SaveMe is Saved at 10 Months Out!

[Sa...]

I was contemplating weather I should write a success story, because there's always those thoughts that make me wonder if It's really over or not. But I truly feel healed. This is not just a window, because I still felt something there in windows, even though I felt ok. This is completely different. I've been feeling 100% symptom free for 13 days. I feel really good. I have no mental or physical pain at all. They're all gone.

I was a short time user and was only on 1mg of Ativan for 88 days, actually less than that even, because there were 9 days where I was off it within those 88 days. March 17, 2014 was when I got off Ativan and I only weaned off it for 1 week. A month before getting off it I was on Buspar (a non-narcotic) for 1 year and tapered it for 2 weeks. So, I'm totally medication free. There was only one psych med I took in withdrawal and it was Remeron for sleep. I only took it for around 8 days, so I don't think it had any type of affect on me once so ever. I took it when I was 3 months off the Ativan and in severe pain. 

The reason I took Ativan was over me being in tolerance with the Buspar I was taking for anxiety. I was getting palpitations really bad and freaking out over it and went to a hospital. The doctor at the ER suggested I take Ativan. Against my better judgement, I decided to get on the poison without doing any research.

I drank Kefir while in w/d and went for a ton of walks in my neighborhood. I walked every 30 minutes a day and lost like 50 pounds. The supplements I took were L-theanine, L-tryptophan, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Niacin, Vitamin D and NAC. I drank a ton of water, too.

There were so many things that I did in w/d that made me think I ruined the healing process, but like I said in another thread of mine, there's no way you'll prolong healing unless you take more benzos, street drugs, or became an alcoholic. People used to tell me to distract, but it only worked later in my w/d and definitely not in the beginning or even the middle of it due to the intensity.

Do not trust others in w/d when they say not to take certain supplements or eat certain foods because it revved them up. Just because it did it to them doesn't mean it'll do the same to you. Bread, sweets and caffeine revved me up pretty bad, so I stopped for a while until around a month ago. Now I can eat the type of food I want or drink caffeine. I'm still staying away from coffee and alcohol. Never again! Plus, it's not really good for you. I drink green teas and certain kinds of herbal teas.

There will be so many people that will judge you, because they don't know about benzo withdrawal. I've blocked people on FB who I really trusted and liked, but they went behind my back calling me a tweaker (meth addict) and I'm totally drug free and never was addicted to street drugs. I tried them in my younger days, though. Many years ago. Many will lose patients with you, too. There's so many that can't believe pills from a doctor will do this to you. If people aren't there for you during your struggle, they shouldn't expect you to be there for them during your success! That's the way I see it.

There will be people in w/d that will start trouble in those FB groups especially. I left all those benzo support groups for that reason, after being in benzo withdrawal for 6 months. There's some people in w/d who will turn their backs on you after you healed, out of pure jealousy and I understand. I also was jealous of people who healed, but never turned my backs on them. I'm too real for that!

All The Benzo Withdrawal symptoms That I Had 

Brain zaps, racing thoughts, hearing Voices, irritability to light, blurry vision, dehydration, bad headaches, extreme head pressure, slurred speech, extreme laziness, fatigue, rage, palpitations, intrusive thoughts, suicidal ideation, body shakes, chest pain, difficulty breathing, hair loss, tinnitus, dizziness, body sweats, obsessive thoughts, loss of appetite, extreme body pain, memory loss, hot flashes, skin crawling, extreme depression, heightened anxiety, brain fog, insomnia, derealization, allergic reactions, fear, agoraphobia, vertigo and psychosis.

So good to read your success story SaveMe.....

believe it or not...it made my day thank you.

I knew you right from the start you will recover fairly fast....somehow

the two of us ended up with a few disagreements......smile...

But who cares now.......wish you well.....and a happy future. :)

I am so happy for you. :smitten: I know your journey to get where you are today has often been difficult.  Your post will be an inspiration to others who are currently struggling.

Hi Mood 7, the agoraphobia I had was pretty bad. Never wanted to leave my house or see people. It lifted more and more as time went by. Time goes by so slowly but time can do so much….

Awesome saveme!! This is about where I'm at but still have some anxiety in normally calm situations. Glad your back to your old self again!

What brand L-tryptophan do you use?

CoACO, thank you. You will heal up more. It's amazing how the mental stuff just lifts like a snap of a finger. That's how it was in my case and many others. It goes away fast. I had it for so long and thought I'd be stuck with it. I used the NOW brand, it had some caffeine so I switched to another called Puritan's Pride.

the NOW brand had caffeine in it?  Are you sure?  I only ask because it is promoted to help sleep.  I used it for many many months and never knew that.

CoACO, thank you. You will heal up more. It's amazing how the mental stuff just lifts like a snap of a finger. That's how it was in my case and many others. It just goes away fast. I had it for so long and thought I'd be stuck with it. I used the NOW brand, it had some caffeine so I switched to another called Puritan's Pride.

Thanks for the additional info on the NOW brand- that's why whenever I took it I would be wired!!!!!!! I'll look up the Puritan's Pride- thanks for the REC!!!!!

I have several great days then WHAM get hit but it's less severe and only lasts a day so there's much improvement thanks for the reminder  :D!

No problem. I didn't know it had caffeine in it either. If you check it out you'll see. It still won't harm anything. There's a reason they put caffeine inside it from what I read, but I forgot why.

Wow, I love your story and your advice!! I have many of the symptoms you had plus others so this is amazing to read that you are free of them now!! Thank you so much for sharing this, it's so amazing and it gives me hope!! I'm 5 months out today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Awww thank you so very much!! I'm still in withdrawal and have passed the six month mark. Very scary and frustrating. I hope I'm not stuck in it forever. Thanks so much again  :smitten:

• 3 months later...
Hello! Congrats on being healed! Did the anxiety, bad feelings and thoughts as well as derealization just stop over time or was it sudden?? Thank you!!

• 5 years later...
Hi saveme! Thanks for sharing your success story. I noticed you had tinnitus. I have this too - screaming high pitch ringing in both ears! This is my most debilitating symptom right now. Do you remember when your tinnitus went away? Thanks for your time.

Hi saveme! Thanks for sharing your success story. I noticed you had tinnitus. I have this too - screaming high pitch ringing in both ears! This is my most debilitating symptom right now. Do you remember when your tinnitus went away? Thanks for your time.

If you click on saveme's name you can see when they were last active: 2015, so you won't get a reply from them. But there's plenty of posts on tinnitus. Try not to get too consumed by your symptoms, they will pass in time. It might take 1 person a month to rid themselves of a certain symptom, another person it might take a year. There's no way of knowing unfortunately. But it will pass