Short term benzo users

[sn...]

Siggy...I am so sorry to hear you have had setbacks, too!  And especially after short term!  It just seems so unreal to me that I (we) can suffer for so long after stopping and that medication is still out there.  Were your setbacks acute?  All of mine were horrible with the mental and physical torture and seem to be getting worse.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [me...]

• [...]

• [su...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - 6 months 5mg diazepam. Slowish taper off - two months. Today day 20 Diaz free.

Waves at days 4 and 5, 10-12, and this third week, bad - burning muscles, bad anxiety and agitation. Rubbish.

Siggy...I am so sorry to hear you have had setbacks, too!  And especially after short term!  It just seems so unreal to me that I (we) can suffer for so long after stopping and that medication is still out there.  Were your setbacks acute?  All of mine were horrible with the mental and physical torture and seem to be getting worse.

Yeah, all of them were horrific really. Pretty bad all the way up until they all just disappeared with a couple of weeks. No idea why I am / was so sensitive, but it is what it is until it isn't. Sorry to hear you've had some issues with that too. I just have to be extra careful about anything I'm not sure will cause a problem.

anyone deal with low energy levels, pots like sxs, Like your going to pass out?  I think its worst iwith hormone changes... this is so debilitating , and bad sleep.

anyone deal with low energy levels, pots like sxs, Like your going to pass out?  I think its worst iwith hormone changes... this is so debilitating , and bad sleep.

I do, since I start tapering my mental fatigue is so high thst even having a conversation makes me confused

I am new benzovictim.

I wasn't told about the medicine properly. And was given two times in gap of two months and here I am with all symptoms and suffering and doctors say it's just side effects. Clearly I was misprescribed second time. I just hate this.

Hey short term users,

I am also a "just" ~ months user of Clonazepam and this drug seems to destroy me and do more harm than good (anxiety, what was prescribed in the first place).

Was prescribed 0.5 x day + Escitalopram. Tapering both.

After my 3rd week of tapering too fast down from 0.5 to 0.3 I have : mild / moderate depression, mild / moderate and sometimes very long anxiety, dizziness, blurred vision, mild head aches and some problems concentrate.

Will go much slowly now, as this is important to my recovery, will actually hold for now until (I hope) I stabilize.

Can't believe such a drug can do so much harm after just 5 months of use. As far as I researched on the internet Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) is one of the most dangerous of the benzos, incredible statement, what are the doctors thinking prescribing this in the first place ?

>:(

Hey lex, welcome.  I'm a 4 month user of Clonazepam with a CT.  At least you know to taper, that's nice.  How long do you project you'll taper before jumping? 

I'm still alive, guys! =)

Just passed my 8 month mark.

Last 2 months have been hell on wheels! Mornings are still brutal. My mental state is like a yo-yo that keeps getting knotted but I'M ALIVE. That's good enough for me.

Andie, xx

Andie.  Alive is good!  Hell on wheels is a good way to describe what we are going through dont you think!  Mornings seem so brutal for many here.  My morning surges got me up at 2am this morning.  I dont fight it anymore.  I just get up and get on with my day.  8 months is a significant accomplishment!  Congrats!  I hope the next 8 bring you quick and intense healing!!

Well I thought I would chime in being perhaps the shortest time usage - 21 days with 5 days at half dose.  At end of month three post CT, broken sleep, headaches and tinnitus.  Time is really the healer.  Unbelievable that short-time usage can create this mind of havoc!

Hey lex, welcome.  I'm a 4 month user of Clonazepam with a CT.  At least you know to taper, that's nice.  How long do you project you'll taper before jumping?

Hello Accidentaldependant,

I am stable now after ~ 14 days of holding the 0.3 dosage. But couple of good days ago I was a mess.

I will go for 0.27 in about 2 days :D.

Taking it slow and steady

Well I thought I would chime in being perhaps the shortest time usage - 21 days with 5 days at half dose.  At end of month three post CT, broken sleep, headaches and tinnitus.  Time is really the healer.  Unbelievable that short-time usage can create this mind of havoc!

