Author Topic: Tips for Calming Down when Panic sets in  (Read 87995 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tips for Calming Down when Panic sets in
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:38 pm »
Thank you!
I try not to take any pill any one know vitamin help me anxiety and nerve
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2014, 11:51:08 am »
Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »
Hi [...] I'm new here and have weened myself from 6mg daily of Lorazepam to 1/2 mg. most days. I do suffer from debilitating panic attacks and the Lorazepam was/ is the only thing that kept me calm and functional. My panic goes from 0 to 60 faster than the speed of light so the techniques you mentioned don't work for me, not enough time to put them into practice the attack is in full force before I can take the first deep breath.  I also have
Burning Mouth Syndrome since tapering off  and this combined with all the other withdrawal symptoms is making my anxiety level high. I am truly at a loss as to where to go now, yoyo with the Lorazepam and have the constant pain of BMS  or get off completely and never leave the house again?Anyone else dealing with this? Can't take Valium, klonopin, have very little tolerance to most drugs.

[Buddie]

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2014, 03:30:48 am »
I'm [...]. Really I am.

Thanks for the post [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2015, 10:31:20 pm »
I love #11! I use it all the time. I like to call it fake it till you make it. If you smile, as silly as it seems, it doesn't something to you even if you are forcing it and don't feel like smiling. Another thing that helps me is putting cold bag of frozen veggies on the back of my neck. It cools me down and makes me focus on the cold feeling rather than whatever scary symptom I'm hvaing. If you don't like cold try something warm or hot!  It works like a charm.

[Buddie]

« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2015, 01:49:12 am »
LOVE!!!! THANK YOU!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2015, 09:06:25 pm »
I have been dealing with panic attacks over 20 years.  I also have burning mouth syndrome, vertigo,  blood too thin, eye problems etc.  I find that when attacks set in working around the house helps a great deal.  I vacuum till the rug has no more fibers to it. LOL keeping my mind off the attacks help .  I was so bad once I did not leave my house for 2 years, honest.  No Dr., grocery store. nothing. Now I push myself to never let the attacks keep me down.

[Buddie]

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »
Breathing gif:

Breathe in as it opens.
Breathe out as it closes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:01:04 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2015, 12:49:48 am »
Just read this post. Thank you for sharing your wisdom, [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2016, 10:06:41 pm »
Here's a link to help for panic attacks: Link to panic attack: http://www.mindfulnessmuse.com/stress-reduction/coping-with-panic-attacks