Author Topic: Tips for Calming Down when Panic sets in  (Read 88101 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tips for Calming Down when Panic sets in
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2016, 06:51:05 pm »
The information in this link does work for panic attacks. I wish someone had taught it to me 20 years ago and again in Sept. when they started again. An increase in meds didn't help. But this works. I was having them in the middle of the night and by doing this, I've been able to go back to sleep.

Secondary fear is what keeps the chemicals flowing. Again, something I wish I'd known years ago but am thankful to know now.

If able search Claire Weekes. You'll find her videos on YouTube. They are from the 60s. But what she taught and used in her clinics is still helping tons of people. Again, I wish I'd had her book a long time ago. But I still apply what I can.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2016, 12:03:21 am »

11. If you "act" calm, you will be calm. Imitate the body language of a relaxed person and you will take on that feeling within minutes.

author unknown

Thats my favorite! It really works! I found that funny first :)

Thank you for this text!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2016, 03:01:14 pm »
Great tips [...] from somebody who has just started a taper and am not doing very well at it.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2016, 07:14:28 am »
Just a bookmark   :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2016, 07:16:32 am »

Here we both are, up in the middle of the night again!
 :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2016, 07:24:35 am »

Here we both are, up in the middle of the night again!
 :laugh:

Yup! It's really gotten to be a habit! You surprised me!   :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:42:32 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2016, 06:37:48 pm »
Are you a friend of Bill W.? Yes I am. I did my third step at his home in Ohio. Great post so I'll bookmark it too!!!

[...] :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2016, 11:56:22 am »
[...]!
Thank you for this. I have been titrating down from 1.25. I am now at .75 and the drop is getting so much harder. I was dropping between 2 - 5ml a day but am now holding and then resuming at 2ml. Too much panic making functioning very difficult.
Reading this really helped me today get ready to teach two classes.
: )

[Buddie]

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2016, 04:18:27 pm »
Thank you [...] for posting these tips! 

I'll be back to your post next time I'm "going crazy."

[Buddie]

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2016, 10:11:40 am »
I am a 44 year old supposedly 'grown man' but inside I just feel like a scared 5 year old little boy. Does anyone else feel like this? I am scared of EVERYTHING and its ruining my life. Sick of it.