Expanding my comfort zone resulting in a crying spell?

[Lo...]

I was a bit more active today, going to a few places, had something nice to eat outside, just like in the old days. Felt normal for a while. Then, I got home and emailed someone, and then re-read some of my old emails before benzo use, and I recalled how full of life I was back then. Then I started sobbing.

Is all this crying bad for my health, or should I continue doing it? I am not sure that it's all that healthy, but if it releases all that extra cortisol, maybe it is.

Do you folks go and do some activity, feel normal for a while and then get sad remembering how life used to be better? I'm trying to distract, but this seems to come pretty spontaneously.

I was a bit more active today, going to a few places, had something nice to eat outside, just like in the old days. Felt normal for a while. Then, I got home and emailed someone, and then re-read some of my old emails before benzo use, and I recalled how full of life I was back then. Then I started sobbing.

Is all this crying bad for my health, or should I continue doing it? I am not sure that it's all that healthy, but if it releases all that extra cortisol, maybe it is.

Do you folks go and do some activity, feel normal for a while and then get sad remembering how life used to be better? I'm trying to distract, but this seems to come pretty spontaneously.

Aww, don't worry about crying :hug:, your emotions will be all over the place.  Its so hard going through this process, especially when we are reminded of how we were before. Keep doing what you can to distract, you will get your life back again with time

Try to look forward if you can, keep reminding yourself that this is temporary. Well done to you for getting out and doing things.

Hang in there

Magrita