daily liquid titration with librium?

[Co...]

Trying to help a fellow buddy with a liquid titration plan for librium. Anyone know what the best thing to use as a solution would be? They are capsules and they are taking 100 mg per day in 4 divided doses. I know all about milk and valium but have no clue about librium.

How much would be dissolved and how much taken dry?

People use water for Librium.  I have data that shows it dissolves .11mg/ml, which is not much so you need to be careful with how much you try to dissolve.  Assisting it with a small amount of alcohol might be a good idea.

They're taking 25 mg 4 times a day. So I guess 1 of the 25 mg pills or all 100 mg so they can do daily liquid titration. I heard it's no water soluble and probably can't be used that way. Hmmmm? I really don't know what to tell her.

The one member who comes to mind that titrated Librium is Oscar.  I'm pretty sure he uses water, but you can contact him and get the lowdown.

If my data is right - and I think it is a very good source - an ml of water will hold .11mg of Librium so you would need at least 228ml to dissolve just one 25mg pill.  And like I said, if you use a small amount of alcohol that will go a long way towards getting the Librium into solution.

• 3 weeks later...
This would be a plan for me. I found a perscriber and meed to fogure out how fo do the LT woth Librium! I'm in tolerence wd already and also wanted to know of anyone has done this while in tolerence. Im eating like a horse but can't keep any weight on!

Chlordiazepoxide hydrochloride is 7-chloro-2- (methylamino) -5-phenyl-3H-1,4-benzodiazepine 4-oxide hydrochloride. A white to practically white crystalline substance, it is soluble in water. It is unstable in solution and the powder must be protected from light" from RX list how can it be water soulable but undtable in solution? Anyone understand this?

The one member who comes to mind that titrated Librium is Oscar.  I'm pretty sure he uses water, but you can contact him and get the lowdown.

If my data is right - and I think it is a very good source - an ml of water will hold .11mg of Librium so you would need at least 228ml to dissolve just one 25mg pill.  And like I said, if you use a small amount of alcohol that will go a long way towards getting the Librium into solution.

Okay yhis is what is really confusing me. Lets say I take my morning capsule and then afternoon capsule then I just want to LT .25 mg of a 25 mg pill so a quarter of a mil reduction making it 99.75 for the day wouldn't that be done using 100 mil of water and pulling out 1 mil to toss? Where does the .11 and 288 and such come in? Please I'm really trying to understand this and my hubby is saying thats badic math, he also says i dont need a jar that i could just use a measuring cup and a spoon to mix it. What do you guys think?