Lyrica Support Group

[26...]

[26...]
Didn't see one of these on here... surely I am not the only one on this crap. I'd love to taper off it as it doesn't do crap for my nerve pain, burning skin, or seizures anymore. I am pretty sure I get interdose withdrawal from it as well as I dose it once a day 100mg at night. Would love to start tapering off it but they always say taper the benzo first. Also scared when I do taper off it's going to be just as bad or worse I have heard horror stories. I figured a support group for those either on it, tapering off it or off it would be great. There is a Gabapentin/Neurontin group which is similar but different.  :smitten:

I just started lyrica for fibromyalgia about 2 weeks ago.  I think it helps some.  I take 75 mg 2 x a day.  I think it is also helping me with klonopin withdrawal but it maybe too early to tell.

TimeForAChange...

Could you share some of the Horror stories you said you have heard about tapering off Lyrica ?  I'm taking 150mg at bedtime and 75mg in the morning...supposedly to help me get off Ativan easier...

I'd like to quit taking it due to the severe Blurred vision it gives me.

thanks

TimeForAChange is right.

The support group for Gabapentin is like a Lyrica support site, but yet different. That's because Gabapentin is a precursor to Lyrica and many people take it, like myself. Personally, I am too scared to take Lyrica, tho I do believe it helps with withdrawal.

:smitten:

Bets

[26...]

TimeForAChange...

Could you share some of the Horror stories you said you have heard about tapering off Lyrica ?  I'm taking 150mg at bedtime and 75mg in the morning...supposedly to help me get off Ativan easier...

I'd like to quit taking it due to the severe Blurred vision it gives me.

thanks

I am too sick to post stuff right now but if you google Lyrica withdrawal you will see it can be pretty horrible. If you google lyrica benzobuddies there was a girl on here who got off benzos tapered off Lyrica and the wd was so bad she had to go back on benzos. Also I know of a girl who had to go on K because she went into psychosis tapering Lyrica.