Back to the drawing board: SG and others plz help!

[sp...]

Hi there everyone,

So I am at 7 mg via shaving and feeling pretty stable. Waited until I received results of pre-diabetes test from new Doc before I decided on method of titration. This tiny bodied runner has become pre-diabetic as a result of the benzo and stress and fear??? Even after a 10 day no carb diet, fasting blood sugar still running high. The point is my GP doesn't want me titrating with vodka or milk as they are both sugars. Can I try to do it with almond or coconut milk? If not, any other ideas?? I am at my circular wit's end.

Thank you!!!!

xoxoSC

[ff...]

Hi,

Only whole, full fat, homogenous milk will work, the other milk's have quite a bit of sugar in them and lack the "fat" required for the V to adhere to.

I have dosed all liquid from 12 mg's V with whole milk. I use a simple 1:10 ratio, so even from 12 mg's V, I used 120 mL's whole, full fat milk. It's not a lot of liquid. Now I use 50 mL's.

If you use the same ratio 1:10, and dose pills & liquid, you would use very little milk. These high dilutions of 1:100 are unnecessary.

You do have options, using a lower dilution of milk(1:10, 1:20).

You could also use prescription liquid V, though I cannot comment on it as I have never used it.

The amount of alcohol used is very tiny, if that matters.  People find 1 or 2ml is enough.  This is about as much as the tip of a finger up to the first knuckle.  Tiny.  I'd stay away from unknown milk liquids as Benzo-off said.

But there are other methods.  Are the ingredients in liquid V okay?  You could suspend it in Ora Plus (if the ingredients are okay).  Your doc could write a script for a compounded version that met your needs.  Then if liquids fail there is always pill filing with a .001g scale.  You have options.

Hi there everyone,

So I am at 7 mg via shaving and feeling pretty stable. Waited until I received results of pre-diabetes test from new Doc before I decided on method of titration. This tiny bodied runner has become pre-diabetic as a result of the benzo and stress and fear??? Even after a 10 day no carb diet, fasting blood sugar still running high. The point is my GP doesn't want me titrating with vodka or milk as they are both sugars. Can I try to do it with almond or coconut milk? If not, any other ideas?? I am at my circular wit's end.

Thank you!!!!

xoxoSC

Does he understand that you will only a max of 1ml vodka (.4ml alcohol) per day?  FWIW, that's .2 teaspoons vodka or less than .1 teaspoon alcohol.

[ff...]
Once you are used to the delivery method of liquid dosing, I would start out slowly, removing .01 mg's daily (that's the first .1 on a 1mL syringe). I'm conservative in suggestions and base them on my own experience. It's what I started with and I have been able to increase it to .02 mg's daily reductions. I haven't been able to tolerate a higher cut. You may be able to, it's hard to say.

Just an fyi...I never had blood sugar problems and I am now considered pre diabetic.  I looked it up and the ADA recenlty expanded the glucose ranges which made that now 1/3 of the US and half of china are pre diabetic. Many health organizations are against the classification including most in europe.  My blood clucose was 106.  The drug companies now advertise drugs that are for pre diabeties.  I am not saying to watch and monitor but avoid getting caught up in the big machine.

I totally agree, Drew. Mine was 101, but everything else in my profile is stellar. I do trust this doctor however and chose her because she is AGAINST big pharma. I think she is just worried because I am a cancer survivor and studies show lower glucose indicates less recurrence. In any case, I just heard from her nurse and she said full fat milk is okay. So, next step is let it sit for a day, right? Then, how long do I stay at 7 mg with one of those mgs. in milk?

Thank you all!!!!

Unless they are way out of range, blood glucose readings of a point in time are not very meaningful.  You can get widely divergent readings just a few minutes apart.  And a reading of 101 is not any cause for concern, anyway.

A much  more meaningful and reliable metric is A1c.  This is a measure of your average blood sugar levels over the past 60-90 days.

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/a1c/

Unless they are way out of range, blood glucose readings of a point in time are not very meaningful.  You can get widely divergent readings just a few minutes apart.  And a reading of 101 is not any cause for concern, anyway.

A much  more meaningful and reliable metric is A1c.  This is a measure of your average blood sugar levels over the past 60-90 days.

