Just feeling blah and physical coming up

[Su...]

I'm 12 weeks from jumping and although I don't feel I've been having the typical waxing and waning that many talk of here...I just plain don't feel healthy.  Sleep is still something I struggle with and sleep a max of 2 hours at a time and keep waking up and having trouble going back to sleep.  I suppose this is a blessing since the first week of W/D gave me no sleep at all.  It was horrid. 

The first two months were definitely harder with more of the crazy usual symptoms.  But now...I don't even know how I would explain it.  I have no energy, I'm so tired I can't see straight, and I'm just trying to stay distracted so time passes faster. 

I have my yearly physical tomorrow and do not plan to tell my doctor that I'm in W/D since she told me I would never have trouble getting off such a low dose  (.50 of Xanax isn't all that low I'm hearing.)  So battling with her tomorrow is not what I want to do.  But I'm wondering if there are any other tests that W/D patients try to push for other than your usual blood work when a physical is coming.  Is there something that should be monitored even if I'm not telling her why?  I don't want to discuss symptoms of W/D from her since she would have me seeing every kind of doctor out there and I DO know what is causing all this crap.  Really just want to know from those of you more experienced, what testing may be beneficial since I don't plan to go back to any doctors until my physical next year.  So should do all I can now. 

BP and heart rate should both be checked, but she'll do that routinely anyway.  A full blood panel should show any vitamin/mineral deficiencies.  I just had a PM from another member who said he had a saliva test which showed very low melatonin levels.  Magnesium levels may be low, too. 

I didn't have a lot of ups and downs in my recovery either.  Just a very slow crawl towards feeling better.  Once I felt good again, then I had a few obvious waves here and there.

What you describe all sounds about right to me.  I tapered Xanax, too.

Just a little bit ahead of you.

Its like being a dead zombie sometimes.

Heard a lot of people talk about month four.

Focusing on complex task wears me out pretty fast.

The only test I heard people talk about was for vitamin-D.

Hang in there

BP and heart rate should both be checked, but she'll do that routinely anyway.  A full blood panel should show any vitamin/mineral deficiencies.  I just had a PM from another member who said he had a saliva test which showed very low melatonin levels.  Magnesium levels may be low, too. 

I didn't have a lot of ups and downs in my recovery either.  Just a very slow crawl towards feeling better.  Once I felt good again, then I had a few obvious waves here and there.

What you describe all sounds about right to me.  I tapered Xanax, too.

Actually I have a blood pressure cuff at home since my blood pressure had been going pretty high while I was on the Xanax, although I would never relate it to that.  BUT it has dropped back down this last month so wondering if for some reason, some of the symptoms were from BEING on the Xanax.  But yes, I know they will be checking blood pressure and pulse.  And I know she runs a bunch of blood work but it sounds like most will be routine and fit in to those you mention.  I was more concerned if there was something out of the ordinary that I should be mentioning.  I see her in 3 hours, so will just see how it goes.

And although I'm sorry you had to go through this, I'm really kind of glad to hear that you too did the slow crawl to getting better vs all these highs and lows.  When doing this slow crawl, did you get better so gradually that you just realized one day that you weren't as sick as you once were, or is there still a defining point that you know you are out of the woods? 

Just a little bit ahead of you.

Its like being a dead zombie sometimes.

Heard a lot of people talk about month four.

Focusing on complex task wears me out pretty fast.

The only test I heard people talk about was for vitamin-D.

Hang in there

Yes, "dead zombie" pretty well sums it up.  I know my doctor runs routine Vitamin D since last year she told me it was low and gave me a Vit D prescription.  So I know she will be checking it to see how it is this time too.  Thanks for your help and hope you can get out of zombiehood quickly.  It's no fun.