. Even though I was zoned out most of the day from a sleeping pill (that resulted in more zoning than sleeping), I still got out for my walk today!!  :)

2. My daughter made me a healthy supper and brought it to me when I keeled over after my walk.  :D

3. My son started his higher level summer math class today and has come home apparently unscathed.  ;)

Gardener I'm familiar with that zoning instead of sleeping. That's what happens now the nights I take seroquel plus trazodone but it feels better than being WIDE awake the whole time. Zero sleep last night for me but I'm trying to keep plugging forward.

Surviving math class is a good thing. I hope it keeps going well and that your daughter keeps cooking.

I'm thankful I'll be seeing my husband and son soon, that I had such a good visit with my friend and that everything has gone smoothly with my travel.

Gardener, yikes with your son drifting off. Nice save! Today you can be thankful you're both alive.

I flew to Atlanta and back. I'm so thankful for the precious time with my friend. We were both able to support each other.

Today I'm also thankful that a meeting was delayed and that work went really well.

Gardener, good move doing some cooking ahead. Boy, do I know what you mean about a kid doing something without asking! My 27 y/o son has moved back home for a month or two and can be pretty clueless about helping, not to mention being slobby :tickedoff:

Today I'm thankful for having my 2nd feeling good day in over 2 years, for my thinking being clear, and that my mortgage finally closed. Hooray!

P.S. MT, could it really be that nobody else on BB (except you and me) is grateful for anything? 

::)  :laugh:

I think for most people it feels so far from where they are emotionally. I view the gratitude thing as a life preserver while in this incredibly stormy sea. If all I do is try to stay afloat without the assistance of any skills or practices (like gratitude) I'm more likely to sink. Gratitude makes me look for what is hard to see and gives me a lift. It also helps me connect with nice people like you and the others who've come on here :smitten:

I resonated with what you said here: "Spent today helping my daughter to get ready to leave tomorrow for a summer doing an inner city internship in Milwaukee. I'm happy/sad/nervous about her going there." Isn't that just the way of parenting that we can feel all of those things simultaneously? My two kids flew to freaking Columbia today. I'm happy/excited/terrified for them. One moved across the country and the other will soon to be closer together in an area that is great for their respective fields and I'm happy/sad/nervous. But I may not be very good at feeling one thing at a time :laugh:

Great thread MTfan, I just found it!  Thanks!!  Wanted to mark my place.  I will be back to do some gratitude posts :)

Stay strong!

Sharkey

Welcome, Sharkey. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Gardener, I hope you got some sleep last night. My kids went to Colombia for the destination wedding of a friend of theirs. I think it will be great if they can avoid being kidnapped. Guess who watches too much news :laugh:

I'm grateful today that they think they know why I've been getting these spontaneous swollen black eyes that make me look like I've been punched. My blessed allergies have caused my tear duct to have a blockage. So now I get to do steroid/antibiotic drops but at least I'll stop looking like a not so prize boxer!

Gardener, I've always been a news junkie and devoured information but through all of this much of that has lapsed. I get distracted during the news and skim, or even skip, those items I find too boring, distressing, or complicated. So sometimes a fast from news is a great idea. I'm glad your taper is going better. Has your daughter been at college before or is this the beginning?

My three things for today:

-My kids let me know they arrived safe and sound. Yay!

-I'm not as nauseated today.

-Other than a couple hours of paperwork I can chill today.

I'm grateful for:

1. Got to spend the whole weekend with my son, wife, and dad

2. It's a peaceful, beautiful day by the river

3. My soar throat feels much better today

Hi grateful ones. It's good to hear that you have some positive things going on in your lives. Very encouraging.

Today I'm grateful for:

--Being able to wash the sheets, clean up and shave, and hold down lunch.

--That this late afternoon I feel a bit less sick than earlier today.

--That I have a comfortable place to hang out until I feel I can leave the house (tomorrow hopefully)

Great gratitudes, Sharkey and Garndener. I'm glad the nerve pain is better today G. I hope the trend continues and that you get great sleep tonight.

I was able to get some sleep last night with meds and feel so much better today. I feel like I want to live again and, as Martha Stewart would say, "That's a good thing."  ;) So i'm grateful for the respite and being able to focus at work as well as the quality time my friend spent with me yesterday on the phone.

Hey MTFan and Gardner!

Today I am grateful for:

1.  I am 3/4 of the way through my titration schedule, which mean I have 25 more days of tapering!

2.  I get to get make in the gym tomorrow and I'm very happy about that

3.  Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be slow and work

Night you guys!

sharkey

Gardener, I'd love to hear more about the program and about your experiences when you get back. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

Sharkey, you're getting close. Keep trucking :thumbsup: