Author Topic: Gratitude Support Group  (Read 64939 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Gratitude Suppor Group
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 01:03:45 am »
I found this on a site about the present moment: "Every moment is enormous, and it is all we have. Our life is a path of learning to wake up before we die."
Natalie Goldberg in Long Quiet Highway

It seems we're all talking about benzo wd helping us wake up before we die, to right now. So maybe there are some brutal times that we wake up to but at least we're AWAKE and present. OK, not constantly because sometimes I just need to zone out and be distracted, but we're freeing ourselves from the fog of benzos.

I'm grateful that the Game of Thrones is back tonight! Oh I've missed all of them.

I'm also grateful for the beautiful day and being able to get out in it despite the fatigue.

Does anyone know how to fix the support group so it says "Support" instead of "Suppor?" Unless, maybe we want to go with the French pronunciation like Stephen Colbert and we could be the "Gratitude Suh-pore group" :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 12:15:55 pm »
I dont know how to fix it, but I thought you meant Supper!  :laugh:
I love the quote you posted. Im sending it to my college kid. I send him quotes alot, and he also sends me quotes.
Im thankful he's no longer a surly, scowly teen, and turned into a polite, wonderful man!  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 02:26:23 pm »
I am grateful for many things, but right  here and now in this moment I am grateful for being grateful. :)

[...] xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 03:03:28 pm »
That's a good one, [...]. It's a blessing of sorts to be able to think of things to be thankful for. Monday often freak me out because I have a lot to do but here's how I go through it, saying these things in my head, "Thank you for helping me leave the house, thank you for helping food shop, thank you for getting me home, thank you for helping me put the groceries away..." and on and on. You could express the same thing with, "I'm grateful for being able to leave the house" and so on.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 12:08:15 am »
Great quote! It is an awakening of sorts, albeit a rude one! It seems the universe has a way of slamming you over the head when you don't get the hint at first.

I love game of thrones. It was a big sign for me that I was getting better when I could watch it. I couldn't watch any violence during my taper and some months after. I have to watch it tonight on the chrome cast so no spoilers!

Today I'm grateful for restful sleep, not being at work till Wed. [...], and wild fresh jumbo prawns. Yum.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 11:18:29 am »
I am grateful to our creator for giving me a helping hand to get out and walk thought the woods again today, I really thought my butt was going to have stayed put today as my sxs are heightening couldn't have done without help from unseen love. Thank you Amen!!!  :)

And I am also grateful I am able to food shop on line otherwise I would die as I can't go shopping or carry the bags, and I am grateful that today the delivery guy took over the unpacking when he could see it was too much for me to keep trying to do it :D  And I am also grateful to you [...] for starting this thread :hug:

[...] xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 02:42:52 pm »
Thanks, [...]. I'm grateful for all of you coming here and posting. Isn't on-line ordering a blessing?! I'd be screwed without it.

I probably say this a lot but I'm profoundly thankful to not be going through this nightmare alone. It's so baffling, maddening and isolating that having others share their experience and pierce the isolation is like the sun breaking through dark clouds. It may still rain, even thunder and lighting, but it's not all dark :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:37 pm »
I am grateful for getting through another day :)

[...] xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 09:48:41 pm »
I gotta jump in here.  I have so much to be grateful for - but it's a hard day.  I saw this thread and [...] I can chip in and feel better myself and make something positive out of this before I log off.

I've made lots of progress but when I still feel bad, I've got to remember that I'm just happy to be alive and be here.  I was lucky.  I'm also very happy for this group to be able to log on and read and post so I don't feel alone.  It's a huge benefit and I'm very thankful for everyone.    :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 09:52:46 pm »
[...], welcome. This is a good place.

[...], I'm with you. There's been a whole lot lately of being thankful for getting through...another work day, another [...], another day...and so on. Survival, in wd, is a huge blessing and accomplishment.