Author Topic: The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying  (Read 307442 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying
« Reply #7110 on: October 16, 2020, 12:16:56 pm »
Hi All,
[...], I'm glad to hear that things have settled down for you following your flu shot. I haven't had any of those before, so I can't weigh in either way. But I do agree that everyone is different when it comes to such things.

Keep up the good work, though. It sounds like you're doing your best, which is all any of us [...].  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7111 on: October 17, 2020, 06:21:20 pm »
Hello [...]. Glad to hear from you. I'm still working on my walking around. It's little improvement but I'[...] take it. I was able to stand 15 minutes without going back to bed last night. That allowed me to stand in the mirror to wash my face, comb my hair and brush my teeth in the bathroom instead of sitting. Felt great! Wow I was so boaty afterwards. I'm just trying to tell my brain it's ok for me to do normal things. No need to try to make me faint !  :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7112 on: October 18, 2020, 04:04:05 am »
Get a small stool for your bathroom.  I sit down all the time to brush my teeth after I hurt my lower back years ago.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7113 on: October 18, 2020, 12:10:05 pm »
I have an interesting piece of news from a friend who is, like me, going through perimenopause. She, too, is in her mid-50s and having a range of symptoms. Guess what? She's dizzy. Not all the time, but I know she had a severe bout of it a couple of days ago. It's not the first time, either. Having found a number of references to dizziness as a possible symptom of perimenopause, I find it [...] interesting to hear of these recent experiences that my friend is having. I'm sure that's a factor for me and that it's complicating my post-medication-withdrawal dizziness.

Anyway, it's not as if she or I are interested in taking any sort of medication (e.g. hormones), but it does point to the fact that changing hormones can play a role in balance problems for women. I've certainly seen it mentioned numerous times in the medical literature about the Mal de Debarquement Syndrome. I haven't come across any new studies on this topic recently, but if I do, I'[...] post them here.

Take care all!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7114 on: October 19, 2020, 12:57:24 am »
I'm 9 6rs off, ct long term benzos.

Still uneasy taking a shower.
Fear of falling, too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7115 on: October 19, 2020, 08:20:07 am »
Hi All,
[...], I'm glad to hear that things have settled down for you following your flu shot. I haven't had any of those before, so I can't weigh in either way. But I do agree that everyone is different when it comes to such things.

Keep up the good work, though. It sounds like you're doing your best, which is all any of us [...].  :)

Thanks [...]

I am much much better now, but that first night was a doozey! I had about 2-3 days of the flu like symptoms that some people get from it. I'm almost back to where I was pre flu shot. It was like a 2 or 3 day "blip". It made it obvious that any stress on the system for me can bring on some symptoms still. Hopefully that will continue to fade into the past as the months and years pass.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7116 on: October 19, 2020, 12:07:02 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks [...]

I am much much better now, but that first night was a doozey! I had about 2-3 days of the flu like symptoms that some people get from it. I'm almost back to where I was pre flu shot. It was like a 2 or 3 day "blip". It made it obvious that any stress on the system for me can bring on some symptoms still. Hopefully that will continue to fade into the past as the months and years pass.

Great news, [...] F! Glad you're feeling better. Also, I [...] that eases any worries you may have about how long it might take you to get back to where you were before a particular stressor. It only took a few days.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7117 on: October 19, 2020, 04:48:03 pm »
Glad to hear it's settled down, [...]  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7118 on: October 21, 2020, 03:23:40 am »
I would really appreciate some support—I've been dizzy now for 5 straight months, with only a few hours of relief during that entire time. I just can't believe that I will wake up one day and it will be gone, despite what other buddies say. Almost everything I eat seems to trigger a headache or more head rushing/throbbing that feels like dizziness, even on a low glutamate/tyramine diet. I'm so worn out from this and frustrated because it is going on for so long. Any advice or words of wisdom? Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7119 on: October 22, 2020, 09:02:08 pm »
I'm sorry you're dealing with this terrible symptom. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat with dizziness/ boatiness. I've had it for about 7 months. Just the past couple of weeks I've seen improvement. I'ts less intense and almost disappears when I have a window. I also was shocked but happy when I read it just goes away one day. I'd rather have it as an annoyance for awhile than forever. I know you get tired of it, it's disruptive and hard to deal with but what helps me to dismiss those facts is when I chose to look at it positively. I know it sounds[...] but I'd rather not impose added stress on top of dealing with it. I look at it as my brain is trying to heal/ figure out its normalcy. That takes time & patience. If I chose to always be stressed out about it or be positive....either way it will heal when it can. I do everything carefully within my means until it goes away. I would suggest you do be careful and modify some of the things you do to prevent injuries. I also have low glutamate/gluten free diet but it hasn't made any difference in my boatiness. But I'm sticking with it because it's healthier. I'm also worn out everyday because it requires your muscles to work hard for balance. Keep them stretched gently and warm. My biggest advice is Accept it, Expect it & Embrace it. Eventually it will be but a memory.