The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

[e3...]

I can assure you that I do NOT look like my lapis blue dog!  ;D

Very good to hear Lapis!I think you might be a gonner if you were that color! :laugh:

Very good to hear Lapis!I think you might be a gonner if you were that color! :laugh:

Yes, well, depending on the day, I might feel more purple or pink. Other than that recent fainting spell, I've tried to stay away from blue, yellow and green skin tones. They just don't look good with my hair.  :D

[e3...]

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/12/22/1226228/694179-people-who-look-like-their-pets.jpg

:2funny:

[e3...]

Yes, well, depending on the day, I might feel more purple or pink. Other than that recent fainting spell, I've tried to stay away from blue, yellow and green skin tones. They just don't look good with my hair.  :D

:laugh:

The owner is on the left btw. Uncanny!

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/12/22/1226228/694179-people-who-look-like-their-pets.jpg

Opticians are only qualified to make eyeglasses...ophthalmologists are equipped to see floaters and perform tests to check for disease. Developing multiple floaters in a short time can be a red flag.

As far as "boatiness" from Benzo or psychiatric drug use, I don't know if there's such a thing as relapsing, or something triggering it after your systems get back to baseline.

But I'm probably going to avoid any long exposure to passive motion, whether by boat, plane, etc. until I'm healed, for fear of exacerbating the problem.

I don't know what country you live in, but here we call it 'going to the opticians'. Those people employed within the opticians ARE qualified ophthalmologists. They check pressure, back of the eye, dilute the eye etc. They often spot signs of brain tumours and glaucoma. They said they can't see floaters but do see a slight sensitivity to light, however they got that information, god knows.

My optometrist here in Canada is qualified to do quite a thorough eye exam, including retinal scans and other types of testing. If he has any concerns, he refers to an opthalmologist, but I feel I'm in good hands with him. I had some light flashes, and they turned out to be age-related changes. What I had was apparently quite common, but it did need to be checked out and diagnosed. I still get them occasionally (far left edge of the eye), but they're not bothersome.

I stand corrected!  :)

Looked it up and turns out the main difference between the two is ophthalmologists can perform surgery.

Anyway, from what I've read, they should be able to observe your floaters. If you dare, there's a treatment that uses laser pulses to literally evaporate them. Find a very experienced practitioner.

it's 5am morning time and have no idea why the hell i am so up right now but this sure gave me some giggles. :laugh:

Well, giggling is way better than crying, prettydaisys! Good to hear from you.

Shook, you said you "stand corrected", and I worried that you might fall down if you're dizzy while standing corrected. If so, I recommend sitting corrected. Much safer.  ;D

I hope everyone is doing okay today. I've got another 8 today, so it's one of those days where I have to take a deep breath and find the patience to get through it without getting extremely frustrated and angry at my body. I hate having to keep my expectations low, but I find that it's the only way to deal with this kind of dizziness. I've got some writing tasks to do, so I'll focus on those.

Take care, Everyone!

Well, giggling is way better than crying, prettydaisys! Good to hear from you.

Shook, you said you "stand corrected", and I worried that you might fall down if you're dizzy while standing corrected. If so, I recommend sitting corrected. Much safer.  ;D

I hope everyone is doing okay today. I've got another 8 today, so it's one of those days where I have to take a deep breath and find the patience to get through it without getting extremely frustrated and angry at my body. I hate having to keep my expectations low, but I find that it's the only way to deal with this kind of dizziness. I've got some writing tasks to do, so I'll focus on those.

Take care, Everyone!

One day you'll stand corrected too, Lapis!  :) But I was actually laying down corrected and completely safe.

Did you listen to the two YouTube vids I posted links to? The meditation one talks about feeling angry and betrayed by your body. And betrayed by your f****** GP. Worth listening to as it addresses most of what's probably going through your mind.

What writing tasks, may I ask? I knew you were a writer! With your impeccable grammar and punctuation!

Hi prettydaisys! Glad you got some giggles!  :)

[e3...]

Hi everyone!Had a horrible night of no sleep, shaking and jitters with anxiety through the roof.Anxious,internal shaking and dizzy today,so no trip to the store for me.My husband went for me and got a few things we needed.

I feel so angry today and just plain depressed I am still so stinkin sick.It is one of those days where it feels like this will never end.Another holiday weekend where I feel too crappy to do much. :sick:

How are you all doing?

Lapis,I am so sorry you are having another awful #8 today!How do we do this everyday???

Question for you guys,do any of you still get this toxic internal shaking?I swear some days I feel like I have Parkinson's,yet I look at my hands,and they aren't shaking on the outside,just the internal stuff!So crazy!

[e3...]

Thankyou Shook!Reminds me of that cool poster in the 70's that said ''HANG IN THERE BABY!" :smitten:

I hope your day isn't too rough. :)

That was probably the second biggest selling poster after Farrah Fawcett in a swimsuit!

