needing help on a titration schedule for clonazepam

[Da...]

Can someone teach me in simplest terms how to start titrating 1.25 clonazepam? I am using .5 pills and will be dosing three times a day? Thank you

Dave 86

I gotta say I really dislike using cylinders, Dave.  You need to mix the K with milk and that really can not be done well in a cylinder, so it has to be mixed in another container then transferred to the cylinder.  With the added surfaces you will be losing benzo and complicating the process.  Not good or necessary.

But you can liquify all of it if you want.  That would use a lot more milk, but would also simplify things.  And if you want to use 100ml that can also be done.  To keep from needing to split pills I'd make a two-day batch by putting five .5mg pills into 200ml milk, then split it in half to get two days worth of doses.  Each dose will be 1.25mg in 100ml milk and each ml will contain .0125mg K.  Use a 10ml and a 1ml syringe to dispense, measure, and cut.

You can then take your cut then split the remaining liquid into your three dose jars by eyeballing them even.

Let me know what you think.

[ef...]
You'd take 2.5 of your 0.5 mg pills during the course of the day to give a daily dose of 1.25 mg.  The easiest way to do this would be to take 0.5 mg (1 pill) in the morning, 0.25 mg (1/2 pill) mid-afternoon, and 0.5 mg (1 pill) before bed.  If you want to take equal portions for each dose, you'd have to divide 2.5 pills equally into three portions.  I think that you'd need a scale to do that if you want to do it accurately.  If you already have a scale, write back, and I can walk you through that.

I gotta say I really dislike using cylinders, Dave.  You need to mix the K with milk and that really can not be done well in a cylinder, so it has to be mixed in another container then transferred to the cylinder.  With the added surfaces you will be losing benzo and complicating the process.  Not good or necessary.

But you can liquify all of it if you want.  That would use a lot more milk, but would also simplify things.  And if you want to use 100ml that can also be done.  To keep from needing to split pills I'd make a two-day batch by putting five .5mg pills into 200ml milk, then split it in half to get two days worth of doses.  Each dose will be 1.25mg in 100ml milk and each ml will contain .0125mg K.  Use a 10ml and a 1ml syringe to dispense, measure, and cut.

You can then take your cut then split the remaining liquid into your three dose jars by eyeballing them even.

Let me know what you think.

:thumbsup:

Hi Dave, I'm also preparing for titration (and SG57 has been of great help!!).

First, let me congratulate you on your decision, plus you've found an awesome place for support on BB!!

If you're like me, you might feel a bit apprehensive of this process (jars, cylinders, syringes...) but I think we'll get used to that pretty fast :)

Make sure you have the maths of your dose making clear in your head, it's not complicated it just takes time, a totally new way of thinking.

As SG suggests, for 1.25mg of K per day, I also believe it's easier to make a batch every two days by creating a 2.5mg K in millk suspension you then divide into 2 and then each into 3 (or 6 in total) for your 3 doses over two 2 days.

However, for ease in dividing your 6 doses, I would suggest using 300mL - what do you thing SG?

(or 150mL would work well for the that as well)

From what I've seen, you can crush your 2.5mg K and then measure your milk precisely (you can use a cylinder which will never be in contact with K in this process)

Add a little milk to your pestle to "wash it down" your main container, keep "cleaning" the instruments you've used to crush the K with milk so that all the K gets transferred to that container (ideally a jar, something with a good lid).

Shake really well in up-and-down motions (avoid stirring) so that your suspension is homogeneous - make sure there is no K at the bottom of the jar which has not been taken in suspension.

Anyhow, if you've used 300mL milk and are therefore left with three 50mL K per dose, it might simplify your dosing and cut calculations (?).

Every time you go back to the jar, shake shake shake before you do anything  :thumbsup:

Good luck and happy titration, if I may!  ;)

So can a one day dose be made by simply splitting one .5 pill in half for a .25mg and adding that to 2-.5mg pills for a total of 1.25mg (like badsocref explained) and putting that 1.25mg all in a 100ml of milk for a one day batch to taper from? I really need this as simple as possible.

I would only use the 100ml cylinder to measure the amount of milk I poured into my "jam jar" and then would mix my K with the milk in the jar. I would then draw out my taper amount by syringe and discard that amount. Then I would split my remaining amount of my three daily dosages into 2 oher jars using my syringe. Does this sound correct?

So can a one day dose be made by simply splitting one .5 pill in half for a .25mg and adding that to 2-.5mg pills for a total of 1.25mg (like badsocref explained) and putting that 1.25mg all in a 100ml of milk for a one day batch to taper from? I really need this as simple as possible.

I would only use the 100ml cylinder to measure the amount of milk I poured into my "jam jar" and then would mix my K with the milk in the jar. I would then draw out my taper amount by syringe and discard that amount. Then I would split my remaining amount of my three daily dosages into 2 oher jars using my syringe. Does this sound correct?

I think I followed what you described, Dave.  It will probably work fine, but be sure to use the "other half" of the same pill the next day to get that error to cancel out.  If you make a two-day batch (2.5mg in 200ml milk) and split it in two this error would go away.  You're also losing some milk on the cylinder walls, but if you do it the same way every day this should also cancel out.  The concentration would be .0125mg/ml which is fine for accurate cutting with a 1ml syringe.

I second that, Dave, your logic is correct. I understand that you want to make things as simple as possible, you need to feel comfortable with the whole process and not add any extra pressure on yourself.

But you've got this :thumbsup:

As SG57 highlights, make sure you use the other half-pill the next day (and divide the "dust" from the splitting, if any) so that you're dosing right.

You're also losing some milk on the cylinder walls

SG, may I ask what you suggest if you don't use a cylinder to measure the milk poured with the klonopin?

Thank you :)

You're also losing some milk on the cylinder walls

SG, may I ask what you suggest if you don't use a cylinder to measure the milk poured with the klonopin?

Thank you :)

Ten pulls on a 10ml syringe or you can get a bigger one to cut down on the work.

[ef...]

The 'error' from the split pill will be very small since you're also using two intact pills.  Pill splitting errors typically run from 5% to 10%.  That may sound high, but that 10% error for half a pill translates to a 2% error when the two intact pills are also considered.

Also consider that your realized dose during the day varies as your body breaks down the drug.  Even if you dose 3x per day, the variation for klonopin will be something like 14% during the day.  Then also factor in that your body will absorb the drug differently depending on hydration, food/supplement intake, activity, health, the position of Mars in the zodiac (OK, that's made up). 

The point I'm trying to make is to not overthink these doses or all of the possible variations that may occur.  There are people who get manic about all of these considerations.  It can bring on an anxiety that does not serve them during withdrawal or in life.

There are people who get manic about all of these considerations.  It can bring on an anxiety that does not serve them during withdrawal or in life.

Good point Badsocref :thumbsup:

Keep things as simple as possible and remember that you've got a life to live as well... and foremost!  ;)