Depression Solution?

[ta...]

Hi there, I want to start with the good news.  I have been Klonopin free since Jan 24.  I had tapered down from 4 mg of klonopin in November to 1.5 on Jan 24, and then went Cold Turkey. I don't recommend that, but by the time I was able to get a new prescription, over a week had gone by, and my dr felt that too much time had passed and I would end up having to go through the whole withdrawal process again.

The Withdrawal was rough, as we all know.  After about a month, the physical symptoms went away, which I know is a good thing.  But, I have this cloud of intense depression that won't go away.  I can look at my life, and other than this, it's fine.  There is nothing on the outside that should be causing this.  I do take medication for depression, but it seems to have stopped working.

I told my dr this, and he said that he thinks my job is making me unhappy and I should quit.  I had to try to tell him, it's not my job.  It's how I am feeling inside.  I am going to look for a new dr, as I don't think he understands.  Anyway, I have never felt this sort of depression before, and it's unbearable.  anyone who understands or have found ways to combat it?  any help you can give you would be great.

Therapist.

That helped me through some of the worst times of my already bleak outlook on life. A therapist.  They have empathy, the very empathy that so very many medical doctors had surgically excised from themselves.

The depression is another symptom of W/D. It will go away. But you have to fight it. It's like a whole other person deep down inside of you that wants you to fail. 

Fight it.  The therapist will help you in that.

http://www.webmd.com/depression/features/natural-treatments

• 3 weeks later...
I think knowing that it is just another symptom that will go away helps.  Sometimes, when I am depressed, I try to just say to myself, well here goes my brain again thinking these awful things because of w/d.  I also try to do the exact oppostie of what my mind tells me to do.  Usuallly, when I feel this way, I want to just stay in bed.  Last thing I want to do is go walk my dogs....So I make myself go walk my dogs!  Not all the time ...I'm still working thru all this but it usually makes me feel better and "normal" for a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the same problem I stopped xanax January 13th went to the hospital with severe panic they prescribed klonopin I took it a couple times since then I'm now 3 months free from my first original taper and my depression is horrible I forced myself everyday to go out and do something but all I want to do is just lay in bed it's killing me one day you and every on person on here will get through this

For me, time was the only thing that truly helped the depression.  Every drug and supplement I took only exacerbated the feelings of panic and misery.  Just keep reminding yourself that it WILL get better.  I'm 19 months out and the depression is about 90% gone.

I find the anti-depressant tianeptine to be pretty benign, and it supposedly helps restore neuroplasticity.  It's even been studied for benzo withdrawal specifically.  I started taking it in the 5th month of withdrawal and have been taking it off and on ever since.  Can't tell if it really helps, but it certainly hasn't hurt anything.  (Unlike other antidepressants that can have horrid side effects).  It can be purchased online without a prescription. 

Aside from that, try to limit external stress in your life as much as possible.  Exercise helped me through the worst of my depression.  Just go easy to avoid worsening your symptoms.