That is absolutely true. I am a DM away if you need a friend.

Andie, xx

Andie.  Alive is good!  Hell on wheels is a good way to describe what we are going through dont you think!  Mornings seem so brutal for many here.  My morning surges got me up at 2am this morning.  I dont fight it anymore.  I just get up and get on with my day.  8 months is a significant accomplishment!  Congrats!  I hope the next 8 bring you quick and intense healing!!

Always there to bring me encouragement and friendship dear JBen <3 I appreciate it lots.

We're in this together. I gotchu too.

Andie, xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are still fighting and thriving as much as you can.

I hit the 6 month mark last friday, wow that feels like it was yesterday but it isn't. I haven't been able to write because my mind is all over the place. I started university again and all the commutes plus homework is taking a toll on me.

I still don't know how I'm able to sit through a 50 minute lecture while my legs are vibrating and my mind is whispering that I'll collapse right there.

I need some encouragment guys cause my family thinks there's nothing wrong with me (since I look fine on the outside). Faking it is exhausting but what else can we do right?😞

I cut out chocolate and processed sugar and I try to exercise when I can💪

I wish the tremors could go away right now :( It hurts to stay still and I love reading and writing😭

If this is not going away at least I will have to learn how to live with it, any tips on how to accept pain?

I'm really thankful for this page, you're all the hope I have left.

Hello,just a bit of advice,out of nowhere I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder and have been taking 45mg of Mirtazapine at night,GP then prescribed Sertraline 50mg in the morning and 2mg diazepam to help with the side affects,my query is will i get withdrawels when i stop the diazepam,I have been taking 1mg twice daily although i was told I could take 2mg twice daily but I am terrified of getting addicted.Thanks in Advance

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are still fighting and thriving as much as you can.

I hit the 6 month mark last friday, wow that feels like it was yesterday but it isn't. I haven't been able to write because my mind is all over the place. I started university again and all the commutes plus homework is taking a toll on me.

I still don't know how I'm able to sit through a 50 minute lecture while my legs are vibrating and my mind is whispering that I'll collapse right there.

I need some encouragment guys cause my family thinks there's nothing wrong with me (since I look fine on the outside). Faking it is exhausting but what else can we do right?😞

I cut out chocolate and processed sugar and I try to exercise when I can💪

I wish the tremors could go away right now :( It hurts to stay still and I love reading and writing😭

If this is not going away at least I will have to learn how to live with it, any tips on how to accept pain?

I'm really thankful for this page, you're all the hope I have left.

Hey trendym3

Congratulations on making it 6 months!  I know what you mean about having to fake it.  I work full time, 10 hours of meetings all day long, faking it every step of the way.  It can be exhausting.  I can see how your commute, time in class, having to study can take its toll.  Wow you have a lot on your plate.  It is great that you have cut out some of the processed foods.  Is it making a difference for you? How are you healing?  Do you see a difference from 6 months ago?  Just keep going the way you are going!  Good luck on the next 6 months!

Hi JBen021! Thanks for responding. After cutting chocolate I noticed the shakes are more manageable. These past 6 months I've also noticed a loot of changes. I still remember the first few weeks, I had almost no ability to concentrate, all I could think was that I was dying. The electric current and cold flashes dissapeared all together. I try to see the big picture and then I realize how slowly I have been recovering.

That sounds like great progress trendym3.  I know you still have a lot of room to heal.  It will take time but you will heal.  Thanks so much for checking in!!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, how are you all doing??

I just wanted to update since it's been almost a month with no new entries from me. My physical symptoms are starting to get more managable. I also really notice that they get worse if I have very sweet and heavy foods. Yesterday I had korean food and a red velvet cupcake and today I feel like shit again🥺

Ever since my 6 months mark I started to feel like the impendent doom is not so true as my head makes it seem, and that also scares me because I've been making decisions based on the premise that I was never gonna recover. Now I realise how messed up that was!

