I need a plan........

[...]

Just to be sure you are doing this correctly, you do use a whole pill with 100ml of liquid, and then drink just 45ml from the 100ml - yes? Additionally, you do keep the liquid agitated so that the benzo powder does not settle, don't you?

If all else fails, then maybe you could try switching to 1mg at night, and taking 45ml from the 100ml during the day. What do you think?

Hi, It has been about a week since I started titration.Sleep is tolerable at night but every afternoon I go into very bad  withdrawal and its getting worse. I take 1 whole 1mg  pill  and 20 ml of the titrated liquid at bedtime and 20 ml of the liquid during the day.Any suggestions?

Hi, It has been about a week since I started titration.Sleep is tolerable at night but every afternoon I go into very bad  withdrawal and its getting worse. I take 1 whole 1mg  pill  and 20 ml of the titrated liquid at bedtime and 20 ml of the liquid during the day.Any suggestions?

Sounds like  you are experiencing interdosal withdrawal during the afternoon. You may need to move some more of your night time dose over to the afternoon dose slowly until you feel comfortable.

How much do you suggest?

Colin earlier suggested that you can take the whole titrated amount during the day.

Colin should be back in a day or two and be able to suggest what to do as far as moving some of your night time dose over to the day time before the daytime gets too low.

Hi,

If you are suffering interdose withdrawal effects, you could take half a pill at night, and the 40ml of liquid (or whetever amount you might on now from the 100ml). Then take the other half-pill during the day. This will reduce your nighttime dose slightly, and increase your daytime dose by a corresponding amount. Then, gradually reduse you nighttime dose of liquid (as per your titration plan), until you have finished titrating this first pill. When down to a single pill per day, you will titrate this whole pill, and you can split your daily dose of liquid between your night and daytime doses to best suit your needs.

Hi, Thank you for the reply.Last night I took the whole pill at bedtime and today the 40ml of liquid, is that ok or should I switch to the  1/2 pill at night w/ the40ml of liquid and then 1/2 pill during the day as per your previous post .

Thank you so much for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
My interdose withdrawal symptoms are getting worse and worse. If I take my whole daily dose at night I can sleep well but then I have withdrawal during the day. If I split the dose up , taking part at bedtime and part during the day.....I cant sleep due to withdrawal at night/////////// help.........dont know what to do.

Hi Mik,

You could try moving just a small proportion your nighttime dose and add it to your daytime dose. The easiest way to split up your total dose over the day - into the proportions your require - is to prepare your titrated liquid, pour out the amount not need from the cylinder so that you are left with the titrated dose for the day, as indicated by your schedule, then crush up your second pill and add this to the cylinder. You now have a liquid that contains your whole dose for the day - you can divide this up however you wish. I would recommend that you move just a small part of your nighttime dose each day, as sudden changes can be difficult to take.

As you reduce your titrated dose (I'm taking about the first pill you use to make up the liquid), and you are left with less and less liquid, you will find that there is not enough liquid left to make it easy to divide up over the day. So, when you add the second crushed pill, simply top up the liquid to some convenient level (100ml, say). Doing it this way means that you could always drink 100ml (over the day), and simply divide it up into what you find the most useful proportions between your day and nighttime doses.

For example, if you were on 45ml per day now, you would:

Make up 100ml using one whole pill;

Pour out 55ml so that you left with 45ml;

Crush your second pill and add this to the 45ml in the cylinder;

Top up the cylinder to 100ml;

Take 40ml during the day, and 60ml at night, for example (divide into whatever proportions you feel is best for you).

Hi, please bear with me this is hard for me to figure out.

I currently mix 100ml of water with a 1mg pill to create my titrated liquid, I then take 25ml of the liquid at bedtime along with 1/2mg pill, then during the day I take 1/2mg pill.

Where do I go from here? Thanks so much

Hi,

If 25ml is your present daily dose of titrated benzo, you could instead choose to take 20ml at night (along with your 0.5mg pill dose), and take the remaining 5ml during the day (along with the other 0.5mg pill). Every few days, shift a little more of the nighttime dose to the day, of move just 1ml every day or two if you prefer. It is about making a gradual change, rather than big changes to your routine that you have tried so far. You can continue to make adjustments like this even when titrating your second pill. You will need to experiment to find the best balance for you.