Author Topic: Exercise support group  (Read 122635 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Exercise support group
« Reply #2170 on: February 11, 2020, 06:07:18 pm »
Gonna sound a little sanctimonious maybe BUT exercise is honestly the BEST thing I have done to feel better this whole f-ing taper.

I ran for 33 mins, did weights and feel SO much better now.

I was very, very exercise phobic and read posts where people said any working out made them feel worse and that could def be the case for some people but thankfully it only helps me feel good and obviously look better. People talk about losing muscle mass here a lot - one fix? Free weights, push ups, anything.

Some days I do not want to exercise, but I just deal and do it.

Since working out most every day I have not had ear ringing, brain fog, fatigue or anxiety surges. Literally. None. Symptoms are WAY better. I am 90% today. If I didn't have to squirt liquid [...] in my mouth, i wouldn't even know i was tapering.

Everyone should do what they can but I found I can do more than I thought...I was freaked out to get on the treadmill and today I ran like I used to, same speed, same sweat. Every day I add a few more minutes and this week should be back at 45 mins of running, the old me.

Isn't that what we all want? The "old" us?

Just wanted to share that - it has helped me  A LOT.
Thanks [...] this is the pretty close to what I'm trying to do. Aprx 210-220- cardio per week. Been at it a couple years so it's not too difficult for me. I read where doing vigorous exercise increases gabba naturally and that should help ease taper effects. At least I'm hoping so.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2171 on: April 06, 2021, 01:58:44 pm »
 Today I managed to go for a half hour walk, I was convinced during this hell taper (number 3) I was never going to be able to get out for a walk or enjoy it ever again after spending so much time house bound, and in bed in agony but I did and it was lovely, even if I only managed to get out for a minute today that would have been miraculous, but I managed a whole half hour I am beyond grateful for this  🙏🏽

[...] xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2172 on: April 06, 2021, 08:56:08 pm »
Today I managed to go for a half hour walk, I was convinced during this hell taper (number 3) I was never going to be able to get out for a walk or enjoy it ever again after spending so much time house bound, and in bed in agony but I did and it was lovely, even if I only managed to get out for a minute today that would have been miraculous, but I managed a whole half hour I am beyond grateful for this  🙏🏽

[...] xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That is such a good post [...]  :D. So happy for you!!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #2173 on: January 31, 2022, 04:41:58 pm »
bc of lack of real exercise  my behind  in gone and I lost weight anyone had this 
 and is able to restore it? ladies?

[Buddie]

« Reply #2174 on: May 22, 2022, 02:31:06 am »
Hello exercise people!
I am nearing the last 6 months of this taper (fingers crossed).
I used to run 3x a week and do long cycling rides.

As of now, I manage a very gentle stretching yoga video daily.
I feel so weak. Nutrition is difficult but I am working on eating more.

I wanted to work in some weights to maintain muscle mass of some sort.
How low? How slow?
I have 8lb weights. I have done air squats for the past few days - just 2 sets of 5.
My heart rate shoots up, but I just rest afterwards.

Is there a baby steps guide to starting to exercise again? (I guess specifically weights? Or strength)
I walked 0.3 miles last [...] and had to work on mindfulness exercises to keep calm. 😬

[Buddie]

« Reply #2175 on: May 23, 2022, 05:22:54 pm »
Hello exercise people!
I am nearing the last 6 months of this taper (fingers crossed).
I used to run 3x a week and do long cycling rides.

As of now, I manage a very gentle stretching yoga video daily.
I feel so weak. Nutrition is difficult but I am working on eating more.

I wanted to work in some weights to maintain muscle mass of some sort.
How low? How slow?
I have 8lb weights. I have done air squats for the past few days - just 2 sets of 5.
My heart rate shoots up, but I just rest afterwards.

Is there a baby steps guide to starting to exercise again? (I guess specifically weights? Or strength)
I walked 0.3 miles last [...] and had to work on mindfulness exercises to keep calm. 😬

Hi [...], I go to a pilates group class (small group), twice a week. When I get too dizzy I just stop. There are plenty of good pilates videos to do at home as well.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2176 on: May 23, 2022, 06:57:03 pm »
Nice Val! Good work getting out to do that. I used to go to in person yoga a few months ago.
Agoraphobia is kicking my behind lately. Maybe not true agoraphobia, I donít know. I just get so incredibly uncomfortable that I donít want to do it again.

Since I started doing bicep curls and squats I have a lot of tingling in my extremities. Is that something that happens? Just coincidence? Should I stop? Keep going? Is that nerves waking up or being pissed off? 😬

[Buddie]

« Reply #2177 on: May 24, 2022, 10:06:20 am »
Nice Val! Good work getting out to do that. I used to go to in person yoga a few months ago.
Agoraphobia is kicking my behind lately. Maybe not true agoraphobia, I donít know. I just get so incredibly uncomfortable that I donít want to do it again.

Since I started doing bicep curls and squats I have a lot of tingling in my extremities. Is that something that happens? Just coincidence? Should I stop? Keep going? Is that nerves waking up or being pissed off? 😬

Hi [...], Your agoraphobia is real as are all these symptoms and I think you must do what makes you feel better. Pushing it a little but not too far. I don't know about the tingling. For me, it's extreme muscle soreness even if I've been doing this for months. My muscles never fully recover like they used to. I just do less than the other people, but I find strengthening is really good for me overall. I also have a very bad back problem, so if I didn't go to pilates I would be more incapacitated. I think if you have agoraphobia, doing yoga and pilates videos at home is great. Maybe search on youtube for "full body workout for elderly people", even if you're not elderly. They have good, light routines.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2178 on: May 24, 2022, 11:12:40 am »
Any exercise ideas for those who are bedridden and in too much pain to walk? Iíve been bedridden since November of 2021 and an barely make it across the room to my portable toilet. Feels like I have muscle wasting going on bad and would like to counter that as much as possible but I canít get my bp up too high Because I have an aneurysm

Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #2179 on: May 24, 2022, 12:13:51 pm »
Any exercise ideas for those who are bedridden and in too much pain to walk? Iíve been bedridden since November of 2021 and an barely make it across the room to my portable toilet. Feels like I have muscle wasting going on bad and would like to counter that as much as possible but I canít get my bp up too high Because I have an aneurysm

Thanks

Hi [...], I'm really sorry you're in such a difficult condition. I know there are youtube videos of exercises to do on the bed. Have you tried some of those? There are plenty if you make a search on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmbYpRbgsA