Question about withdrawals

[Br...]

started tapering off Prosom (estazolam) slowly over the past month, then switched to valium for 1 week until 1mg then stopped.  I started taking Lunesta during the withdrawal and am still taking now.  Have been off benzo's now for 7 days as of today.  I am having horrible inner trembling, shaking and heart racing which starts mid morning and gets worse through the day.

Is this lunesta interdose withdrawal or still the benzo?  I don't want to make the withdrawal worse by Lunesta.  Need advice!

Hi ! When you switched over to valium how did the valium make you feel? I take 3mg of ativan and will do a crossover to valium. I hope the will work for me. :)

Well, when I crossed over to valium I was only taking .10 of estazolam.  I crossed over to 1mg of valium and it did not stave off the withdrawals whatsoever.  I switched because of the long half life, but I didn't notice anything.  It's probably because I was taking such a low dose of the valium.  I have heard that it takes a while for the valium to build up in your system and have an effect on withdrawal but I was only on it for 5 days before I jumped.  Good luck and I hope it goes smoothly for you.

I think that is probably it, you haven't built up enough Valium to stave off the w/d.  I am crossing over from Ativan and am almost finished.  I am having s/x.  Tongue burning, some heart palps. but am soldiering on.  Its hard and this last .375 mg of A is killing me to cut.  I am going to cut my night dose of .125 mg of A tonight and try to hold for a week or so and see how it goes.  Then I will tackle the morning .25mg. A which will be the last dose.  Prob. will cut that in two steps.  I hope today is a better day for you and the V gets into your system and you feel better.  This crap is so horrible but nothing we can do except keep on keeping on.  Good luck!!