Ativan withdrawal

[Co...]

Hi there, I would like to know if you could assist me with the titration withdrawal method for Ativan. Currently taking 2.5mg morning & 1.25mg night of Ativan tablets. I would like to know what is needed in the way of measuring how much to reduce & what liquids best to use for titration,I have been on this dose for around a year & really want to get off this evil drug. Could you if possible provide a schedule of what is needed & time frame as well. I want to also stop the aggressive & violent thoughts that this drug causes me to have. I would like to start the titration method pretty soon if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Really to titrate any drug all you need is a 1ml and a 10ml syringe, and as many sealable jars as you have doses.  That's bare bones.

You're on a fairly high dose.  The timeframe is a very difficult thing to determine as people vary widely, but very generally speaking two years might be expected.  It could go higher or lower though.

As for liquids, there are several ways.  All benzos seem to have a liquid prescription version.  Then there are always compounding pharmacies that can make you a custom liquid.  For homemade I've seen people have success with using a small amount of alcohol to pre-dissolve the pill then topping up with water.  If you do this I'd liquify only .5mg at a time and take the rest dry.  And then there is Ora Plus, which works with any benzo.

I"ll also mention that a key to ativan is to dose as frequently as needed.  4x a day is not uncommon.

I'd like help to set up a titration schedule. I have been on Lorazepam for 14 years. Started at .25mg and have worked up to 1 mg and stayed there for the last 5 or 6 years. So ready to be done with this med.

Can I use just water to liquify the 1mg pill? Not sure how to begin. I do have the 100ml vial and a 10ml syringe.......

Thanks

I'd like help to set up a titration schedule. I have been on Lorazepam for 14 years. Started at .25mg and have worked up to 1 mg and stayed there for the last 5 or 6 years. So ready to be done with this med.

Can I use just water to liquify the 1mg pill? Not sure how to begin. I do have the 100ml vial and a 10ml syringe.......

Thanks

People use water, but I would not recommend it.  Ativan is poorly soluble in water at about .05mg/ml.  See my previous post to get an idea of liquids.

Thanks SG57,what may I ask is the alcohol that you would use?

I'd use a very high proof, like Everclear 151 (75% alcohol) grain alcohol.