Author Topic: Tips for Calming Down when Panic sets in  (Read 121105 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tips for Calming Down when Panic sets in
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2020, 08:11:51 pm »
There are some fantastic Dhamma talks (you don't have to be a Buddhist) that you can download from www.dhammatalks.org from Ajarn Geoff (Ṭhānissaro Bhikkhu) which have helped me through some bad days and nights. He is an American who spent many years in Thailand as a monk and now is the abbot of the Metta Forest Monastery in San Diego County, California.
His voice is so calming and there are guided meditations you can download and many Dhamma talks on various topics.
They've really helped me through some bad times.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2021, 04:39:03 am »
I found this recording on Youtube that is free. I was so impressed by how well it works that I ended up purchasing the entire collection and downloading it on my MP3 player. Here is the free version. I listen to it every night and it really helps to put me to sleep. It's called Anxiety & Depression Relief - Binaural Beats & Isochronic Tones (With Subliminal Messages). The link is there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNUHb5ZzqLQ
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2021, 01:44:42 am »
Highly recommend prayer/devotional, eft, holding each of the fingers for a few mins while deep breathing 5-6 in and 6 out. RAIN as dr brewer talks about which Stands for recognize - allow - investigate - Note. Iím just now using this method to try and redirect those ingrained pathways. Recognize there is panic or whatever feeling there allow it to move through and get curious and investigate the feeling. Lastly and most important note the sensations tight chest, breath flowing in and out of body, loud noises around me, fan blowing on my skin. Whatever the sensations are. You could most likely mix the RAIN method with deep breathing and holding your fingers which could add more relief and even and extra form of distraction to the mix.

I have dealt with high anxiety for a long time and those are just a few tricks I use and it has gotten less and less and less which is a blessing from God.

Lastly make a list of all the relaxing tips that help
With anxiety attacks. Keep it on your phone or wherever to resort too when the anxiety is so bad you canít think straight. You look at just start plowing through the list.