Author Topic: Short term benzo users  (Read 72852 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Short term benzo users
« Reply #950 on: April 28, 2022, 12:13:23 pm »
4 months is short term use, yeah.  I mean, these drugs are only supposed to be taken for weeks, but a lot of people on the board were prescribed them for years, not months or weeks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #951 on: May 07, 2022, 10:45:07 am »
hello everyone i feel like this group has died a bit so i'm bringing it back. I want to know how you're all doing. I'm still feeling quite awful. And to think I was only on xanax for 3 weeks, i get to suffer now for 14 months... I [...] we all get the healing we deserve. Tell me about your stories and maybe that way we can all feel a bit better in community.✨😢
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #952 on: May 16, 2022, 08:13:32 pm »
I was taking k PRN for about 1.5 months when I decided I needed it daily (doc was okay with this, of course). I took it for another 1.5 months before hitting tolerance. At the time, I just knew I was all of a sudden anxious and having trouble sleeping. The insomnia hit first and then the anxiety. I went online and discovered the scary truth of what had happened. I started taking k to stop panic attacks that were a result of being shocked by my implanted defibrillator seven times in a row one day while I was out walking at lunch. I came across someone threatening in a remote part of the place I was walking, ran to get to safety, and after feeling safe, I started getting shocked. Apparently my HR had gone over 250 bpm, and my device was programmed to shock that. I started having panic attacks the next week and after one that landed me in the ER, I was terrified and needed help. Unfortunately what helped was k, and I was given no warning by the doctor or the pharmacist. Because of the severe panic, I wasn't in my usual mind to do research and make sure it was safe, and I had people around me telling me it was fine and that they take it occasionally for anxiety.

I've been tapering since September 14 off .875 mg. I'm down to .362 mg today. The last three weeks have been insanely hard. I've had symptoms all the way down, but things seemed to be getting better back in January, before we all got COVID. It's been harder since, but incredibly hard since reaching .375 mg and beyond. I don't know why. I've been discouraged from the start that I can't go any faster after the amount of time I took it before tapering.

[Buddie]

« Reply #953 on: May 17, 2022, 04:47:29 pm »
extremely short term infrequent user with all the symptoms in the book and bedridden

[Buddie]

« Reply #954 on: May 17, 2022, 05:50:14 pm »
Took 1.5mg/day for 2 months quit cold turkey. Worst withdrawal ever. After 3 months only left with insomnia and anxiety. The insomnia is almost rehabilitating. Iím at almost 6 months and it is finally starting to ease up a little.

[Buddie]

« Reply #955 on: May 17, 2022, 08:58:42 pm »
Total of 21 days of Temazepam usage.  Almost finishing my 11th month of recovery.  Remaining symptoms that I have had over the last nine months are broken sleep, tinnitus and head pressure/pain.  Most of the time, I donít even think about it but I am most certainly not back to feeling the same as before benzos.  However, I am much stronger now and I will [...] let another sleepless night make me ever turn to a magical pill as there is no magic!