Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Benzo Class Action Lawsuit via Facebook Group

[Jo...]

I hope this is ok. I have joined a Benzodiazepine Benzo Class Action Lawsuit Group in Facebook. If you'd like to help just do a search in Facebook for Benzodiazepine Benzo Class Action Lawsuit

Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [by...]

• [be...]

• [Ms...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Please join this FB group.  The admins of this group are doing a terrific job and moving full force.  They are lining up lawyers and now have an Ex Pharma Sales Rep whistleblower on board. (a victim herself)

Benzodiazepine Benzo Class Action Lawsuit

Does anyone know if this is going to be a standard whistleblower suit, or one with us as plaintiffs?

The prescribing info from the manufacturer states they are highly addictive and should only be used short term.

That protects the Pharma Companies.

What many people do not know is that in the US

A Doctor can Legally Prescribe ANY Drug for ANY use -- this is called off label -- and they have complete discretion regarding how long to continue administering any drug

Your DOCTOR kept writing your script, even though the drug company literature says benzos are for short term treatment only.

"once a drug has been approved for sale for one purpose, physicians are free to prescribe it for any other purpose that in their professional judgment is both safe and effective, and are not limited to official, FDA-approved indications"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-label_use

Benzodiazepines are in the World Health Organization's list of essential medicines that are absolutely necessary to have a functional medical system.

Can some one please post an explanation about  Facebook Benzodiazepine Benzo Class Action Lawsuit, and what it entails and whats happening with it now please? I closed my FB account down a couple of year's ago and don't want to activate it until I understand more about this group and what we need to do individually within it.

Thanks Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

The prescribing info from the manufacturer states they are highly addictive and should only be used short term.

A Doctor can Legally Prescribe ANY Drug for ANY use -- this is called off label -- and they have complete discretion regarding how long to continue administering any drug

Your DOCTOR kept writing your script, even though the drug company literature says benzos are for short term treatment only.

"once a drug has been approved for sale for one purpose, physicians are free to prescribe it for any other purpose that in their professional judgment is both safe and effective, and are not limited to official, FDA-approved indications"

Benzodiazepines are in the World Health Organization's list of essential medicines that are absolutely necessary to have a functional medical system.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When did this start? I wonder if it was in the info back in the mid 90s.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm not in USA ;):thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can some one please post an explanation about  Facebook Benzodiazepine Benzo Class Action Lawsuit, and what it entails and whats happening with it now please? I closed my FB account down a couple of year's ago and don't want to activate it until I understand more about this group and what we need to do individually within it.

So is anyone able to provide the info I requested please  ???

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova, there isn't much to explain.....its an American group ....

trying to file a case; people from UK are there too , I think

I'm the only continental one.

Lots of interesting info and comments....its at the start.....

will take some time to get results....but its a good thing....

You will have to open a new account on FB.... :smitten:

Thanks Morreweg  :hug:, there's no need for me to open a new FB account just reactivate the old one as FB NEVER get rid of your details, they keep them indefinitely  >:( People have tested this out year's after 'deactivating' the accounts for good only to find its still active, and FB 'own'' the copy right to all your info and can use it in anyway they want and you can't do squat legally.  :o Thats why I shut mine down and am not really happy to have to reactivate it unless this class law suit is really going to be of help.

Nova XXX  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Morreweg  :hug:, there's no need for me to open a new FB account just reactivate the old one as FB NEVER get rid of your details, they keep them indefinitely  >:( People have tested this out year's after 'deactivating' the accounts for good only to find its still active, and FB 'own'' the copy right to all your info and can use it in anyway they want and you can't do squat legally.  :o Thats why I shut mine down and am not really happy to have to reactivate it unless this class law suit is really going to be of help.

Nova XXX  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I understand........I doubt if UK people or Europeans will

stand a chance to be part of it, we'll see. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I joined

Where to in the world are you from MG, if you don't mind me asking.

Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I saw that on Facebook a while ago, but decided not to join. Pharma is protected by their label and doctors are one big fan club and never rat on each other. Mostly, juries will think we are just a bunch of drug addicts looking for more money to buy even more drugs. Big time lawyers will dig into your personal lives and you won't believe what they find. I have seen lawyers from large companies find out personal info that even you didn't realize you had. Highly paid corp. lawyers are clutching at the prospect of such a trial. Also, so-called friends will turn on you. They are paid to do so. They want the money more than the friendship.  The lawyers/investigators will find them, believe me on that one. I have seen this first hand.

I saw that on Facebook a while ago, but decided not to join. Pharma is protected by their label and doctors are one big fan club and never rat on each other. Mostly, juries will think we are just a bunch of drug addicts looking for more money to buy even more drugs. Big time lawyers will dig into your personal lives and you won't believe what they find. I have seen lawyers from large companies find out personal info that even you didn't realize you had. Highly paid corp. lawyers are clutching at the prospect of such a trial. Also, so-called friends will turn on you. They are paid to do so. They want the money more than the friendship.  The lawyers/investigators will find them, believe me on that one. I have seen this first hand.

How come I go this strange feeling you are so right Betsy ? :smitten:

cause it makes sense.

However, I still believe everyone should join. If there are hundred thousands

of people in one class action law suit ...there might me a tiny chance.

Getting Robert Whitaker, Peter Gotzsche, Breggin etc. on board....

I know two P-docs on FB...who fought against the system and lost their

career.......yep, its true ! >:(

Its a shame Ashton is in her eighties and not of good health , she could

play an important part.....so does Colin come to think of it.

Just imagine if a court would acknowledge this Forum...there would be an

out cry.....or not ?  :-\:)

I can't believe after what happened to Elvis, Michael Jackson and many more...

that noone gives a fart about this tragedy....doesn't make sense. :crazy:

p.s. Hey, not to forget the whistleblowers ? but I suppose they would want

money....money..... bloody money.... :P:(>:(

The big "get" would be a whistleblower. If it can be shown that they knew of the problems, maybe even deaths, but continued to push the drugs and cover up the problems, all in the interest of billions of dollars, we have a shot. Pharma will start settling quietly and out of court to minimize publicity.

What's also absolutely critical is to separate the abusers from those of us who just followed our doctors orders. Not to minimize the damage done to abusers - it's a catastrophe all around. But if Pharma can paint us as simple drug addicts, we'll get little sympathy, and no settlement.