Would greatly appreciate help for a titration taper schedule

[ra...]

Hello! I've been working on a direct taper for about 1 1/2 years now. I suppose I'm mildly satisfied with the progress, but feel I could really use some extra help. My previous psychiatrist was absolutely wonderful and very helpful, however I moved states and my new psychiatrist has been of zero help, so I've been essentially on my own for the direct tapering period. I've gotten my doses down to Klonopin 1.5mg and Xanax .5mg daily. Some days, depending on the withdrawal symptoms I may go back up a bit (usually adding just .25mg or .5mg of either Xanax or Klonopin depending). I would like to try switching to a titration taper to get these doses down to zero, but am kind of at a loss of how to create a schedule, etc. Any help would be tremendously helpful! Thank you :)

Thank you! Yes, I have been bringing both down together. My typical dose schedule right now is .5mg Klonopin in the AM and then either 1mg Kpin midday or .5mg Kpin midday and .5mg Kpin in the evening. The time that I take the Xanax varies. I think I can usually wait to take the .5mg of Xanax in the evening, but I also use those for when the withdrawal symptoms start interfering with work, etc. and need something that will help faster, so the timing often changes. 

It's best to take steady doses spaced out evenly over the day.  It's your taper and you can do what you want, but I would advise dosing eight hours apart and splitting up the Xanax.  And not jumping around more one day, less the next.  This is not helping.

I'd also stop tapering the K and focus on getting rid of the Xanax first.

Thank you for your suggestions! My current doctor isn't supportive of the taper and is always trying to up my doses, so I feel like I've kinda been running around with my head cut off for the past year or so trying to figure out how to do this. I think I just sort of panic when the withdrawal symptoms get really bad and the Xanax has been my go-to saving grace. I've got a pretty sensitive body that doesn't react well to prescriptions in general let alone changes once it is used to something. I will definitely use your suggestions and really appreciate the advice.