Author Topic: ANXIETY IS GETTING WORSE WHILE TAPERING....IF I HOLD WILL IT HELP????  (Read 3843 times)

[Buddie]

Re: ANXIETY IS GETTING WORSE WHILE TAPERING....IF I HOLD WILL IT HELP????
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 01:29:57 am »
I am afraid the anxiety will get stronger as I go lower & how I am I gonna handle this?  this worries me & got really bad in ct.....& it made me go back on the benzo.............

so I am worried that my cns is ruined............going slow it is higher ...........if I keep going slow how much worse will I get?

would an ssri like lexapro help at all with benzo anxiety?  some anxiety is no doubt mental now from the fear...so anyone have experience in taking a ssri to get off this?

Alot of people feel better as they get lower! Try not to worry about it, just wait and see. I think your going to do fine!  :thumbsup:

Unless there's severe depression I wouldnt go on a AD. I was on meds for depression and I still suffered, then I had to get off them too (still have 1 to go  :sick: ) . Make sure your eating right, exercising, doing deep breathing, positive thinking and distraction and see if that helps any.

Hang in there!

Amanda  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 04:53:45 am »
thank you all for replying..I am worried ...I have anxiety really bad like I can't control it.....I feel like something has taken over my brain and that I am not able to stop the scarey thoughts of my mind getting anxious and frightened and i pour out in horrible sweating for the past week and totally in terror and I dunno why...I try and relax and watch tv and the bad thoughts come back in my brain like telling me that I am not normal and my brain is ruined and I will not be normal and then I get anxious and sweat and get more scared and feel like puking and unwell all the time...I am having hot flashes over and over again and the sweat keeps coming and then I get more scared and anxious and fearful...it is like a constant thing that will not let up...mostly mental with coming off this hell...and wondering if anyone else feels like this or thinks like this?  how can I pull out of this?  why am I sweating so much now?  I have held for 8 days and the body sx's are not as bad but now I have loads of sweating and more fear and anxiety and i fear the fear and it gets to building...what is going on?  I feel my brain and mind is warped.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 12:16:37 pm »
Hi [...],

Make a cut.  Holding is not helping you.  You need to keep going.  Your fears are taking over your mind.  Yes, it is rough but you CAN do this.  Sweating is a very, very common symptom and nothing to worry about.  Hugs and kisses.

[...]  xo

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 12:36:09 pm »
Hi Whata,

You're going through the process. Benzos cause anxiety > anxiety causes symptoms > symptoms cause anxiety > anxiety causes symptoms. I've been where you are -- heck, I'm there right now -- and you just have to concentrate really hard on whatever you're doing. I used to sweat all the time and then it went away for a couple of months but now it's back. It's just another s/x.  I look at it as being a good part of my weight loss program!  :)

Find a deep breathing CD. Take a walk outside. Learn chigong (qi gong, lots of different spellings). Look into cognitive behavior therapy (CBT).  You can do this!! The more you learn to manage it, the easier it will be.

Take care,

ginger

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 01:01:22 pm »
Not to recommend drugs on top of drugs, but Buspar has been helpful to me in the past.  Buspar is an anti-anxiety drug.  BUT I didn't take it with a benzo.

Hope you feel better soon!

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 09:35:08 pm »
Hi and thanks for your help....I was given buspar and never took it [...]...did it help?  I am afraid as I looked it up and said it can cause permanent damage.

also thanks for all of your help...I just dunno what to do..I went to the ER today cuz my bp spiked and sweat poured out more and anxiety so high I can't control the feeling...it is horrible..and if I knew that holding would bring the anxiety down...I would hold and then go lower and go even slower..but I dunno if holding is gonna do a dang thing.  8 days may not be enough..I heard others holding for a month or more.

I know that being on .310 is not enough and the dose a have been coming off of...  .5 was not enough either cuz I was in tolerance.  but I did not feel this high level of anxiety.

If I knew something that would take the edge off this anxiety I could get off this faster and I remembered in ct I was given lyrica and xyprexa and wondering if I took that along with tapering would that help to get rid of the anxiety or hurt my taper?

holding seems it would eventually work ..right?  doesn't each bit taken off the gaba begins to repair ????  and it would repair so I won't feel so anxious and then move forward?

thanks for your imput.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 11:54:29 pm »
Hi [...],

I can tell you're experiencing a lot of fear, I think that is your worst enemy right now.  I've never felt fear like I did when I was in withdrawal.  There were times I would have a moment that wasn't filled with terror and I'd be amazed at what that felt like.  Then, of course the fear would return....I can only advise you on what I think you need to be doing right now to combat this, it's only my opinion. 

Please try to accept what's happening to you.  This is withdrawal, it's a known fact that withdrawal can cause all of the things that you're so afraid of right now.  If you can accept your fear, that this is part of your healing, then the anxiety should lessen. 

Try not to look for other chemicals to get you through this.  We don't recommend adding any more chemicals to our already over burdened central nervous systems.  What you're living with right now is what has to happen for you to heal, this is the only way out.  If you can accept that, then maybe you can begin to look for natural ways to help yourself feel better. 

I know it's difficult, I lived it too but if you stay your course with your taper you'll eventually be done and you'll get your life back.

So much of this process is mental, you have the power to take away some of your own suffering if you try.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 09:26:26 am »
Sorry, I did not know buspar could cause serious damage.  Seems like everything causes permanent damage...

I sure hope you start feeling better soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 07:08:22 am »
well I keep having a lot of anxiety and yes the fear is not managed and I think there is something wrong in my brain cuz I am so afraid and the anxiety is horendous...and that makes me scared if I go lower ...what will  happen....and then I have some high estrogen levels and the doc did not give me progestrone to go with it so I dunno if I can stop cold turkey on the estrogen to bring it down as I have estrogen dominance and wonder if this can cause trouble.?  maybe that can cause some anxiety too?  I dunno...hell.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 03:04:27 pm »
well I keep having a lot of anxiety and yes the fear is not managed and I think there is something wrong in my brain cuz I am so afraid and the anxiety is horendous...and that makes me scared if I go lower ...what will  happen....and then I have some high estrogen levels and the doc did not give me progestrone to go with it so I dunno if I can stop cold turkey on the estrogen to bring it down as I have estrogen dominance and wonder if this can cause trouble.?  maybe that can cause some anxiety too?  I dunno...hell.

Hormones can play a part in having anxiety.