You will succeed too!

[li...]

Saraa

The lack of understanding in the medical community on this issue is astounding. My 90 year old mom was put in the ER last night as she was really week and dehydrated -- what did the doctor on call do? -- CT her from benzos and gabapentin so she would be less larthargic. My mom has been on benzos for 40 years. Luckily I convinced a pharmacist at the hospital that was benzowise to keep her on as she is 90 and will probably be on it for the rest of her natural life. Can you believe this crap. Doctors know nothing! The pharmacist agreed with me.

Thanks for your kind words.

Life

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [li...]

• [La...]

• [Le...]

• [dr...]

life4me, I'm so glad you spoke up and did the right thing for your grandmother! Good for you....and good for her! Seems that everyone needs a guardian angel around in times of need.

🌷Wonderful story and so happy you are doing so very good.  Thank You so much for coming back to share your success story.  I just did the same and I think it is so important to do this as there are so many still suffering and need the hope of seeing others healed.  It just takes each of us our own time to do so.  Each of us have our issues and our bodies need  different timelines to to do it. 

So glad for your healing and wishing you the best and happiest of lives.  Congratulations, you made it.  You beat the drugs and your are a survivor.💕

Blessings, Galea🎀

Saraa

The lack of understanding in the medical community on this issue is astounding. My 90 year old mom was put in the ER last night as she was really week and dehydrated -- what did the doctor on call do? -- CT her from benzos and gabapentin so she would be less larthargic. My mom has been on benzos for 40 years. Luckily I convinced a pharmacist at the hospital that was benzowise to keep her on as she is 90 and will probably be on it for the rest of her natural life. Can you believe this crap. Doctors know nothing! The pharmacist agreed with me.

Thanks for your kind words.

Life

I wish you and your family a happy life :)

• 2 months later...

Just touching base all,

It has been since September 19, 2013 -- so lets see -- it will be 2 years in a few weeks. I really had to think about the time as I no longer count the days. The months are pretty easy since it is two full year! Wow! This place has saved my life. :) For those of you that are convinced that you will not heal -- just trust me YOU WILL! I am more happy today now than I have ever been in 30 years  and not just due to healing but allot of self help I have done over the past two years coming to grips with the feelings and emotions that I suppressed with a pill-- my ordeal with intradose withdrawal started Mid 2012. It was the most frightening experience I had ever gone through BUT...being affected by the "benzo beast" is no longer my story. I am just a person happily going through life, walking the beach, doing business transactions, dreaming for the future, laughing, joking etc. I sometimes forget the whole ordeal -- maybe because I want to and also because I have moved on.

To think that I had not trusted the healing process until I was 14 month is incredible. That is when I felt healed 85% or more. I was so scared, so depressed so anxious that I would never heal. Here is the thing -- I felt good at 14 month and now I look back and I feel great now. I have healed more. Now the rest is gravy and lovely to be part of this thing we call life. So it is life for me! I so promise you that you will heal. Believe it and achieve it. See it and live it! Love it and it will come. May you heal quickly as every one heals diffeerently and many will heal before 14 months.God bless you and may he be with you!

Love to all!!!! :thumbsup:

Life

Nova, Drew, Robert so nice to here from all of you. I come back from time to time because I know how much I appreciated those that shined the light for me when I needed it. Heal well and know that everyone here is loved!

Life

• 2 weeks later...

This message was the one that made me join BB. What an inspiration! My goal is to help anyone I possibly can.

Thank you and it's only my pleasure to be able to help anyone on BB going through this ordeal. Perhaps you should post a signature so other people can read what Benzo you are on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Leo, thank you so much for your kind words. I am still feeling better and better and I am now off since sept 19,2013. I have had the stress of many peoples lives lately and although I can get blue a day or two I am no longer affected at all by benzo withdrawal.

I was just thinking today -- I actually can make  business appointments two week out and know I will keep them-- unlike before when I would make an appointment in a window and only to cancel in a wave. No more waves -- just life! I have my brain back and all of you will too!

Life

Beautiful life!!!  I'm finally starting to have good days and most of my anxiety, fear, etc...is mostly gone.  I'm following you....watch out! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Drew, this brings music to my ears! I so pray that the whole 12-18 month group heal! There as so many on this site that do not fully believe that they will heal -- but we do!! I know it now and am so happy that this site is here. Without BB imagine having to go through this  trauma and not knowing what you are going through is just benzos? I am convinced that there were countless suicides because they did not put 2 and 2 together and get educated that it was benzo related and not them! I remember the first post I made was explaining to the BB community of what a wave felt like and asking if it was  me or the benzos? Wow, this site is awesome for those brave enough to cross the river of benozs to a freedom on the other side!

life

• 2 weeks later...

Drew, this brings music to my ears! I so pray that the whole 12-18 month group heal! There as so many on this site that do not fully believe that they will heal -- but we do!! I know it now and am so happy that this site is here. Without BB imagine having to go through this  trauma and not knowing what you are going through is just benzos? I am convinced that there were countless suicides because they did not put 2 and 2 together and get educated that it was benzo related and not them! I remember the first post I made was explaining to the BB community of what a wave felt like and asking if it was  me or the benzos? Wow, this site is awesome for those brave enough to cross the river of benozs to a freedom on the other side!

life

Oh my gosh, life, I've had that same thought...how many countless people have committed suicide during withdrawal not knowing what was happening to them? How many have been on these drugs feeling so sick and not knowing it's the drug and overdose trying to feel better? It's a really scary thought and horrible that I'm sure it's entirely, so very sadly true.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys and Girls it is so my pleasure to be here for all of you. This will be the hardest thing that you will ever go through but it is refreshing when you get to the other side and things don't seem to matter as much. You you go through a strong experience like this you just come out a much better person.

You will heal no matter how many times your brain makes you question it!

Life