Antidepressant Dressed Up for Menopause

[Qu...]

I posted this on a similar thread the other day - and because I'm lazy I'll just copy and paste...lol....  The sooner women start educating themselves about menopause, and stop believing everything they read on the internet or what their doctors say, the better off they'll be.......

Sadly using drugs like ADs and benzos to treat menopausal women is nothing new or unusual. It’s been going on for years. It’s all because of the fraudulent information that has been getting put out in the media, particularly over the last 10-15 years, about properly regulated hormone therapies. HRT has become a dirty word – without any proof whatsoever that it is dangerous. In fact all the recent studies constantly prove the benefits from using it, but the media doesn't like to mess up a good scare campaign with the truth.

That's the criminal part really. So many women have literally had the fear of god put in to them about using properly regulated hormones, that they will willingly take a toxic drug instead. Or maybe some "natural" alternative product that has had no regulation or testing at all, let alone any proof that it will actually do anything for them.

I feel for all the women who go to their doctors and are given prescriptions for this. It doesn't make any sense at all.

It seems to be all about money and getting bigger profits. And menopause is such a difficult time for so many women that I can see how they'd want to look for something - anything - to relieve their misery.