Advice on liquids and cuts. Hopefully straight to the point. (Clonazepam)

[Fa...]

Starting dose- 1.25 mg Clonazepam no cross over.

[*]Divided by 1 mg am- .25 10 hours later. (Ironically it now interferes with sleep)

Plan is as follows:

[*] Reduce the .25 by .07 daily down to 1 mg. Using whole milk as a suspension.

[*] Once 1 mg is reached, divide into 2 equal daily doses,  daily reduction of .010 which over 14 days equals- .14 in turn means- .86 mg.

[*] Continue this and hold as needed.

I swear I messing up the math here... any help would be much obliged.

I think your plan is way too fast.  A daily cut of .07mg K is beyond huge.  Even .007mg would probably be too big.

A lot of time is needed to taper these drugs properly.  Many months, even years.  I can't even begin to tell you what I would recommend as my numbers are so far different from your expectations.

Thank you for the reply! You are apparently the go to guy for this type of taper.

I can handle the big cut's up to 17%  per 2 weeks. (Until 1 mg)

However, I would like to spread this across a 3 week schedule cutting daily and holding when needed.

17% over 3 weeks from 1.25 mg= what amount daily? I just can't do the math.

Best regards,

FDF

Also if I brush my teeth 2 times a day and use half the standard "brush" size in length how much does it cost to brush my teeth a year?...

Obviously, I'm joking and I need to figure out this math myself.  :-\

To me you are missing the point.  The idea is to cut daily at a rate that DOES NOT INCREASE SYMPTOMS.  To find this you need to begin slow and search for it by testing higher and higher rates.

17% of 1.25mg is .2125mg, over three weeks is .010mg per day.  That is huge at your dose.  I'm not saying you absolutely won't be able to do it, but it is unlikely, and to start there is a bad idea.  Many people can only do a quarter that amount.

Once again thank you for the reply.

Augmented plan: 1.25 mg with a 10% reduction over 3 weeks- daily cuts, hold as needed.

[*] A daily reduction of .0023 times 21 (3 weeks)= .0483

[*] A daily reduction of .0017 times 21 (3 weeks)= .0357

Now I'm not sure of the percents here but I think this is in the general area that you are suggesting...right?

Apologies if I'm way off...

Yes, exactly!  To me the lower one (.0017mg per day) is a good starting point that will almost certainly give you a good result so you can get your bearings.  Try it for at least two weeks and see what happens.  If good you can move up to something like the higher one and retest.

With daily cutting you can do away with percents, which simplifies the math.  Think in terms of mg per day and mg per month (30 days).

In addition to establishing the right rate of taper, I would consider splitting the daily dosage into 2 or 3 equal doses.  The opening post mentioned two doses of 1mg and .25mg and that might cause interdose withdrawal in some people.

Thank you for the reply! You are apparently the go to guy for this type of taper.

I can handle the big cut's up to 17%  per 2 weeks. (Until 1 mg)

However, I would like to spread this across a 3 week schedule cutting daily and holding when needed.

17% over 3 weeks from 1.25 mg= what amount daily? I just can't do the math.

Best regards,

FDF

FDF:

Please look at my original thread and you'll see that I apologized to you!!!!! :smitten: Bets