And maybe it's also the chemical depression I have. Like yesterday my crush asked me out and I said yes but I felt sad afterwards and I don't understand why, it's still like my emotions don't match my actions. I would really appreciate some advice because it's also my first relationship ever and I feel somewhat lost.

I hope healing is taking place for all of you and that we all get our lifes back.

Thanks♥️♥️

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for no replies on here!

I wish I could give some advice. Honestly I would just say going through with things if you feel they are right in your gut may be the best course of action. I think some of the sadness you are feeling perhaps comes from feeling guilty or sad that you don't feel better about this. You're sad at yourself for not experiencing more pleasure from this thing you wanted?

For me, last week, my sister, her husband and my new nephew came over from America (I'm in England) to visit for the first time since the pandemic hit. This was tuesday evening. Wednesday morning I woke up and was talking to them and felt so shitty that I wasn't feeling real happiness that I went to my room and had a cry. Later that day a window opened randomly, pretty wide.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, how are you all doing??

I just wanted to update since it's been almost a month with no new entries from me. My physical symptoms are starting to get more managable. I also really notice that they get worse if I have very sweet and heavy foods. Yesterday I had korean food and a red velvet cupcake and today I feel like shit again🥺

Ever since my 6 months mark I started to feel like the impendent doom is not so true as my head makes it seem, and that also scares me because I've been making decisions based on the premise that I was never gonna recover. Now I realise how messed up that was!

And maybe it's also the chemical depression I have. Like yesterday my crush asked me out and I said yes but I felt sad afterwards and I don't understand why, it's still like my emotions don't match my actions. I would really appreciate some advice because it's also my first relationship ever and I feel somewhat lost.

I hope healing is taking place for all of you and that we all get our lifes back.

Thanks♥️♥️

You are having food sensitivities. I had it too... And what you feeling is also part of wd. We all have gone through it. Pls stay strong and go easy on urself. It will take time.

I was relatively a short term user of Klonopin, as you can see from my signature. I didn’t use it very often at all for a long time, then had a bad couple months and kept having to take it. Part of me wonders how long I’ve been dependent really, and how much of my usage was because of w/d symptoms. I’m almost into my fourth month out of this stuff and it feels unbearable sometimes. I don’t know how I’ve managed to make it past two months, let alone almost three. It’s been so incredibly hard. My symptoms:

- Panic attacks.

- Heart palpitations.

- Significant weight loss.

- No appetite.

- Air hunger.

- Worsening acid reflux.

- Abdominal/chest pain and tightness.

- GI issues (Bloating + Constipation/diarrhea intermittently).

- Severe depression.

- Insomnia.

- DP/DR.

- Sweating.

- Muscle twitching and cramping.

- Facial flushing.

- Temperature control issues (feeling too warm, freezing cold feet, etc).

- Nightmare.

- Hypnagogic hallucinations.

- Tinnitus.

- Jaw pain.

- Headaches.

- Tooth pain.

- Uncontrollable crying.

- Worsening health anxiety.

- Worsening agoraphobia.

- 24/7 Anxiety.

- Sensory hypersensitivity (all sounds were incredibly, ear-shatteringly loud).

- Brain fog.

- Electric “zaps”.

- Foot/toe pain.

Phew. Maybe I’ll get some more fun things to add to my list before I’m “better”. :P

Oh god I'm so sorry.I don't know about you but for me it's the mental side that is the most crushing. With a good mental state you can soldier throughsome of the other stuff, but without it, you wallow a bit

• 2 months later...

Am I considered short term? I started taking k PRN in the middle of last May and quickly ended up taking 0.5 mg k daily in July of last year. I then added some at night, with my doctor's blessing, for nocturnal panic attacks to reach my highest dose of 0.875 mg. I started tapering once I figured out the medicine was causing my paradoxical symptoms in the middle of September. So four months total but only 2.5 months of daily, steady use.

Sounds like this isn't for anyone still tapering.