Need a taper plan please!!!!

[Mo...]

This would be a plan for me. I found a perscriber and need to fogure out how fo do the LT woth Librium! I'm in tolerence wd already and also wanted to know of anyone has done this while in tolerence. Im eating like a horse but can't keep any weight on! Mods any advice here?!

[91...]

Tapering schedules are pretty easy to formulate.  Sometimes harder to stick with (as you know).  Since you're currently at 100 mg, you could simply drop 1 mg per week, and taper for two years.  Sounds like a long time, but you're at a pretty high level.

Alternatively, you could cut by 2 mg per week and get through it in a year.  Neither is a rapid taper.  Both are under 5% every two weeks (at least initially).

Tapering schedules are pretty easy to formulate.  Sometimes harder to stick with (as you know).  Since you're currently at 100 mg, you could simply drop 1 mg per week, and taper for two years.  Sounds like a long time, but you're at a pretty high level.

Alternatively, you could cut by 2 mg per week and get through it in a year.  Neither is a rapid taper.  Both are under 5% every two weeks (at least initially).

The smallest it comes in is 5 mg capsules I take 25 mg x 4 a day. Two years seems like forever, but I know 2 mg a week would be too fast. Last summer when I was tapering by 1 mgs the first 1 mg was a 3 week hold then 1 mg a week till I got to 93 then ended up at the mh and updosed to 95. But this is not then it's now. What would be the best way to do this? Has anyone been in tolerence wd when they start. I have been in tw since Dec. ty Badsocref!!!!

[91...]

Since they're 5 mg pills, you can quarter them and cut 1.25 mg per week.  You take four doses, so just make a cut in one of the doses.  Which one you pick is up to you.  Probably want to cut the dose where you tend to feel the best.  The second week, you can make a 1.25 mg cut in a different dose.  After four weeks, you'd be doing 23.75, 23.75, 23.75, 23.75 (total of 95 mg).  Then you'd pick one to make another 1.25 cut on the fifth week.  This is a nice slow taper.  2.5% every two weeks.

It's not uncommon to begin a taper when one is already in tolerance withdrawal.  You can do this!

Since they're 5 mg pills, you can quarter them and cut 1.25 mg per week.  You take four doses, so just make a cut in one of the doses.  Which one you pick is up to you.  Probably want to cut the dose where you tend to feel the best.  The second week, you can make a 1.25 mg cut in a different dose.  After four weeks, you'd be doing 23.75, 23.75, 23.75, 23.75 (total of 95 mg).  Then you'd pick one to make another 1.25 cut on the fifth week.  This is a nice slow taper.  2.5% every two weeks.

It's not uncommon to begin a taper when one is already in tolerance withdrawal.  You can do this!

They arent pills they are 25 mg capsules 4x a day. I hope I can I hope my body will survive this and my mind! Ty Badsocref I know Oscar did a LT with this so wish I could get a hold of him! Have the facebook people trying to help me come up with a taper plan but all these people are mostly on klonopin or xanax, they think its the same as librium it's not simillar to valium only valium has a much longer half life my body starts feeling it 5 hours out thats why I dose 4x a day. I want to do the slowessst taper possible because I don't wan't to fail again. SG57 any thoughts? Anyone on here ever Lt frim 100 mgs of Librium?

So what Im trying to figure out is the math here i dose 4x 25 mg a day. I want to make a 25% cut one one mg of one of the 25 mg doses using Lt and take the rest regular. My husband stated this is simple math and that if I dissolve a 25 mg capsule of Librium into 100 mil of water that if I pull out 1 mil that will be a .25% of one mg reduction. Is this true? Hes also saying i can use a measuring cup and a spoon and that will work. Although everything ive read says jars and cylinders. Can someone help me out here the goal is for my first drop to be ending in 99.75 instead of 100 for the day, and see how I do from there. Ty guys!! Mo2

[91...]

Your husband's math is correct.  You'd be cutting 0.25% from one dose or 0.063% from your total daily dose.  That's a really really small cut.  And yes, it can be done with spoons and cups.

rr

What I meant to say is I want to cut .25 from 1 mg of one of my 25 mg doses to start. Has anyone taken thr other doses dry and Lt one of the doses?