Author Topic: Gratitude Support Group  (Read 64941 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Gratitude Suppor Group
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 05:53:34 pm »
Haha! I'm so thankful you said "suckatude". That's awesome.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 06:08:00 pm »
I just watched Madonna's "Ghost Town". I loved it! She is stunning, still.  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 06:31:28 pm »
I have a story for this thread.

Last [...] one of our clients (I work at a care home for schizophrenics) told me he was feeling like his life has been a failure. I gave him my spiel about how accomplishments and attaining monetary wealth don't necessarily equate to success in life. And that being able to live in the present and be happy with what that is, is success. Then I gave him concrete examples of how he's done that in his own life. After our chat, he thanked me and told me I really helped him and he was sincere. There's no better feeling that I can think of, knowing I helped him. I'm thankful for that feeling.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 06:41:40 pm »
That's what life is all about Wonder;D

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 08:18:43 pm »
That's what life is all about Wonder;D
it's taken me 37 years to learn that one!  :idiot:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 08:29:15 pm »
That's so true, Wonder. It feels good to help someone and get the heck out of our own heads. Having a sense of meaning and purpose is powerful. It reminds me of this Hillel quote: "If I am not for myself who is for me? If I'm only for myself, what am I. If not now when?"

I'm thankful for a miniwindow but also for the many lessons that w/d is teaching me about patience, compassion, grace and love for others and self. I fail a lot but I've learned a lot about getting back up when I fall. We all are learning that one :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 08:59:12 pm »
That's so true, Wonder. It feels good to help someone and get the heck out of our own heads. Having a sense of meaning and purpose is powerful. It reminds me of this Hillel quote: "If I am not for myself who is for me? If I'm only for myself, what am I. If not now when?"

I'm thankful for a miniwindow but also for the many lessons that w/d is teaching me about patience, compassion, grace and love for others and self. I fail a lot but I've learned a lot about getting back up when I fall. We all are learning that one :smitten:

Yes! Could not have said it better myself. So thankful for those lessons.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 01:41:18 am »
I have a story for this thread.

Last [...] one of our clients (I work at a care home for schizophrenics) told me he was feeling like his life has been a failure. I gave him my spiel about how accomplishments and attaining monetary wealth don't necessarily equate to success in life. And that being able to live in the present and be happy with what that is, is success. Then I gave him concrete examples of how he's done that in his own life. After our chat, he thanked me and told me I really helped him and he was sincere. There's no better feeling that I can think of, knowing I helped him. I'm thankful for that feeling.

Before my benzo ordeal, all I was about was accomplishments and attaining wealth.  This ordeal has opened my eyes immensely.  Well said [...].

All I was about was work and self image and constantly saving money and going on no vacations.  I've learned so much from this ordeal.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:55:29 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 04:43:40 pm »
[...] - It's amazing how many ways we [...] to avoid living in the present. Work can be one of them if we let it get out of control. I'm glad you've gotten this lesson. There are many good things to come of this experience I think.

I'm so thankful I found surfing as a way to be in the present.
I'm also thankful for my beautiful 4 year old niece.
Last, I'm thankful for this board. Truly saved me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 05:04:16 pm »
[...] - It's amazing how many ways we [...] to avoid living in the present. Work can be one of them if we let it get out of control. I'm glad you've gotten this lesson. There are many good things to come of this experience I think.

I'm so thankful I found surfing as a way to be in the present.
I'm also thankful for my beautiful 4 year old niece.
Last, I'm thankful for this board. Truly saved me.

It was all about saving money and retiring early.  This will now change to living in the present, surviving this and enjoying every window I get.  Once healed I'll be looking at life from whole new perspective.