Looking for a smooth clonazepam titration taper plan

[go...]

Start date: When I can find all the tools I need. I was only able to find 5ml syringes at my local Walgreens. Browsing around BB it looks like I need at least a 1ml and 10ml syringe along with a couple jars.

Dose: Clonazepam 2 mg/day

Tablet dose: 1 mg tabs

Number of tablets: Two tabs per day

Taper rate: I'd like to start very slow. I'm extremely anxious about doing this, scared I'll have a seizure or go crazy and never come back.

Cylinder details: Still not sure where to buy one but like I said, I've read more than a few times on here that a cylinder is unnecessary.

Additional notes: I'm lactose intolerant so using whole milk would not be ideal. I'd like to use a liquid that leaves no doubt in my mind that the benzo was consumed and maybe even something like vodka or seltzer water where I wouldn't have to crush the tab either.

Thanks in advance!

Well, whole milk is the one we know will work well, but it often is a problem, just as you mention.

I know of one member who substituted Lactaid milk and it seemed to work.  You could try that.

Using alcohol/water with K the way it is used with V and Ativan should work fine as K also dissolves in alcohol/water mixtures, but I know of no one doing this so you would be the first I think.  It's up to you if you want to give that a try.  If it works fine others may benefit.

Did you ask at the pharmacy counter for the syringes?  When I got mine they didn't have them in the store, but when I asked at the counter they gave me a bunch for free.

Well, whole milk is the one we know will work well, but it often is a problem, just as you mention.

I know of one member who substituted Lactaid milk and it seemed to work.  You could try that.

Using alcohol/water with K the way it is used with V and Ativan should work fine as K also dissolves in alcohol/water mixtures, but I know of no one doing this so you would be the first I think.  It's up to you if you want to give that a try.  If it works fine others may benefit.

Did you ask at the pharmacy counter for the syringes?  When I got mine they didn't have them in the store, but when I asked at the counter they gave me a bunch for free.

Well the few videos I've seen on benzo tapering on YT, thought there would be more considering how many people are hooked on this crap, one lady was using distilled water and one guy was using seltzer water because like alcohol, it meant he didn't have to crush the tab. But isn't the point of using whole milk because of the fat content? How are these people tapering with water? Not sure if I want to be the BB guinea pig using alcohol with K.

Yep, went to the pharmacy counter for syringes. Initially got a weird look from the pharm tech but thankfully had a good excuse ready and said it was so I could give my dog his medicine. They only had 5ml and she gave me two for free. Could I still use the 5ml syringes? I'd hate to just toss them being made of plastic and all.

Could you lay out a simple plan based on my dose regardless of the liquid I choose, so I can at least make sure I have the math down? I know the plan is meant to be flexible as everyone tapers differently but it seems every titration taper plan I see, everyone is doing something a little different and of course they have different doses. I'd hate to be in the midst of heavy withdrawal and not know how much to cut, how much to hold or how much to updose, etc.

You can probably tell I'm super anxious about tapering. My mom, who is my safe person, would be at work M-F if anything really bad happens. I keep thinking what if I get a hit so bad I have no choice but to call an ambulance and then once in the ER they just think I'm a junkie and force a detox on me or what if I have a seizure and die and she comes home to find me like that. I know this is recovery and my brain needs to heal but with so many horror stories I think this is why I've waited till year 7 to actually try and cross this bridge. I haven't even started tapering yet and I've been getting these mini panic attacks, sleeping is getting harder and harder, I get this feeling like I've been on a boat all day and due to all my symptoms I've started to limit/fear driving. I just don't know what to do... :'(

Benzos have very poor solubility in water.  Not zero, but very poor.  A tiny amount will dissolve into each ml of water so the limit is very low and it takes a lot of water to create enough capacity to dissolve a pill.  But if you use enough water it can be dissolved.

The syringe you use depends on how much liquid there is.  If you use less a smaller syringe is needed.  As more liquid is used bigger syringes like 5ml and 10ml can be used.  So the syringe is matched to the concentration of benzo in the liquid.

Your dose is 1mg x2 a day, right?  What I would probably do is keep taking one pill dry and liquify the other in 100ml of liquid.  This will make a .01mg/ml concentration which means each ml will contain .01mg.  I'd use a 1ml syringe to make cuts and a 10ml syringe to help cut and also dispense the liquid.  I'd get two well-sealed jars for dosing.  That's all you really need to do this.

I understand about being anxious.  Think of it this way though.  With a daily taper you will be removing only a tiny amount and recovering from that cut on the very same day that you made the cut.  Then the next day you do the same thing.  And each day you wake up you will have the opportunity to assess and ask yourself, "do I feel well enough to cut today?"  If the answer is yes, you cut.  If the answer is no, you hold.  You are in control and we will make sure the cuts you make are within your daily ability to recover.  You'll start slow at a rate that is sure to give good results and test it for a while, then go from there.

Sounds easy enough. I keep thinking how awesome it would be to have cut .3 mg after 1 month and how much of an accomplishment that would be... Can you explain what you mean by using a 10ml syringe to help cut and dispense liquid?

To me it sounds like...

Take 1 mg dry and dissolve 1 mg in 100ml of liquid. Not sure what liquid I'll end up using but I'd really only need 1 jar to start since I'm taking 1 mg dry. So I use the 10ml syringe to pour 100ml of liquid into a jar and dissolve 1 tab, right? So Day 1 of tapering I use the 1ml syringe to cut 1ml down the drain and drink the remaining 99ml. I continue to cut 1ml per day unless I'm not feeling well enough to cut, then I just hold anywhere from a few days to a week and continue with 1ml cuts until I'm down to 1 mg/day and I'm thinking at that point it might be best to break the tab into a morning and night dose since I keep hearing people on K usually need to spread the doses out. Does this sound right?

Btw, thanks for all the help and support!  8)

On the 10ml syringe, you could use the 1ml syringe to do all the cutting, but at some point it will become very laborious as it can only remove 1ml at a time.  Using the 10ml will solve this.

I'm surprised you are not already dosing more than once a day, but dose only as often as you need to.

Cutting 1ml per day would be a .01mg cut - way too big!!  You'll get sick.  I'd suggest more like .15ml (.0015mg) to start.  Test that out, see how it goes, and go from there.  It should give you a good result, which is the point of starting slow.