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/a1c/

The A1c is the one they lowered.  Mine was 5.9 and they moved it from 6.0 won to 5.7 in the new definitions.

https://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2014/07/pre-diabetes-diagnosis-has-little-value-say-two-experts

The A1c is the one they lowered.  Mine was 5.9 and they moved it from 6.0 won to 5.7 in the new definitions.

https://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2014/07/pre-diabetes-diagnosis-has-little-value-say-two-experts

Oh, I'm not promoting the ADA, or defending their diagnostic threshold.  I'm only making the point that single-point blood glucose readings have very little meaningful value.

[ff...]

I totally agree, Drew. Mine was 101, but everything else in my profile is stellar. I do trust this doctor however and chose her because she is AGAINST big pharma. I think she is just worried because I am a cancer survivor and studies show lower glucose indicates less recurrence. In any case, I just heard from her nurse and she said full fat milk is okay. So, next step is let it sit for a day, right? Then, how long do I stay at 7 mg with one of those mgs. in milk?

Thank you all!!!!

I do at least 12 hours, in the fridge, shaking 2-3 times. Swirl before drinking and then, rinse lid and jar with water and drink that also. A good 10 days to 2 weeks before starting to remove anything.

Builder-I know you weren't.  :thumbsup: When I got that news I originally was so nervous.  We are all worried about our health detoriating during this journey and that was like a knife in my side until I researched.   

Thank you all!!!!

I do at least 12 hours, in the fridge, shaking 2-3 times. Swirl before drinking and then, rinse lid and jar with water and drink that also. A good 10 days to 2 weeks before starting to remove anything.

Uhh...I think she's asking how long to hold at the 7mg dose, not how long to soak/dissolve the tablet. :)

Since some people seem to have some reaction to a change in dosing protocol, its probably a good idea to hold you dose at your current 7mg for 7-10 days before starting/continuing your taper.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

So, I had some medical issues semi-resolved (I still think the high blood glucose is due to all this nonsense and stress) and stayed at 6.5 drycutting into halves for the last two weeks. I had broken, but relatively dream-filled restful sleep. Four nights ago I started the milk titration (finally!!!). Last two nights sleep has deteriorated--with early cortisol waking. How long do I give staying with the milk titration before I decide whether or not it's working for me?

Thank you, as always, for your expertise and help!

SC

Hello everyone,

So, I had some medical issues semi-resolved (I still think the high blood glucose is due to all this nonsense and stress) and stayed at 6.5 drycutting into halves for the last two weeks. I had broken, but relatively dream-filled restful sleep. Four nights ago I started the milk titration (finally!!!). Last two nights sleep has deteriorated--with early cortisol waking. How long do I give staying with the milk titration before I decide whether or not it's working for me?

Thank you, as always, for your expertise and help!

SC

Hi SC  :thumbsup: there's excellent info on this link by Diaz Pam http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova,

Yes, thank you, I am familiar with this link and the info. My question is (which is not answered in DP's great and helpful post), is how long do I stay at 6.5 (with 1 mg. dissolved in 10 ml milk) before I know whether this delivery method is working for me or not (before cutting anything)? :)

Anyone else have any thoughts about how long to give it?

Hi Nova,

Yes, thank you, I am familiar with this link and the info. My question is (which is not answered in DP's great and helpful post), is how long do I stay at 6.5 (with 1 mg. dissolved in 10 ml milk) before I know whether this delivery method is working for me or not (before cutting anything)? :)

Anyone else have any thoughts about how long to give it?

Hi SC,  :hug: your probably more likely to get an answer or see what you need to know  over on the Diazepam and Valium support thread as there's a lot of us under going the same thing and this subject is very  active on there http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi SC, It is common to need an adjustment period and two weeks of liquid dosing with no cuts seems to be a popular amount of time to allow for adjustment.

Thanks, SG. If my sleep doesn't get back to acceptable by then, should I assume my dry cutting and hold method works better or would you suggest that eventually, liquid is inevitable if I don't want to suffer?

Hi SG and Benzo-off and Builder and anyone else who has replied to this thread. Last night was the 4th night of less than 4 hours of sleep with huge arenaline urge wake-ups after the 8th night of switching to .5 mg of my dose in milk with NO reductions. I do not think I can give up this much sleep...and stay at my job. If I keep holding will my sleep come back or should I consider this a wash, as I was at 6.5 dry for two weeks and sleeping 6, if broken, hours.

Please advise. Thank you for all of your help!

SC

Hi SC,

Are you doing any type of exercise? I know it's a difficult thing to comprehend when feeling so incredibly shitty,but that is what helped my sleep. I started walking...and walking, and walking. That and magnesium-L-theonate.

TH