Please share your Trazadone experiences.

[Me...]

Greetings,

I have a bottle of Trazodone prescribed for sleep, but due to my history with psychiatric medications, I am quite hesitant. I am open to advice, but more than anything I would like to hear your experiences with it.

I am currently at an unstable dose of 0.25 Clonazepam, and will likely not start a cut for a month or so. I am very sleep deprived, and it is starting to scare the ____ out me.

Has anyone taken it during a taper, when they felt unstable? What was that experience like? Has anyone taken it just once in a while on those nights they felt like they couldn't sleep?

Please share any experiences with Trazodone.

Thank you very much.

I didn't try it during a taper but I took it after I C/T valium and ambien around month 2 and month 4 out in short intervals (a week or two each).

It worked very fell for sleep but came with its side effects. I gained weight quick while on it (like a few pounds a week) and to me that was not worth staying on it. Keep in mind too that this medication is an SSRI and will eventually have to be tapered off of as well at some point.

Have you tried unisom? Taking a few of those should help knock you out.

Trazadone worked the first night and then after that made me very restless, like full body RLS almost...Remeron works great for me though, although I'm currently taking nothing....Proof that everyone is different. If you haven't tried it already look into over the counter Unisom with the ingredient Doxylamine Succinate....Not a psych med and knocked me out just fine. Only use the AD if the Unisom doesn't work....This is what it looks like http://images2.ddccdn.com/otc/108088/unisom-sleeptabs-01.jpg

Thank you for your replies. Does anyone else want to share their experience with Trazadone? I'm restless again, and yet I am too scared to try it. How did it make you feel the first day after taking it for sleep?

i am currently on trazodone and seroquel and it does help me sleep. But i have to start my taper, so don't know how this will turn out

I am tapering off Traz right now. Took 100mg nightly for 6 weeks or so, just cut down to 87.5 mg last night. Honestly, it works amazingly well for me. I do have side effects of an occasional dizzy feeling during the day, slightly blurry vision, and an unfortunate sexual sx that most SSRI's cause. But, sleep was so key for me to function, that the sx are worth it for me. Obviously, I want to be off of it ASAP, but willing to taper slowly to avoid more insomnia. Best wishes on whatever you decide! :)

I took 100 mg for the first time the other night. It helped me sleep in a huge way. I didn't wake up once (this never happens). However, I was groggy the next day and it seemed to bring back all of my sx. Prior to that I was doing really well. I am not sure if it was just my time for a wave or if it was the trazadone but I'm erring on the cautious side and probably will not take it again.

How long would the trazodone withdrawal sx last? I'm went to 40 mgs from 50 mgs and have had less sleep the last three nights. Would it stabilize or should i just keep tapering regardless?

I've been on 300 mg Traz and 200 mg seroquel for months now. Both do wonders for my sleep but I give you fair warning: for many, seroquel is a very difficult drug to taper from. For the first few weeks I woke up with major league hangovers, despite the sleep I was getting. But I stuck it out and then no more hangovers. Seroquel is more likely to cause sedation that Trazodone. The reason I use both is because Trazodone is designed to make you stay asleep but not fall asleep, while Seroquel does the opposite. Any less amount I took didn't work.

Bets