Benzos and other drugs given to whales at Sea World

[88...]

Very, very sad to see. Just thinking about what it may be doing to them, and the fact that they can't communicate how they feel, is too sad to put into words. I'm having a hard time ignoring such absurdity, post WD, and seeing the world in a whole new way....

You know what I wonder? If some whale is released from Sea World with withdrawal issues.

And I'm not trying to be funny...how would a creature deal with that?

Iggy

I thought that too 88!  It's criminal.  I will never step foot into a Sea World again.....

I have a friend who is a social worker who used to say you can tell a lot about a culture by the way they treat their animals....

[01...]

What Seaworld does is criminal.

Really horrible stuff going on there.

Or a captivity is so cruel.

David Kirby wrote " death at sea world" and will tell you all about it.

Washington is moving to ban orca and dolphins captivity.

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y.....

Also the movie  "black fish " has caused sea world to lose over a millions visitors is what I understand from some articles I read recently.

Anyone who goes to Seaworld and thinks the orca swimming through some hoop and " waving" at us ....

REALLY?

Sorry, rant rant. This cause is really dear to me. And I can't share it enough.

There is proof that Sea World drugs their orca's and they use crazy amounts of antibiotics in the water, too.

Sick, no?

Anyway... Hope you're all doing well, under the circumstances. :D

"We do not use benzodiazepines over long periods of time," Johnson said, mentioning that the drugs can be addictive. "Dose ranges vary, depending on the species."

This veterinarian thankfully seems to be more aware of the long term consequences than some of the doctors we've come across. Who knows what's next, race horses given V to help with anxiety and insomnia before tomorrow's big race.

All in the name of entertainment.

They give them to dogs as well.

Fortunately I doubt that too many dogs have had to go through what we are going through cause I doubt that most of them end up taking enough to develop a dependence but if dogs did develop a dependence that caused awful symptoms that could be linked to the benzo use could you imagine the lynch mob that would descend on the drug companies and vets that provide the meds?

Sadly I think that some people care a lot more about animals than they do people these days. All it would take is for a few poor dogs to be whimpering in the corner and people would be up in arms. Many of us end up whimpering in the corner and no one seems to care. If we were  dogs we wouldn't have to deal with the doubt and disbelief, and there is something very wrong with that.

They give them to dogs as well.

Fortunately I doubt that too many dogs have had to go through what we are going through cause I doubt that most of them end up taking enough to develop a dependence but if dogs did develop a dependence that caused awful symptoms that could be linked to the benzo use could you imagine the lynch mob that would descend on the drug companies and vets that provide the meds?

Sadly I think that some people care a lot more about animals than they do people these days. All it would take is for a few poor dogs to be whimpering in the corner and people would be up in arms. Many of us end up whimpering in the corner and no one seems to care. If we were  dogs we wouldn't have to deal with the doubt and disbelief, and there is something very wrong with that.

I think you are right FG. Although not so much for animals we end up eating.....

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I couldn't read this article. Seeing Blackfish was so, so sad. It makes me want to cry even now. I wouldn't be surprised at what Sea World does. It needs to close down. These animals cannot keep being treated as circus performers. They are majestic, beautiful creatures and need to be free to roam the oceans with their families.

[01...]

Oh, I couldn't read this article. Seeing Blackfish was so, so sad. It makes me want to cry even now. I wouldn't be surprised at what Sea World does. It needs to close down. These animals cannot keep being treated as circus performers. They are majestic, beautiful creatures and need to be free to roam the oceans with their families.

:thumbsup:

Exactly...

Yeah, the movie was super horrible. I'm so glad about this all to more people's attention.