Author Topic: Canadian Eh? Pre and post withdrawal support  (Read 34597 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Canadian Eh? Pre and post withdrawal support
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 06:36:28 am »
Hey there [...] (and any other more cautious/shy Canucks)...Glad to hear I'm not the only one who somehow finds S. Ont. colder now than my memories of N. Ont.  8)!

Looking at your taper history, I take heart from the progress you've made; [...] things are going decently right now. I can't even let myself look that far ahead; what with the snail/turtle pace I seem to be restricted to (by my pesky CNS or whatever) 'Freedom Benzo' seems positively futuristic i.e. circa driverless cars.

Along with benzos being severely restricted as a drug of last resort some day(?), perhaps there will also be a much easier way to get off the darn things. If that happens just after I [hopefully/better] get benzo free, that would be crazy ::) making-but a great thing in general, of course.

Well, let's [...] that some more Chatty Canucks chime in on this thread, so it doesn't turn into a dialogue; I'm sure not planning to make it my semi-personal little log, either, but I'm not gonna stop bugging others to at least say "Hey/Hiya, eh!" Stay warm!

Bab  :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 06:24:11 am »
Just wanted to wish us all a [belated] Valentine's Day-a reminder to accept and like OURSELVES being an important issue for benzo folk! Also, [...] those in Ontario and other provinces that have a Family Day holiday this Monday have a good day; you don't need a job or a family to be able to participate, so don't sweat the details  :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 06:51:29 am »
Another 'reply to myself'...starting to feel like a megalomaniac  ::) ?! Anyhow, just wanted to say 'Hi' to [...]/Orion/D. Advisor ET AL.; [...] you are all doing okay. Any other Canucks out there who aren't into total hibernation, silent lurking, or just need an invitation to post?? Again, not my thread-hardly!-but I'm stubborn.

Surely there are others up here who may find the idea of strength in numbers appealing, or want to just check in, even if you're not into/up to posting a whole lot of info? Someone say SOMEthing, before winter finally peters out, and we all get too busy making up for our loss of vitamin D 8)!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 03:01:27 pm »
I'm here!!! Looks like it's just the two of us  :D

All I can say at this point is I'M SO OVER WINTER!!!!! Ugh.

It's finally not -40 degrees BUT we are getting another big snow dump so getting outside for fresh air is still a nuisance.

Bleh.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 08:05:03 pm »
Anybody playing roll up the rim to win?  :laugh:

I've won 5 coffees but no donuts!  :'(

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 10:12:24 pm »
Hey [...], thanks for putting a stop to my little monologue-starting to sound like an infomercial 'calling all Benzo-Canajuns', eh?! Yeah, this snow is starting to give me a Timmins deja vu; skiing xc out the door, okay, but shovelling, not so much. But hey, this too shall melt?!

And [...], wellkommen :). I have better memories of S. Alta. chinooks, although sometimes the super-early and late [in the season] snowstorms were challenging. Congrats on the free coffee; I've never won anything but coffee/donuts, but a friend once scored a nice BBQ! (Who wins those darn cars, anyway??)

If any Americans see this, the whole 'roll up the rim' thing may seem like a national secret, so I'm ready for CIA surveillance lol  ::). I guess there are some Timmies in the U.S., but not on every corner, that's for sure. Where I live, people who smoke who have tailgate coffee time in the parking lots of TH when the weather is more mellow.

Maybe there should be a TH political party, since the brand is already so imbedded in our Canuck brains (along with benzo goop, for some of us, bleah!)?! ...Cheeers to all rim-rolling/shovel-wielding north o' 49er's, and best of luck to us all  :thumbsup:.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 05:58:02 am »
More snow and cold 8), at least in most parts of the country. Can anyone spell 'cabin fever'?? Hard to believe I taught skiing so many winters, not so long ago; now I'd just feel like phoning it in!! "Don't hibernate-participate" was one of the pro-winter slogans we used  :D. Hands up anyone who has spent the night in a 'quinzhee' (sp?)?! I had to for a high school outdoor course, and almost decided a 0 was better than a night out in -25 temps, but have to confess I was actually warm :thumbsup:. (Great down sleeping bag was the key.)

Oh well, at least we have the ol' roll up the rim to win thing to keep us going now, and remind us that there is indeed grass somewhere under all that snow. I am, alas, continuing my stunning non-winning streak; anyone else have at least a donut or coffee win to report this week? Or perhaps a car they'd like to donate to a good cause (uh, that would be, ahem, moi)?? For now, persevere with the clothing layering strategy, and enjoy the lengthening hours of sun?light!

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:36 am »
Hi again fellow Canucksters-[...] y'all are being spared the Worst of Taper W/D SXS; I'm having severe issues with SWEATS, yuck. This sticky situation is exacerbated greatly by the numbers of layers I wear in the winter. Great for XC skiing, barn chores etc., but I need a nap just to build up the energy to layer and de-layer. People in southern climates must find the idea of needing to don and shed clothing constantly(!) a pretty hilarious concept-HA, not so much!

Also possibly going psychotic from my brain/body's insistence on this mind bogglingly frequent sweat routine; I challenge anybody game to a sweat-off (first person reduced to nothing but a puddle wins??).
To top it all off, yesterday I backed [ever soooo lightly] into another vehicle, rats. Please, if you park a white car beside a tall white snow bank, put some fluorescent tape on it!!

Luckily, I barely left some of my black vehicle paint on the bumper, which I was able to wipe off with my toque while chatting with the thankfully good natured owner of the white car-he totally waved off the incident as 'nothing,' and we parted on good terms. (I think I heart him  :smitten:, and SOMEONE is getting a Timmy's gift card; if he wins a car, I'll be thrilled and not the least bit jealous!)

So what's up with everyone? When's the march on Parliament?

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »
You found another Canadian.  I guess not many of us withdrawing????  I've been at it since July last year and going strong and getting much better but major huge slow process. I do find this cold blast were having right now is wearing me thin. I do want to run and hibernate. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 04:13:15 pm »
Babs - sorry to hear about your unfortunate sweating and even more unfortunate paint transfer debacle. Thank goodness there are still reasonable people in the world and he was kind to you. Maybe he is recovered from benzo withdrawal and now he doesn't sweat the small stuff  :D

[...] - nice to see you here!! I second your sentiments about winter. I'm so done with it. My kids were excited today that it was only -12 and they'd be able to have outdoor recess again. Goodbye February and hello countdown to spring.  8)