I would like to begin tapering using titration

[Fr...]

I have been on Klonopin for about 11 years now and take 2 mgs in the morning and 2 mgs at night for a total of 4mgs per day.  I would like to use the titration method but I am unsure how to begin.  Should I start with all 4 mgs crushed and suspended in whole milk or just one dose (2mgs) and the second dose as I usually take them?

thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi, You can do it either way, but if it were me I'd liquify a pill at a time to keep my amount of liquid down as low as possible.  What are your pill sizes?

Each tablet is 1 mg.  I have tried several times to get off them by cutting them in quarter.  I would get to about the third week and give up.

Yup, that would do it.  I was on 4mg K too.  It will be a very long road, there is no way around that.  But it does not have to be hard.

What I would suggest is liquifying a 1mg pill and keep the other three dry.  Split one in half and begin dosing 1.5mg dry + .5mg liquid twice a day, 12 hours apart.

There are several ways to liquify, but an easy one is to put the pill into full fat whole milk.  You could put it into 50ml to make a .02mg/ml solution.

I have ordered all the necessary thinks to begin titration detox and now my husband wants to send me to a detox/recovery inpatient treatment program.

I had already discussed how I wanted to do this but he read The Ashton Manual and I guess it freaked him out.

I loathe detox facilities and acute care hospital facilities.  Most because they are more like prisons than helpful caring places. Drag and passed over for repair of furniture, etc.

I won't go. I've already told him.  I don't want to offend anyone here,but, I am not a drug abuser, or addict.  I don't crave more Klonopin nor do I want to take anymore any longer than I have to.  I am chemically dependent on it.  I was prescribed it, it took it as prescribed, no more no less.

I am already suffer extreme agrophobia and social anxiety, if I am put into a hospital setting detox/acute care facility it will destroy me mentally.

I plan to start the home titration plan as I have laid out for myself.  I am not so mentally impaired that i can't make a rational informed decision for myself.

I have ordered all the necessary thinks to begin titration detox and now my husband wants to send me to a detox/recovery inpatient treatment program.

I had already discussed how I wanted to do this but he read The Ashton Manual and I guess it freaked him out.

I loathe detox facilities and acute care hospital facilities.  Most because they are more like prisons than helpful caring places. Drag and passed over for repair of furniture, etc.

I won't go. I've already told him.  I don't want to offend anyone here,but, I am not a drug abuser, or addict.  I don't crave more Klonopin nor do I want to take anymore any longer than I have to.  I am chemically dependent on it.  I was prescribed it, it took it as prescribed, no more no less.

I am already suffer extreme agrophobia and social anxiety, if I am put into a hospital setting detox/acute care facility it will destroy me mentally.

I plan to start the home titration plan as I have laid out for myself.  I am not so mentally impaired that i can't make a rational informed decision for myself.

Exactly!!!  We are NOT addicts.  We took it as prescribed.  There is no craving.  This is not drug seeking behavior.

A very important thing for you and your husband to understand is detox facilities DO NOT WORK FOR BENZOS.  Yet they will take your money.  They basically cold turkey you - they rip it out within a month - then you will spend possibly a few years in misery recovering from their "good work."

There is no substitute for time.  The taper will take months, sometimes years.  But the good news is this does not have to be a horrible experience.  With the right taper you can have a fairly normal life.

But whatever you do PLEASE do not go to a detox.

I am prepared to put up a fight over this.  This isnt his body and he has no idea what I am already going through because I have hit saturation and am going through withdraw already.  My biggest problem is i have only my two boys, 28 and 19 to be here with me and they work and go to school.  My agrophobia has driven away my last so called friend and my husband is only here on weekends since he works out of town.

I wanted to hire a HHA or a CNA to come in once per day to help me out and make sure everything is going okay.  At first he was fine with it, but now he wants insurance to pay so he doesn't have to open his rusty wallet.

Yes I am bitter and upset which as you all know only exacerbates the the withdrawal symptoms

Thank you for you kind support and the understanding and encouraging reply.

"A very important thing for you and your husband to understand is detox facilities DO NOT WORK FOR BENZOS.  Yet they will take your money.  They basically cold turkey you - they rip it out within a month - then you will spend possibly a few years in misery recovering from their "good work."

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yup, that would do it.  I was on 4mg K too.  It will be a very long road, there is no way around that.  But it does not have to be hard.

What I would suggest is liquifying a 1mg pill and keep the other three dry.  Split one in half and begin dosing 1.5mg dry + .5mg liquid twice a day, 12 hours apart.

There are several ways to liquify, but an easy one is to put the pill into full fat whole milk.  You could put it into 50ml to make a .02mg/ml solution.

Thanks SG for this!! I was also on 4mgs and think titration will be my next best move. Great info for me  :thumbsup:

Frigg: You are not alone in this - see, I've been prescribed 4mgs of K too... and now want to get off because life is just too short and there is so much more to do!!!  :smitten:

By all means, keep fighting. You'll find plenty support here. I hope you're well and wish you lots of success in this new journey - listen to your body and keep making sensible choices, you've got this!!!  ;)

Hugs!!!

xxx

"A very important thing for you and your husband to understand is detox facilities DO NOT WORK FOR BENZOS.  Yet they will take your money.  They basically cold turkey you - they rip it out within a month - then you will spend possibly a few years in misery recovering from their "good work."

Frigg, I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a very successful taper leading to increasing quality of life... and finally Freedom!!!

:smitten: