Question about tapering portion of my daily dosage

[Ve...]

I am currently taking 0.3125 mg Clonazepam daily. I use the 0.5 mg tablets and take 0.125 mg (1\4 pill) at 2 pm and the remainder at 8 pm (1\4 pill plus 1\8 pill) I use a scale to weigh the pills after I cut them. I was hoping to be able to titrate the 1\8 pill at night first and then continue to titrate the remaining 0.25 mg after that is gone. I tried doing a daily dry cut micro-taper of the 1\8 tablet but the scale doesn't seem sensitive enough (or maybe I'm not doing it right?)

Anyway if I do a liquid titration of the 1\8 pill (0.0625 mg) what amount of milk would be recommended for dissolving?

Thanks!!

Yeah, the smallest cut you can make with a .5mg pill on a scale is about .003mg so that might be too much at your dose to do daily.  It sounds like it was.  The pill is just too potent for that.

I'm thinking you might benefit from moving your doses a bit.  I'd suggest dosing every 12 hours and even them up 50/50.  Up yo you, just a suggestion.

On the milk, I'd put the whole .5mg pill into 50ml whole milk.  Be sure it is whole milk.  So your entire dose of .3125mg would be 31.25ml, which you could then split up easily into your two doses.  You could toss the rest, or save it and use the next day.

For a daily cut you might try .001mg for starters.

Thanks SG57!

I had a couple more questions too. You said to begin your taper from a good place. I have unfortunately been experiencing tolerance for the past couple of weeks (which is strange since I have been on this for less that 3 months) and have noticed an increase in withdrawal symptoms. These include lots of anxiety, not wanting to go anywhere, burning feet and hands, increased sensitivity to heat and cold, some muscle twitching and periodic tingling and numbness. Not really sure if it's worth going up on my dose since that will only add to my time on the taper. The symptoms seemed a little worse after I tried the dry cut from the 0.0625 pill (although all I cut was .006 mg over 2 days which is only 2%) What would you recommend?

Also, would you hold for awhile after switching to milk since it might feel like a cut?

Is it possible to use raw milk for this, or would you recommend that I purchase some homogenized milk from the store?

So to remove 0.001 mg I would remove 0.1 ml of liquid daily- is this correct? Are most people able to go up a bit from there? Just wondering since it looks like it would take about 312 days to taper if I only removed 0.1 ml. But maybe this is how long it will take - who knows?

Thanks!!

I really don't know if going up is the thing to do.  I think I'd cut slowly and see what happens.

Yes, I'd hold for at least a week upon switching to liquid dosing.  Play it by ear from there.  But give yourself a chance to get used to it.  Also the dose time switches might cause a temporary disturbance.  All good reasons to hold.

Oh god yes, used homogenized milk!  The fat is the key and if it is not homogenized the fat may not be evenly distributed.

If you put .5mg into 50ml then a .001mg cut would be done by removing .1ml.  Most people can go higher from there.  It is just a starting point.

I think I got all your questions.