I need a titration schedule please

[bi...]

Hello all I am wanting to do water titration from 0.5mg Clonazepam I

have a 250mg graduated cylinder i will be doing an average taper please

can someone send me a titration schedule  thanks

K has very poor solubility in plain water.  If you are skilled enough you may be able to make it work by suspending it, mixing it, and quickly removing it, but most here stay away from the plain water method and use whole fat milk instead.

Hi Bigelephant,

I am doing a water titration and am also using a 250 ml graduated cylinder.  I am using the method and titration schedule from the following website: http://www.benzosupport.org/water_titraion_equipement.htm.  They have a PowerPoint presentation that explains the technique and they also have an Excel spreadsheet that you can download.  For the spreadsheet, all you do is input the starting date, mg of K you are starting from and the ml of water that you want to use as an increment.  The spreadsheet automatically calculates the ml of water you toss and drink every day and converts the ml to mg so you know exactly how much K you are drinking.  Let me know if you have any questions about the technique or the spreadsheet.

Hi Ben,

I see you are still holding with the .003 cut. I am as well,but it seems to have been a little topsy-turvy for me. 2-3 good days,then a bad day. The insomnia has been creeping in a little bit also. Have you had any bumps in the road?

Hi Ben,

I see you are still holding with the .003 cut. I am as well,but it seems to have been a little topsy-turvy for me. 2-3 good days,then a bad day. The insomnia has been creeping in a little bit also. Have you had any bumps in the road?

Hi Tryinhard,

So far so good.  The only thing I have noticed is that my sleep seems to be lower quality on the nights when I take a 2 ml cut rather than a 1 ml cut.  The way I am measuring, I actually cut 0.002 mg one day and 0.004 mg the next.  It's not easy for me to measure 1/2 ml, so this is the solution I am using.  I hope my symptoms remain tolerable since this really does noticeably cut down the withdrawal time.  Good luck with your taper.  I hope the symptoms abate and you don't have too many more bumps in the road.

Glad to hear it. Now today I feel pretty good, because I slept good last night, it all hinges on my sleep for me. I noticed in your sig that you were originally taking your K dose at night for anxiety/insomnia. Is that how you are dosing, once a day? Any sleepless nights since beginning your taper?

Hi Tryinhard,

I am continuing to dose once a day at bedtime.  I have not felt much anxiety during the taper.  My sleep quality does seem to have been affected by the taper.  I often wake in the middle of the night normally around 2:00 - 3:00 AM.  I use insight meditation breathing techniques to get back to sleep.  That's effective about 75% of the time.  I generally feel better in the mornings and have less cog fog than when I was full dosing K, which normally produced a hang over effect that lasted much of the morning.  I have noticed an improvement in my cognitive ability, especially in the mornings, as the dosage has decreased with my taper. 

The reason I ask is because if my bouts of insomnia get worse as the dosage drops I was thinking of dosing once before bedtime to see if that helps. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that. One more thing; were you planning on increasing your cut since the .003 seems to be going well? If so, how long will you stay at the 003?

I think dosing before bedtime would help with insomnia.  That's the main reason I started and stayed with bedtime dosing.  I am not sure if I am going to make another run at 0.004 mg/day.  I will stay at 0.003 mg for at least a month before considering going any higher.  It's remarkable how much worse my symptoms are at 0.004 mg/day versus 0.003 mg/day. 

It's remarkable how much worse my symptoms are at 0.004 mg/day versus 0.003 mg/day.

Yep, I had trouble at .004 also, but I'm having another good day here today, so if the trend continues I am considering something in the middle, like .035. Another week or two here and then prolly going to give it a whirl.