gluten free for one month and now I can't sleep!

[...]

For most of my withdrawal experience my sleep has been ok, not good, but good enough. I have been doing everything that I know to help me sleep and it has paid off pretty well until I went gluten free. The first couple weeks  I went gluten free I felt much better with my symptoms, less anxiety, less depression, more emotions. I was excited and eager to continue. I became MUCH better about reading food labels  in the next two weeks and I honestly think almost no gluten is in my diet now. Unfortunately, now my symptoms are much , much worse and my sleep is horrible. I feel awful again, but now I have to go to work and function. Has anyone out there had this happen when they cut out gluten, if so , how long did it last for you?

If you eat gluten-free you have to make sure you are getting enough selenium (which is found in a lot of breads, cereals, etc.)  Selenium deficiency can cause sleep disturbances.  Brazil nuts have a lot of selenium and I eat a couple every day.

I'd personally see this as a sign that you are going through a detox of sort. possibly this is a good sign. I would keep it up for another few weeks. When I go off sugar, I can't sleep at all. I've never been able to persevere past a few weeks as I become suicidal due to sleep deprivation but I know if I could carry on I would probably come out the other side.

x