Author Topic: What do you do when ......  (Read 3794 times)

[Buddie]

What do you do when ......
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:44:28 am »
when you feel you can't do this anymore?

I'm at .75 mgs. of Klonopin a day. I went 6.5 weeks without a panic attack. Then a week ago Friday (4/17) I started having them again. I've had 7 of them since then....... 1 of them less than an hour ago. I don't feel like I can do this anymore.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: What do you do when ......
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:16:20 am »
when you feel you can't do this anymore?

I'm at .75 mgs. of Klonopin a day. I went 6.5 weeks without a panic attack. Then a week ago Friday (4/17) I started having them again. I've had 7 of them since then....... 1 of them less than an hour ago. I don't feel like I can do this anymore.

Maybe you're cutting a little too fast?? I'm not sure about your tapering schedule. If you can, it would be great if you could add a signature line so everyone can see where you are on the benzo journey. Here are the directions, when you get time...http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9432.msg119713#msg119713

Most people here either want to get off these meds cuz of how they now make them feel or some have to get off these drugs because their doctors cut them off, they're in tolerance and don't want to take more and feel worse than when they were first put on them.

You will have occasional panic attacks while tapering, but they are usually far worse than if you were off these meds all together. Others will be by to let you know how they deal with their attacks, hang in there. In the meantime, have a look at at this post Jeff made today on the Anxiety and Panic board.... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13001.msg180729#msg180729
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 04:30:30 am »
Hi Theresa- I actually haven't cut down in a while. I have had a stress overload though.

On 4/9 my sister got very sick. On 4/12 - Easter Sunday - found out that her appendix burst. They removed her appendix, part of her intestines and part of her colin. I'm so blessed that she is even alive. I've had to take over almost 100% of the household duties, including caring for her girls and taking care of her. She's in a lot of pain and refuses to take her pain meds. She's been very critical which has made everyone else stay as far away from her as possible. However, I can't just up and leave her. She's my baby sister. It's always been my job to take care of her.

Also, I'm trying to decide if my husband and I should get back together and work on our marriage. If we do, that means that I have to move from CA to IN.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:05:04 am »
You really have a lot to deal with, [...], that's for sure.  :-\ Why did you decide to get off the klonopin?  Were you having tolerance withdrawal symptoms?  If not, you might be better off delaying your taper for a while or slowing it way down; maybe even titrating.  I was having panic attacks while on lorazepam because I had reached tolerance. I knew I wasn't going to feel better until I got off. And, as it turns out,  I actually have much less anxiety off the benzo than those last few years on it.  All the time I was tapering I did work on all kinds of techniques to nip those panic attacks in the bud, though; it wasn't something that was going to happen on it's own IMO.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:17:09 am »
I'm getting off the Klonopin due to tolerance and abuse issues.

I have a panic disorder. I might have it the rest of my life. Klonopin got to the point where it wasn't helping unless I increased the dosage........... that meant that I had to also do some illegal things to get it. Unfortunately, I have a history of drug abuse. Thankfully, I have a wonderful Saviour, awesome church and NA.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 01:38:29 pm »
hey [...],

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of these issues right in the middle of trying to taper.     :hug:

If you are in tolerance the only way to feel better is to continue cutting in my opinion.  I don't know when is the last time you cut, but if you havn't cut in April that could possibly be part of the problem.  If you really dont' want to dry cut any lower, you may want to consider [...]'s suggestion of titrating.  That may work a little better for you.

The husband situation is a really tricky one.  I've seen several of us who have butchered our marriages while on benzos, me on the top of the list!  I'll just give you the advice everyone gives me.  Don't make any major decisions while you're doing your taper.   If I would have listened to mr benzo I'd be divorced and alone going through this.  Instead, I have someone else around (for what it's worth) and the lower I get on my taper, the better the odds of our marriage surviving gets a tad better.   The lower doses have definitely helped me to tolerate things from him that my benzo'd brain would fight about.

Praying for you and your family!     :hug:   

Just remember [...], you CAN do this!    :thumbsup:

Phyllis    :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 01:50:26 pm »
I'm getting off the Klonopin due to tolerance and abuse issues.

I have a panic disorder. I might have it the rest of my life. Klonopin got to the point where it wasn't helping unless I increased the dosage........... that meant that I had to also do some illegal things to get it. Unfortunately, I have a history of drug abuse. Thankfully, I have a wonderful Saviour, awesome church and NA.

Hi [...]! When was your last cut?
I'm glad you've decided to come off and better your life! I have had a couple small panic attacks since coming off but compared to before I'm 95% better (with panic attacks. anxiety is still high somedays but it's manageable)!
You do have alot going on and that's definitely contributing to how your feeling. Since your not able to do anything about this added stress make sure your doing some relaxation exercises, rest when possible, eat healthy and try to get in some exercise.
Hang in there!

Amanda  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 03:41:30 am »
Unfortunately, I have to make the decision about my marriage now. As of the end of the school year, my daughter and I will have no place to live. I can't afford any place. If I do get fanancial help, they'll want some sort of lease.

I saw my pdoc today. I told her about the increase in stress and the panic attacks. She told me that it was up to me if I wanted to do another cut. She raised my Paxil. I haven't bothered to tell her that I haven't been taking it.

I'm not sure what a titrating is again? (Sorry, brain fog.)

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 03:47:46 am »
[...] I'm sorry to hear about that. That must be rough! I hope you can come to a decision that makes you happy! So sorry your going through this!

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 12:59:18 pm »
Hey [...],

Sounds like the marriage issue is pretty much decided for you at the moment.  If you have to move back in with your husband, try to approach it with the same optimism you're putting into the benzos.  I dont' know the situation behind your separation, but is he the type of person to give support to you?  Could he possibly be helpful in any way?   

This is the "Titration Tapers" section of the forum.  There it gives all the information to explain titrating.   :thumbsup:
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0       

Good luck whichever way you go! 

Phyllis    :smitten: