What do you do when ......

[Ro...]

Just a p.s. Roberta -- the numbers I gave you may not be the perfect contacts, but if you briefly summarize your situation to them, they should be able to connect you with the right service agency ... I truly pray this helps out.

Kelley

Hey Roberta,

Stopping by to see how you're doing.  I'm so sorry it's come to where you'll have no choice as to when to move.  :hug:

Maybe the information Kelley gave you will be the start to an answer.  Keep us posted as much as you can as to what is going on.  I hope you don't have to move back in with the ex because of no other option.  Going back would be fine and dandy if he indeed changed and that is what you wanted.  I do hope you and your daughter find a nice comfy home to call your own soon!   

Praying for both of you!  :smitten:

My daughter's father will be out on June 19 and he is going to drive us back to IN. He works at O'Hare in Chicago and has an apt. there. He is going to just stay in the apt. and we'll live in the house near Indianapolis. Now I just need help packing and I'm not getting any, not even from my 16 year old daughter who wants to move back there ASAP.

That does leave us with a week of  nowhere to live. I have two friends in NA who've said they could see about putting us up.

Hello Roberta,

I'm so sorry for all you've been going through and are going through now. I hope you don't mind me coming in like this but going through w/d is hard enough and your daughter is old enough to be helping you with packing to say the least. I'd tell her that if she doesn't want to be out on the street and is in such a hurry to go back to live where you're going, that you are in desperate need now for her to be the daughter you need and help you with packing because you're to stressed and ill to do it alone. And that is that. Maybe just kind of put a little fear in her and let her know how sick you are, how hard you're trying to get the poisons out of you. Talk to her about how bad these drugs are and that their even harder to w/d from than heroin which is true.

I just know that from being sick throughout my kids growing up, even though they were difficult at that age, I never tried to hide anything from them, and my daughter knew how sick I was so if I stressed just how bad it was for me that I needed her to do something for me, she would do it. And she wasn't an easy kid either, but she'd always help me when needed.

I pray that God Blesses you also, sending you more angels to surround you with the strength you need and healing angels also. I always ask my angels for whatever help I need as that is what they are there for just waiting for us to ask also, as God needs some help also ;):angel: :angel: :angel:

Hi Scooter and everyone else.

You are right, I'll have to take a harder stance with my daughter. She is working, going to school and studying for finals. However, I've only asked for the bare minimum of help from her. I've asked her to bring me boxes and tape and to pack two lamps for me. Once she brought me boxes and twice she has brought home tape. She hasn't packed up either lamp yet. Now, this is easier for her than you'd think because she works for a UPS store. They have boxes and tape lying all around the store that the owners just throw away because they can't use them for shipping. I used to work for this UPS store. I know that it doesn't take that long to package these types of lamps for shipping purposes (where they will get tossed onto conveyer belts, pushed around, etc.) This is being packed to be placed in the back of a truck. It doesn't take that long, but she is being stubborn. I know she has a lot on her plate, but packaging these lamps will only take about 15-20 minutes of her time for each lamp. It only takes her a minute or so to grap boxes and tape on her way out the door.

I told her that when we move to Indiana, I'm going to need a lot of help from her. I feel bad laying that on her because I don't want her to have to take care of me at this young age. A friend of mine pointed out that her husband is in a wheelchair (MS) and her son (same age as my daughter) has to help take care of him and that he is basically watching his father die. Not an easy thing to do. However, families - kids included - have to help each other out. Then I thought back to my own childhood and how I had to take care of my mom while she was suicidal, drinking, etc. I started having to take care of her when I was about 12. Then I realized that my own daughter, 16, doesn't have life all that bad.

She seems to have a better understanding now.

when you feel you can't do this anymore?

I'm at .75 mgs. of Klonopin a day. I went 6.5 weeks without a panic attack. Then a week ago Friday (4/17) I started having them again. I've had 7 of them since then....... 1 of them less than an hour ago. I don't feel like I can do this anymore.

You keep going and never look back. Believe me, this is going to be the hardest thing you will ever do - bar none. I had a horrible, HORRIBLE time doing this and yet I'm alive to tell you about it - and feeling pretty damn good. I'm still a bit freaked out, but at almost a year out, things are a LOT better and I mean that with all my heart. Just believe and remind yourself that this will end and you will be free.

Things were going pretty good withdrawal wise, but last night got really hard physically. Today I'm feeling a lot of anxiety and withdrawals too. I feel like I have electricity shooting out from my arms and hands. If I touched someone, I'd probably shock them to death. I've spent a lot of time crying. My vision keeps getting all blurry. I had a hard time sleeping last night. I finally fell asleep around 3 am and woke up at my usual 5:30-6 am and haven't been able to go back to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Roberta,

Just stopping by to check on you.  How are things going with the move, etc...?

I hope you've been feeling ok and things have smoothed out some for you.  Did you ever get help from your daughter?

Still thinking of you and praying for you!    :smitten:

Hey Roberta,

Just stopping by to check on you.  How are things going with the move, etc...?

I've got to get everything packed up by the 18th so that the boxes can get put in the moving van. That arrives on the 18th. My husband is coming on the 18th or 19th. He has to fly standby so we're not sure which day he will be here.

He doesn't want to drive all that way and I am terrified of flying. The only way that I can get on a plane is to either be drunk or doped up. We have decided that would be a major setback for me. So, we are taking Amtrak. He's never been on a train before. I prefer a car, but I've always enjoyed the train. Although, my longest train trip was about five hours. Not sure how I'm going to do with 57 hours on a train.

I hope you've been feeling ok and things have smoothed out some for you. 

I have a friend who helped me a little the other day. However, between her bad back and knees and my all over benzo brain and body, we didn't get a lot done.

Did you ever get help from your daughter?

No and I've tried to explain to her that there are so many things that I can't do that I would love to do. She responded with, "Mom, I'm 16. Parents take care of 16 year olds, not the other way around!" and then she walked off.

I don't get it. I've spent a lot of years taking care of people with seen and unseen disabilities and illnesses (like Alzheimer's.) She was with me when I went to their homes or had them in ours. I took care of my mom as a teenager. I was bitter about taking care of my mom. I wonder if my daughter has sensed the bitterness? I can't believe that she'd be that calloused.

Still thinking of you and praying for you!     :smitten:

I start feeling like I'm going crazy. Like no one in the world has ever had this problem. Then I go to an NA meeting and people have a better understanding and assure me that I'm not crazy. I come here, and I know that I'm not crazy. That is so comforting!

:smitten:

:yippee:

[move]:oXo:[/move]