Whats the min amount of time to wait to dissolve valium in milk?

[Ma...]

Hi buddies -

Wondering how long I need to wait for pill to dissolve before I pull the cut. Usually make batch night before or in morning. Have just screwed up my pull and need to make my current dose. Wondering if pill will mix within an hour properly. Seem to dissolve super quick in water.

Thank you!

The pill will break down pretty quickly. Mine used to break down within seconds. The valium won't actually dissolve in the milk, but it will suspend long enough for you to pull your dose. I don't know specifically how long it actually takes to suspend, but I would think it should happen more or less as soon as the tablet breaks down and releases the valium. However, if you do have an hour available to you then that should certainly be long enough for everything to mesh together quite well.

Hi buddies -

Wondering how long I need to wait for pill to dissolve before I pull the cut. Usually make batch night before or in morning. Have just screwed up my pull and need to make my current dose. Wondering if pill will mix within an hour properly. Seem to dissolve super quick in water.

Thank you!

Dissolving is not an instant process and we don't have any way to see or measure how long it takes in milk, but I would think if the pill breaks up quickly and you mix it enough it will happen fairly soon after.  I would think an hour would be fine.  I think the reason we leave so much time is simply an abundance of caution.

Hi buddies -

Thank you!

Just for clarification, the pill does NOT "dissolve" in water.  It breaks apart, deconstructs, but the valium does NOT go into solution, and is not uniformly distributed in the liquid.

Hi buddies -

Thank you!

Just for clarification, the pill does NOT "dissolve" in water.  It breaks apart, deconstructs, but the valium does NOT go into solution, and is not uniformly distributed in the liquid.

Builder, I found data online by Jouyban that might change your mind.  It quantifies the solubility of V in water at .04mg/ml.  This means that 100ml of water will dissolve 4mg of V.  All the common benzos will dissolve about this amount in water.  When solubility is this poor I wonder how long it takes to go into solution though.

This is why I think the alcohol/water method works.  The benzo is pre-dissolved in the alcohol, then remains in solution even though the ending liquid is essentially water due to it's solubility in water.  But if enough water is not used it would come out of solution.

Here's the reference for anyone interested...they are in post #37.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97737.msg1540866#msg1540866

SG-

I respect your scholarship, but as with our discussion re: alcohol solubility, I remain skeptical of a a single article or data point  that contradicts the vast majority of published data.

That doesn't mean your position is wrong, just that it is inconsistent with most available info.

thanks folks. actually meant to say milk vs water.

I always wait 3-4 hours out of caution - but screwed up my measuring last night and didn't feel like staying up all night waiting for new batch.