Exercise support group

[dr...]

Hello exercise people!

I am nearing the last 6 months of this taper (fingers crossed).

I used to run 3x a week and do long cycling rides.

As of now, I manage a very gentle stretching yoga video daily.

I feel so weak. Nutrition is difficult but I am working on eating more.

I wanted to work in some weights to maintain muscle mass of some sort.

How low? How slow?

I have 8lb weights. I have done air squats for the past few days - just 2 sets of 5.

My heart rate shoots up, but I just rest afterwards.

Is there a baby steps guide to starting to exercise again? (I guess specifically weights? Or strength)

I walked 0.3 miles last night and had to work on mindfulness exercises to keep calm. 😬

Hi Treelover, I go to a pilates group class (small group), twice a week. When I get too dizzy I just stop. There are plenty of good pilates videos to do at home as well.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Val! Good work getting out to do that. I used to go to in person yoga a few months ago.

Agoraphobia is kicking my behind lately. Maybe not true agoraphobia, I don’t know. I just get so incredibly uncomfortable that I don’t want to do it again.

Since I started doing bicep curls and squats I have a lot of tingling in my extremities. Is that something that happens? Just coincidence? Should I stop? Keep going? Is that nerves waking up or being pissed off? 😬

Nice Val! Good work getting out to do that. I used to go to in person yoga a few months ago.

Agoraphobia is kicking my behind lately. Maybe not true agoraphobia, I don’t know. I just get so incredibly uncomfortable that I don’t want to do it again.

Since I started doing bicep curls and squats I have a lot of tingling in my extremities. Is that something that happens? Just coincidence? Should I stop? Keep going? Is that nerves waking up or being pissed off? 😬

Hi Treelover, Your agoraphobia is real as are all these symptoms and I think you must do what makes you feel better. Pushing it a little but not too far. I don't know about the tingling. For me, it's extreme muscle soreness even if I've been doing this for months. My muscles never fully recover like they used to. I just do less than the other people, but I find strengthening is really good for me overall. I also have a very bad back problem, so if I didn't go to pilates I would be more incapacitated. I think if you have agoraphobia, doing yoga and pilates videos at home is great. Maybe search on youtube for "full body workout for elderly people", even if you're not elderly. They have good, light routines.

Any exercise ideas for those who are bedridden and in too much pain to walk? I’ve been bedridden since November of 2021 and an barely make it across the room to my portable toilet. Feels like I have muscle wasting going on bad and would like to counter that as much as possible but I can’t get my bp up too high Because I have an aneurysm

Thanks

Any exercise ideas for those who are bedridden and in too much pain to walk? I’ve been bedridden since November of 2021 and an barely make it across the room to my portable toilet. Feels like I have muscle wasting going on bad and would like to counter that as much as possible but I can’t get my bp up too high Because I have an aneurysm

Thanks

Hi Zman, I'm really sorry you're in such a difficult condition. I know there are youtube videos of exercises to do on the bed. Have you tried some of those? There are plenty if you make a search on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...
I"ve not worked out in ages. I had a total right knee replacement a year ago and I've had nothing but problems/pain with it.  I might have to have a revision surgery.  Does working out help with withdrawal? With the dizziness I have I'm not sure I would be able to handle it. I was thinking of maybe doing water aerobics instead. Easy on joints and maybe more relaxing then other forms of of exercising.