Thanks, my day is ok. Not living but more just existing right now!  :)

Aww, 2200, I'm so sorry today's such a crappy peedoodling stinker of a day.  :hug: 

That inner shaking, I'm guessing it's different from the garden variety vibrations, right?  For me, all these more common symptoms I had mainly during my days on the benzo ... got some interesting looks from doctors when I tried explaining how I had a motor constantly vibrating inside my body :o.  They started easing up even as I was withdrawing and were so minor compared with my main debilitating Kings, that I honestly didn't have much gray matter reserves to pay much attention to them.

That inner trembling, I'm not sure if you're describing it as connected to anxiety or as a stand alone?  As a stand alone, yes, I do still get it every once in awhile, very infrequently though, where I put out my hand and am amazed it's not trembling.  Have you tried taking a very hot bath?  I find that's my Number One go to for these types of events, for some reason it really does work.  Maybe you can add a few drops of lavender oil as well, for the anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon!  :smitten:

Quiz time?

What Kind Of Crazy Are You?

https://quizsocial.com/what-kind-of-crazy-are-you/

Note:  If you reach a blank page in the middle of doing the quiz, and stare at it forever wondering what's going on, and backspace out of it, and then restart the quiz from the beginning, etc.  Well, don't waste your time doing that (like someone else did  :idiot:) just hit the "skip advertisement" and you'll be back on track.

This is me ...  :-\

Crazy Brave

If the only thing to fear is fear itself, then you've got that one beat, too. You throw caution to the wind and put yourself in harm's way whenever you feel like it. We need more people like you!

[e3...]

Aww, 2200, I'm so sorry today's such a crappy peedoodling stinker of a day.  :hug: 

That inner shaking, I'm guessing it's different from the garden variety vibrations, right?  For me, all these more common symptoms I had mainly during my days on the benzo ... got some interesting looks from doctors when I tried explaining how I had a motor constantly vibrating inside my body :o.  They started easing up even as I was withdrawing and were so minor compared with my main debilitating Kings, that I honestly didn't have much gray matter reserves to pay much attention to them.

That inner trembling, I'm not sure if you're describing it as connected to anxiety or as a stand alone?  As a stand alone, yes, I do still get it every once in awhile, very infrequently though, where I put out my hand and am amazed it's not trembling.  Have you tried taking a very hot bath?  I find that's my Number One go to for these types of events, for some reason it really does work.  Maybe you can add a few drops of lavender oil as well, for the anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon!  :smitten:

Thanks abcd!I appreciate the kind words!Yah,the internal stuff is like a trembling/motor kind of feeling that always comes with a hefty dose of anxiety.What's kinda funny is when it happens and my cat is near,she stares at me weird like she thinks I'm purring! :laugh:

I like the hot bath idea.Makes me wish we had a hot tub,I would live in there!A TV and some cold drinks and I would feel like I was at a spa!

I did have to go around our yard today and put some rodent gas bombs in their tunnels to get rid of  moles.This is an extra bad year for them,there are so many hills in our yard and the fields around us.It is like they raped and pilaged the prairie up here!

They dig up around our well and house,and can cause a lot of damage.

Normally I am sort of sad to have to do in the little goobers,but today I feel so sick and hawked off,I'm like take this you little punks,while shoving the gas sticks in their tunnels!

:laugh:

Take a few of those rodents out for me! Get those goobers!!  :D

(Note to self: don't upset 2200. She has taken a bad turn since reaching 666 posts)

Hellooooooo!

I missed all of the action around here earlier today!

Shook, I'm glad you were lying down corrected. Yes, completely safe. If you're already on the ground (or on the bed), then hopefully, you can't fall any further down. You can only go up from there. (BTW, my writing tasks are rather boring -- just a couple of things that require concentration and attention to detail.)

2200, please say hello to the little goobers for me, but do tell them to get the heck off your property! Don't they know they're pissing off a dizzy dame? Silly goobers.

On the question of internal motors, I don't think I have that, exactly, but I'd say the low-level anxiety is there quite a bit, and it ramps up on dizzier or more stressful days. Something stressful happened yesterday, and I turned to mush -- shaking hands, jello legs, etc. Quite non-functional. I didn't really recover very well, and even though I was less dizzy yesterday, my legs just felt crappy all day.

abcd, like you, I'm apparently "Crazy Brave", according to your quiz thingo. I doubt that's true, but it was nice of them to say. Nope, I'd say I'm a quivering scaredy-cat these days! I just need some non-dizzy days and a chance to walk, and I might feel brave again. For now, I just feel "Crazy Dizzy". Hayulp! Hayulp!

I got "crazy smart".

As in "too smart for your own good". As in "smart enough to think yourself into a corner". As in "blondes have more fun".

Got stuck for awhile at that Lexus ad!  :idiot: