Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Where is MEexpat????

[be...]

Hi:

I haven't heard from MEexpat since March 4th. As you can see by his profile, he has been working in Saudi Arabia for the past 18 years for an oil company. I usually get about 5 messages from him every day. Now, nothing, since the 4th. I am worried about him because he is a Christian and if you are found with a Bible, you are arrested and jailed. He reads it every day, when nobody is watching. All other workers/company heads are Muslims or from the Islamic state. This company is in trouble, and most workers have fled back to their homeland. His passport was taken away from him. He said at one time, that his company is so badly off, that there may be a chance that his diesel fuel will run out from his generator, and might not be able to log on. He said that he will stay until March to get his back pay, but I don't know if he left or not, as he doesn't have a passport or an exit Visa. If he left, I  am confident he would tell me so. Has anyone heard from him? I am really worried.  :( Bets

Oh boy...thats scary indeed ! Good observation Betsy.....

hope it turns out to be nothing serious, fingers cross for him ! :(

I've also noticed that MEexpat is missing. He's a very supportive buddy, I really hope all is well with him. I'll keep my eyes open for him Bets.

Debbie

MEexpat, I miss you  :smitten: I hope you are fine.

Clona:

Are you goofing off from work yet again? :laugh: I am very worried about him. :'(

Has he closed his email account? I hope he is fine, Bets, a hug  :smitten:

That's what worries me even more. If he just fled like the rest of them, then wouldn't you think he would keep his email intact? fwiw~~it must be nice to have Mondays off. My first job as a reporter was a four-day workweek. But the salary was %&*($#.

I have been wondering bout him as well. Maybe he needed to close his email account and open another so as not to be traced? I really hope he is ok.

• 4 months later...

Thank you Betsy and everybody.

I am still alive.  And still in Saudi Arabia.  My yahoo email was deactivated because I was out of net for so long. 

I am coming to office every day, no work to do, but there is salary.  It's hard to believe but it is true.

I am not leaving Saudi Arabia until I got some money for my daughter's MD ambition.

Thanks to all of you.

MEexpat

Ayaya ..dear MEexpat, good to see you again...

got us quite worried, Betsy will be ever so happy...take care. :)

Thank you Claudia.  It's nice to be back again.  I hope Betsy is fine, and you too.

MEexpat, you are back! So nice to read you! A Big hug  :smitten:

Hi Clona, thanks.  I saw you stopped your Klonopin.  Congratulations.

Your photo is cute.