.5mg taper with almond milk

[Xd...]

Started taking 1mg apx 3 years ago.  2 years I dropped to .5mg a night and am looking to cut it out in 2015.  Is there a general guide available that I'm missing?  Was thinking of doing 100mg (digital scale vs ml in cylinder) almond milk suspended and removing 1mg per day.  Does that make sense?  100 days to go from .5mg to zero.  Too conservative,too aggressive,or a good starting point?  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

It's not a good idea to set a schedule for this.  It takes what it takes and you would be much better of going by symptoms.  Make a small cut, recover, repeat.

I assume this is either Xanax or Klonopin?  Getting rid of .5mg in 100 days generally is too aggressive.

Yes Klonopin.  I see what you mean about not setting a schedule.  Probably part of my nature.  If doing the 1% reduction. Do you reduce till symptoms then stabilize.  Then start reduction as tolerable again?

Actually there is a great approach to tapering called daily tapering where you take a tiny bite each day and hold only as needed, but with the right cut you should not need to hold much.  Reductions are on the order of a fraction of a percent each day to start, then they can be systematically raised to find your best cut.

But 1% cuts are also a workable.  It might take a few days to recover from these.

either way I'd recommend using full fat whole milk as we know it works well.