Eliminated midday dose, down to 4mg - which dose to cut next please :)

[...]

Good Morning :)

Just looking for some advice/others experience if possible please.

I am now down to 4mg Valium, taken 2mg 6am and 2mg 6pm after eliminating the midday dose through milk titration.

I am not sure now which dose to start cutting first, my instinct says 1mg/100ml from the 6pm dose as I take remeron at night for sleep appetite.

Anyone else have any suggestions/thoughts/experiences before I start???

Many thanks.

Maa  :smitten:

Hi MAA,  How has your taper gone so far?  I have not seen you around in a while so I hope things have been good.

If it were me I'd taper both doses together.  I wouldn't work on one at a time.  I remember you tapered away the midday dose, but that was because we felt you didn't need it anyway.  But you likely need the two doses you now have so I would not try to get rid of one.

Hey SG :)

It has been going okay thanks, I go super slow as I have a husband that travels internationally most weeks mon-fri and I have a 12 year and 14 year old so I don't rush it!

I am not sure how I would reduce from both doses at once? I prefer to do as little liquid as possible and take the majority of dose as tablets.

Thank you.

Maa x

You liquify 1mg at a time, right?  You can still do that and reduce both doses if you want.

You can split a 2mg pill in half and put 1mg into milk as you do now, take your cut, then split what is left in half by eyeballing them even.  Then, with the remaining 3mg in pills, just split them in half also.

Yes I do 1mg in 100ml.

So, at 6am I would take 1.5mg in tablet form and .5 (50ml) in milk. Then same at 6pm. Do this for a few days to let it settle, then extract say 2ml from 100ml, divide the mixture in 2 equal parts and take as above?

Thanks.

Just makes me feel a bit concerned as lots of cutting pills everyday to get the 1.5 doses and also splitting the milk could add another inaccuracy.

Am probably over thinking again :)

It's good to over-think when it comes to benzos!  But it will be fine.  The inaccuracies are not cuts - your total daily dose is still correct.  Just a little more or less on each dose, but they correct for each other.  If one is a little high then the other will be a little low.

Yes, take your cut first before splitting then just eyeball what is left into two even doses.  And good point about waiting for a while before cutting.  Each time you liquify a new pill I think the same switching effect happens.

• 2 months later...

Hi :)

Sorry I went AWOL for a while, when I got to 4mg I got a bad dose of flu, then my husband was away for about 3 weeks so I was on own with kids, then my pharmacy changed my brand of Diaz so I had issues settling with that, and finally my kids were home on easter break for 3 weeks.

So, all in all I have not been able to taper, but am now anxious to start down from the 4mg again.

I just need reminding about how I best do this - SG I think you said as I dose 2mg am and 2mg pm, I should put 1mg in 100ml full fat milk, then split that 100ml in half again. I then take 1.5 in morning pill form and .5 in milk form. Repeat for evening dose. Do thus for a week before starting reduction? Does that sound correct?

I am concerned that it seems like a lot of pill cutting, but I guess that evens out as it is all taken within 24 hours right.

I am nervous about getting started again as last time I took a hit for a few days when I switched.

Thank you.

Maa x

Hey MAA!  Good to see you back!

Yes, it all looks correct.  You can do 1mg in 100ml.  I have the same concern that the pill is being split, but a good trick for that is to use the other half of the same pill the next day.  It should be fine.  If I were doing it I'd use the full pill and cut half as much.  This avoids any pill splitting, but 1/100 will be okay too.

And yes, when you switch give it time.  A week or two.  Whatever is needed.  When ready to cut, take it before you split into doses.

Hi maa good to see you back .I've just finished a 0.5mg cut and down to 3mg .I too am scared to do my next titration as this time it will be 1mg in milk .I'm going to drink full liquid for a couple of weeks as I did feel a cut doing my first liquid .good luck .hope you do ok

Hi Tragaz :)

Good to hear from you!

Well done on being down to 3mg, that is fantastic.

I just started drinking the milk this morning, I am anticipating a bit of a reaction as I had last time. Really a lot of my symptoms seem to be hormone based. When they fluctuate I feel bad.

Let me know how you get on with your next 1mg.

Take good care.

Maa x

So, day 5 of taking the full milk dose and no reaction like I had the last time I switched a dose to liquid.

Am wondering if I should start tapering down now or wait a few more days just to be sure.

I will only be doing 1.5ml reduction per day.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thank you.

Maa :)

So, day 5 of taking the full milk dose and no reaction like I had the last time I switched a dose to liquid.

Am wondering if I should start tapering down now or wait a few more days just to be sure.

I will only be doing 1.5ml reduction per day.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thank you.

Maa :)

Well, that is good news, but I would still wait.  Symptoms have lag times and it can take more than a week to feel them.