Love for my children, pulled me through.

[ec...]

Wow, I haven't been here in a while so I don't know if I'm remembered by anyone,but that doesn't matter . I just wanted to drop by to offer hope. I CT off 1mg of Ativan a day after only using it for about two months,and I experienced a hell that I have trouble describing or maybe it's just too painful,but I'm sure most of you here know. I just want to let all of you who are in the nightmare that I was in less than a year ago,you will heal. I am 2 1/2 years out and I have healed in ways that I didn't believe would happen. I feel like me again. I can feel love again,and that was my biggest fear back then because my emotions were so blunted that I could not feel. So I'm happy to say that all the love I had for my family is back. Take care of yourself,and feel free to ask me anything that will help you get through. Stay strong,and you will make it out.

Eckhart,

Seeing your post is reassuring. Thank you for returning to tell of of your good health. I remember how ill you were....knowing you have fully recovered is inspiring! So happy for you Eckhart. Enjoy every moment of your hard earned new life!

With gratitude,

Carita

Thank you for taking the time to come back and repeat what we all need to keep hearing, that we will, eventually heal!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I went CT off 1mg of Ativan as well 2 months ago. I had been taking it for several months every day and before that a couple years as needed, but not everyday. I'm into my 3rd month now and so grateful I made it through that WD. It is truly the grace of God as I see it. I prayed my whole way thru that!  :angel:

I too so understand about the horrific WD. I can't even really process it all yet, it was incredibly intense and scary.

I know healing happens day by day and I am seeing improvement. The anxiety is what bothers me the most, because that always flares everything up, so I am working very hard on staying calm and telling myself, my CNS and brain are healing and this is just part of the deal. Thank you so much and anything more you could share would so encourage me.  :smitten:

Wow, I haven't been here in a while so I don't know if I'm remembered by anyone,but that doesn't matter . I just wanted to drop by to offer hope. I CT off 1mg of Ativan a day after only using it for about two months,and I experienced a hell that I have trouble describing or maybe it's just too painful,but I'm sure most of you here know. I just want to let all of you who are in the nightmare that I was in less than a year ago,you will heal. I am 2 1/2 years out and I have healed in ways that I didn't believe would happen. I feel like me again. I can feel love again,and that was my biggest fear back then because my emotions were so blunted that I could not feel. So I'm happy to say that all the love I had for my family is back. Take care of yourself,and feel free to ask me anything that will help you get through. Stay strong,and you will make it out.

CONGRATULATIONS :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

so happy for you!!!! :smitten:

hey i remember you when i was under ST member name back in 2013 fall

in my 1st CT,,,,

you told me something that i still remember and learned my lesson:

words are very powerful!!!!!

i didn't know back then , so didn't believe in my recovery

with all signs (huge long windows 2 months off)

well i kinda f***ked it huge....

never mind , I'm not the only one who DIDNT TAKE A GOOD ADVISE......

my loss, my lesson, my mistakes....

Great story? Question? Did you tell your kids about the Ativan, w/d, etc?

I have 14, 16 and 23 YO kids - wondering what to tell.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your story.

Went back and skimmed your posts for further inspiration.

I am recovering from Ativan too, a very powerful drug.

Day-117 here and walking home thirty seconds at a time.  :thumbsup:

Qui Bob John,I didn't tell them everything,because I did not want to  freighten them, it's just so much you can make people who have not experienced this understand,but they knew I was sick,and they had to make adjustments. I had to fight for them.

SlogAns59,yes Ativan and all benzos are very powerful and dangerous drugs.I try to come back periodically because I truely believe this place saved me,and I use to read the success stories all day just to keep hope a live.

I remember you!! Wow, congrats! Some amazing success stories on here today!

Enjoy life & all that it has to offer!

That German pilot that flew his passengers into a mountain had Ativan in his apartment. Not sure if he was taking it, or stopped and was maybe in withdrawal, but it was prescribed for anxiety according to the press.

Press has commented on how strong it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I would love to know how long it took you to feel back to yourself and fully healed? I'm at almost eight months out - took Ativan short term. Looking for hope! I know we each heal at our body's own pace but it would help me to know. I am having a very hard time believing this will ever end. I felt like I was in acute withdrawal for six months straight. Am starting to have better moments, but no symptom-free days. Thank you so much for your hopeful story! God bless you and your family!!  :smitten:

HI Eckhart!

So NICE to read another success story! I remember you during my struggle. It was almost the same time frame of healing for me from short term use. I am thrilled you are WELL AGAIN!

It was love for my Child that pulled me through too.....and BB!

Take CARE!  :smitten:

• 3 years later...